Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did you call your Aeons and "Tidus?"

Cakeness and Saladness
    There's actually a person in the Moonflow who mentions your name. I think there would be a couple more, but I haven't noticed.

Back on topic...I remember learning about Ancient Egypt at the time that I replayed my final save, so I renamed my aeons to the Ancient Egypt gods. What a waste.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by New Dragon View Post
    Back on topic...I remember learning about Ancient Egypt at the time that I replayed my final save, so I renamed my aeons to the Ancient Egypt gods. What a waste.
    The Gods of Ancient Egypt are insulted to be referred to the Aeons in FFX.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I called "Ifrit", "Efreet". I'm a creative guy

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Well, that is how you pronounce it according to Final Fantasy XII, though I always pronounced it "Ih-frit" in my head until that game came along.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Pos
    I stayed in keeping with the authenticity of these wonderous fake creatures called Aeons and kept the names of the usual culprits the same.

I only renamed Valefor to Ayda as I was having a conversation about a character named Ayda from something else at the time and I was stuck for a name.

It's a been a while since I played FFX, but I can't remember any character speaking Tidus' name out loud. I think that's why a lot of people get stuck between calling him "Tide-us" and "Tee-dus" in the English-dub. Wakka says Tidus' name out loud in Kingdom Hearts though, but that could be considered irrelevant to FFX.

Anyhow, I also stick with traditional names. It's hard for me to see them as anything else.

In the original Kingdom Hearts, it was said as "Tee-dus," but then in Kingdom Hearts II they switched to "Tide-us," only adding to the confusion.

Pos
    I didn see the other part to the thread. Tidus I ended up calling Neild, I wish I would have called him, Twit, Twat, Prat or useless.

All of the above would have been more appropriate.

Onion Kid
    If I ever play this game again, I'm going to name Tidus Clownbaby.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent0042 View Post
    Well, that is how you pronounce it according to Final Fantasy XII, though I always pronounced it "Ih-frit" in my head until that game came along.
    I was referring to how "Efreet" is an alternate romanization of the djinn's name in Arabic.

That's one thing I didn't really like about the Aeons in FFX... sure they looked good, but A: felt more like playing Pokemon when you call them and B: Were kind of uninspired tbh. Sure, we know what they are (fayth etc w/e)... but apart from that, so what?

Well, I've started to play FFX all over again (6th or 7th time, already); And this time I named the beasts:

Tidus - Shuyin

Valefor - Pterya
    Ifrit - Maghmar
    Ixion - Raiju

...And that's all for now.
    P.S.: I really doubt they had any brainstorm to come up with the names and the aeons. Most of them are divinities and demons. Valefor (Valefar), for example, is known as a prince of the occult. He is represented by an eagle with a lion head.

Oh, the summon names are usually drawn from mythology. Odin is a common summon from the Final Fantasy titles and that's from Norse mythology. Gilgamesh, named after the character from The Epic of Gilgamesh also frequently crops up as a recurring character. Bahamut, on the other hand, is original and stems back to the king of dragons from the very first Final Fantasy title.

Edit, never mind. Apparently Bahamut has his origins in mythos as well.

Well, I doubt that Bahamut is a "Final Fantasy-original", as there was a dragon in the Arabic Mythology named Bahamut, aswell. However, it just proves my point, RPG's aren't THAT creative - they just go to wikipedia. q:

What I meant... the history of the Aeons in the world of FFX, while seemingly to be important to Spira and it's inhabitants, is lacking. The summons as a whole, are based off the myths and legends from different cultures around the world.

Onion Kid
    I kept all the default names, because I'm boring.

lol i was wondering why NOT ONE PERSON mentioned his name throughout this whole game! lol i mean jeez its only one of the FIRST QUESTIONS YOU ASK WHEN YOU MEET SOMEONE!!! anywho aside from da awkwardness of not askin this poor guy's name and forever being known as "THAT GUY", I loved this game! played it about 6 times over already. as for the names, I never really changed them (i was like 10 when i played this game)

Valefore-Same
    Ifrit-Blaze
    Ixion-Same
    Shiva-Same
    Bahamut-Rage
    Yojimbo-Same
    Anima-Chaos
    Magus Sisters-Same

Tidus- due to my wanting sense of adventure I named him after ME! BOOYAH! (^.^)-b

all in all tho this was an awesome game, in my opinion. I liked it a whole lot more than most other final fantasy games. my favorite character still has to be between Jecht and Auron tho...stiiiilll deciding..yeppp...SCREW THE ANGRY FURRY SMURF!!! anywho i'm playing it again now so I'll just stick with tidus's name and rename EVERYONE ELSE!

Valefor: Sariah (she's a dragon in a story)
    Ifrit: Socks
    Ixion: Zexion (cuz his name reminded me of him!)
    Shiva: Toast
    Bahamut: Yasmin (my name... even though Bahamut's a guy)
    Yojombo: Joel (my brother's name... cuz Yobimbo reminds me of himXD)
    Anima: Blacky
    Cindy: Beer
    Sandy: Patches
    Mindy: Lemonade

Tidus: Tidus

I just had fun with the aeons' names. And I left Tidus as Tidus because it's his name... you know... I just thought it would be appropriate.
    -Yassie! =0

Yojimbo - Cheap ass 1 dollar samurai
    YouTube Page: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    yea

Stranger In A Strange Land Deadlong's Avatar
    I rename Tidus with my name and the Aeons like the ancient greek gods:

Ifrit: Mars
    Valefor: Mercury
    Shiva: Venus
    Bahamut: Neptune