Page 103 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35393979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2728

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII Trivia

Ultros' New Sidekick JohnnyMercyside's Avatar
    No it's earlier than that. The first time you can draw Water from a draw point is in Laguna's first flashback, in the Timber forest before they arrive at Deling City.

Free go for anyone interested.
    "You don't need a reason to help people."

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    what is the maximum error ratio you can set the missiles to in the galbadia missile base?

pretty sure its 75%

Shall we ask a new question as the person who asked the question hasn't posted since?

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Go ahead Johnny. It's been well over three months and the OP hasn't come back. Not has 7alentine been back for a while either.

Ask away.
    enkffxisig-new-small

Other than "Laguna", what is the only other text given to a Moomba in the entire game?

I admit that as it's been so long since I played FFVIII, I have absolutely no idea. I keep having this image of a moomba saying a 'coo coo' sound, but that's probably not the right answer.

So I have idea what it could be.

Well it's insinuated that the Moomba asks you which floor you want a shortcut to be set on when in D-District Prison, but after checking the script I can't find any official text that is directed as coming from the Moomba itself. So maybe I was wrong.

Other text otherwise found in the actual script other than the term "Laguna" is "rrrrrgh!", when the Moomba poses when Zell, Quistis and Selphie get their weapons back, and when the Moombas help when finding squall, one of the Moombas say "srrr srr Laguna!".

Free go for anyone as I kinda buggered that one up!

I may as well ask a question if no one else wants it.

Apart from the mobile Gardens, and the Ragnarok and it's sister ships, what is another example of an aircraft/flying vehicle in FFVIII's world? (There are several examples which can be classified as a 'flying machine' that I'm aware of, but just give one if you'd like).

T-boards and those flying vessels the people in Galbadia Garden use in the opening FMV there are two I remember.

Katachi-Makoto-Kotowari Szczepan's Avatar
    Jetpack thing of Galbadia soldiers, the mobile seats and cars in Esthar.

Johnny got two that I remembered (the Galbadian paratroopers' jetpacks and t-boards), but I admit I completely forgot about the hovercars and seats in Esthar, so good catch Szczepan ).

I would have also accepted the Galbadian missiles as well, as they resemble jet aircraft more than missiles (they have wide wedge shaped bodies with long wings and literally fly above the ground rather than simply streaking towards whatever target they're fired at).

Anyway, either of you can have the question as you're both right.

What does Squall call himself (two adjectives) when talking to Rinoa in private on his way to Esthar on disc 3?

Okay Johnny, it's been over a month, and I don't think there's going to be any takers (I admit I can't remember what he says during that scene, other than saying 'this is like talking to a wall' to her), so I think you should wind this question up okay, otherwise this thread is doomed to obscurity.

Good point

Squall, talking to Rinoa in a coma, calls himself "an unfriendly, introverted guy".

Open question!

Since no one is keeping this thing going:

Why did Quistis want to meet Squall at the "secret area" in the Training Center?

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    To suck his dick.

Not quite. (although Squall's reaction can kind of be thought of in that way, in a manner of speaking).

Seriously though, she asks Squall to meet her there to inform him that she's been fired as a Garden Instructor, although she still remains a member of SeeD. She also basically pours her heart out to him, subtly revealing her feelings for him.

As is well known in any event, Squall rebuffs her by famously telling her to 'go talk to a wall', no doubt making thousands of dateless Japanese male players angry in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by IDX View Post
    To suck his dick.
    Lol. Indeed, Enkidoh, not quite q;

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Not quite. (although Squall's reaction can kind of be thought of in that way, in a manner of speaking).

Seriously though, she asks Squall to meet her there to inform him that she's been fired as a Garden Instructor, although she still remains a member of SeeD. She also basically pours her heart out to him, subtly revealing her feelings for him.

As is well known in any event, Squall rebuffs her by famously telling her to 'go talk to a wall', no doubt making thousands of dateless Japanese male players angry in the process.
    Exactly! I loved Squall's reaction to that XD

You're up! ^^

This should be a really easy question if you're familiar with earlier FF games:

What is the quickest way to defeat Gerogero (what President Deling's double devolves into), along with any other undead enemy in the game?

Lol! If I didn't know the answer to that one, I would not be worthy of my nickname!

Phoenix Down

As I cannot find the answer to this on the first page:
    Am I even allowed to answer right after? S:

No, your answer is right. You got it! Well done! ^^

It's an old trick that has been in the series almost since the beginning, in that curative items and spells harm undead (because they're classed as having a 'holy' effect). Hence a Phoenix Down (or Life/Raise spell), an item which is meant to revive from 'death', naturally, against an undead this would therefore have the opposite effect, and destroy it.

In fact, with the Zombie spell it opens this trick up with even enemies who aren't actually undead (namely, normal human enemies - a good battle in FFVIII for this is the second Biggs and Wedge battle in the D-District Prison - cast Zombie on them and when they try to heal themselves they just end up harming themselves instead).

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. You got it Phoe, so next question is yours.

Whoopwhoop! Sometimes, I found, life and/or phoenix down don't work though. Probably 'cause they find it too easy, but the cures/potions etc have never failed.

Woaahh that casting Zombie-tip is a new one for me! Never even thought of it! Never thought I'd be having this noob-ish realisation over something in FF8. WOAH! XP

Okaaayyy, back to the trivia;

How many tonberries do you have to annihilate before getting to Tonberry King? (I used to keep a tally q

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    Wasn't it 30?

Nopes o;