Thread: The Vana'diel March--with Uematsu motifs?

The Vana'diel March--with Uematsu motifs?

Question about the 2 "Vana'diel March" songs that Mizuta Naoshi contributes to the FFXI OST: besides Uematsu's "Prelude," what Uematsu motifs are incorporated in Mizuta's marches?

When I look online for the song credits, Mizuta is always the credited composer and yet, unless my memory is bumbling things around, most of the "Vana'diel March" content seems to be Uematsu melodies. Am I right?

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Actually, I know Nobuo Uematsu did compose a number of pieces for the FFXI OST: Memoria di la Stona - the theme to the opening movie is one. Ronfaure is another. And of course such standard FF themes as the Crystal Prelude, the Victory Fanfare when you level up and Dash de Chocobo are all pure Uematsu, but I'm unsure if the two Vana'diel Marches are also his work however.

Clearly the Prelude runs throughout the first Vana'diel March, but I think this was more Mizuta's homage to Uematsu and the earlier FF games rather than a case of Uematsu contributing ideas to the piece.

I do recall hearing that Uematsu found composing for the FFXI soundtrack was very difficult, so I guess he must have been the original composer chosen for the project, then left after only composing a couple of pieces, but whether that is true or not is merely my own speculation.
    enkffxisig-new-small

Grand Shriner
    -

I think you misunderstood me, Jemeela.

I was saying that there seems to be lots of melodic elements in Mizuta's song "Vana'diel March" that sound like she's incorporating some of Uematsu's past songs.

I do recall hearing that Uematsu found composing for the FFXI soundtrack was very difficult, so I guess he must have been the original composer chosen for the project, then left after only composing a couple of pieces, but whether that is true or not is merely my own speculation.[/QUOTE]

This is bullshit. Pure. Don't spread stupid rumours.

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Hmmm, I think you did not read my earlier post properly. I clearly stated that was purely imaginative speculation on my part, based on something that I had read (on Wikipedia as I recall). I was not trying to spread rumour or inaccurate information, and apologise if such a rumour has been spread.