Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Biggest Flaw of X-2 (SPOILERS)

The biggest flaw in X-2 was that it even happened. FFX was the first ever Final Fantasy game that had a sequel, as well as the first Final Fantasy game that had actual talking characters. Well, since the major milestones had been passed, what was left for FFX-2? Nothing. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to play (the first couple of times) and had a great battle system, but there was really nothing major that set it apart from FFX (except that X had a better storyline). Final Fantasy has always, for as long as I can remember, had a main character with a love interest. So that didn't really make X-2 stand out either. Yuna lost Tidus and then in the end they were reunited. Ta-da. You can tune into lifetime and see crap like that.

I know, I used to loooove and swear by X-2. But I've grown up a lot and moved on from the sappy storyline that entertained me when I was 14/15.

CC
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_yuna View Post
    The biggest flaw in X-2 was that it even happened. FFX was the first ever Final Fantasy game that had a sequel, as well as the first Final Fantasy game that had actual talking characters. Well, since the major milestones had been passed, what was left for FFX-2? Nothing. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to play (the first couple of times) and had a great battle system, but there was really nothing major that set it apart from FFX (except that X had a better storyline). Final Fantasy has always, for as long as I can remember, had a main character with a love interest. So that didn't really make X-2 stand out either. Yuna lost Tidus and then in the end they were reunited. Ta-da. You can tune into lifetime and see crap like that.

I know, I used to loooove and swear by X-2. But I've grown up a lot and moved on from the sappy storyline that entertained me when I was 14/15.
    I lol'd.

You're absolutely right; it offers just a whole bunch of nothing worthwhile after one finishes X. X is fine as is; leave it alone, SE! Oh wait, too late. But meh, if we don't like it, we shan't play it, right?

the only reason why i bothered with x2 was for rikku in her yellow bikini.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    because if life is a bitch, im gonna make her MY BITCH
    i now legally posess a phd in zombies.

on february 23, 1987, two things happened: the first documentable supernova visible with the human eye, and my birth. in other words, i was blessed by the universe itself. not many can say that

Quote Originally Posted by WILL FUCKING POWER View Post
    the only reason why i bothered with x2 was for rikku in her yellow bikini.
    You could've just looked up images of her online. Just saying.

On topic: Yeah, the Perfect Ending sucks. I never bothered with that Chocobo and Cacti crap. The Good Ending is so much better (love how it ties in with FFX's ending)

with rikku, that wasnt enough. i had to play the game

sass this hoopy frood superlusher's Avatar
    it was too different from ff10, it almost didnt make sense as a sequel. About the only thing that let it be a sequel was the characters and locations. If they were changed then it could well have been a stand alone game

''Your life is yours alone, rise up and live it''.

a poor FF game ?
    shrugs.

FFX has a lot of fans.

As for X-2 it does feel like a parody especially with Leblanc and her revealing outfits.

I agree with the last poster about the battle system.It's superior to FFXII and FFXIII's systems I also wish they would use it again.

The game was ok.I don't regard it as a serious effort by Square nor do I believe it should be considered as such.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYWOLF View Post
    a poor FF game ?
    shrugs.

FFX has a lot of fans.

As for X-2 it does feel like a parody especially with Leblanc and her revealing outfits.

I agree with the last poster about the battle system.It's superior to FFXII and FFXIII's systems I also wish they would use it again.

The game was ok.I don't regard it as a serious effort by Square nor do I believe it should be considered as such.
    I really hope not...

Hip Hop That Sounds Pretty HDHipHop1's Avatar
    People keep buying it, Square will keep on making it.
    Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth. - Saul Williams
    Helping the "decline" of humanity by not giving two fucks about old, European-style music. - some African
    I listen to hip-hop, so that dead white men will spin in their graves. - a degenerate African

Too much "Fail" fan service.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    YouTube Page: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The biggest flaw of Final Fantasy X-2 was Final Fantasy X-2
    Enkidoh likes this.

I enjoyed the good ending, and it doesn't take 100% to get it, all you have to do is press x a couple of times during a few scenes so it's not that taxing and is a proper CGI scene. I did like the ending because I did want Tidus to survive, I didn't like him dead at the end of X. The biggest flaw of X-2 I think was Yuna's personality change, she seriously wasn't the same person at all and it wasn't good. I prefer to imagine that X-2 happened with the same Yuna as X makes it much better imo.

The perfect ending was annoying, because you had gone to all the trouble of getting 100% and it wasn't even a proper CGI scene which was a major disappointment. They could have done so much more with the perfect ending that they didn't and it was a disappointment - not as much as Yuna's personality though.

Xx..xX

the biggest flaw of x-2 was that yuna wasnt wearing a blue bikini.
    i fiku was wearing a yellow one, why the fuck yuna isnt?

paine can go fuck her fugly self

Quote Originally Posted by ROKUSHO View Post
    the biggest flaw of x-2 was that yuna wasnt wearing a blue bikini.
    i fiku was wearing a yellow one, why the fuck yuna isnt?

paine can go fuck her fugly self
    Paine was the only character that was bearable.

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Indeed - she was basically a female Auron, and wasn't one to mince words or beat around the bush. Not to mention I loved her whole leather/punk rocker Warrior appearance. Also, I laughed when she actually told Rin the unpleasant truth - he really is a jackass.
    enkffxisig-new-small

personally i thought everything about x-2 was pretty Awesome....only thing that threw me off was the goofy techno style music.

Onion Kid
    I feel like this topic is already redundant enough, but I will still add my 2cents.

FFX-2 is not one of the best FFs of all time. I am a big fan on FF, especially FFX. The storyline was complex, full of twists and turns and I feel like FFX-2 didn't compliment it at all. X-2 was more of a...girly, childish game. Only reason I say that it is childish is because of all the minigames and things to do that have nothing to do with the actual plot.

Although, I am glad I played through FFX-2. For folks who wanted answers at the end of FFX (even though there was a lot to be said about what wasn't said) this was a good game. It always kept me entertained enough. And the storyline wasn't that bad. But I am one of the people who think FFX ended beautifully, and did not need further explanation.

Anywho, the biggest flaw would have to be the extreme amount of minigames/crap that had nothing at all to do with the actual story.

I always thought the biggest flaw to X-2 was that it seems that way too much has happened since the end of FFX to have just 2 years passed. None of the characters(with the exception of Yuna/Rikku) seemed to have aged. Pacce is still a kid but Cassie(it was Cassie wasn't it? Miss Chocobo Lover) grew up. Um ok...speaking of chocobos, again, only 2 years and an entire species seems almost extinct because no one is using them anymore? Another big flaw for me was the non-linear format. I 'cheated' and looked up 100% walkthrough while I played it. I do like however that you could go back and get more goodies out of chests in different chapters. Now to the new characters:
    Leblanc Syndicate: Blech...
    Nooj: Don't like the hair, and the name Nooj seems silly to me. Otherwise had the makings to be an interesting character, except when he gets 'depressed' he just seemed whiny.
    Gippal: Funny in an interesting way. Don't like the hair and the jester outfit, but he had potential.
    Barelai: Had lots of potential too, looked like an Eskimo(not meaning that in a bad way either, just an observation).
    Paine: Might have liked her better if they'd revealed she was Auron's daughter(I know there's debate about it, but to me she is).
    Shuyin: 1000years and he's intent on making the same mistakes over and over again. And it's everyone else's fault too, just ask him.

3rd biggest flaw to me was having to view the hot springs FIFTEEN TIMES to get 100%.

And during the Thunder Plains concert, when Yuna/Lenne was singing the line "On silver wings" I kept thinking she was going to say "Subaru" because it just reminded me of a car commercial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12