Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5090949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2728
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII Trivia

Squall says it when talking with the Mayor of FH about their non-violent viewpoint

Ultros' New Sidekick JohnnyMercyside's Avatar
    Correct, your turn.
    "You don't need a reason to help people."

Check out my DJ shows! [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

which spells (or spell families) are available to be DRAWN (not refined!) before the "Dollet" mission right at the start of the game?
    you must have ALL of them.

EDIT: Yes this is a hard one, yes take into account that creatures level up, and as a hint; there are 11 spells.

don't tease the octopus Meltigemini's Avatar
    Fire/Fira/Firaga
    Blizzard/Blizzara/Blizzaga
    Thunder/Thundara/Thundaga
    Cure/Cura/Curaga
    Scan
    Slow
    Stop
    Quake
    Water
    Sleep

I thought of Meltdown as well, but didn't put that as I'm pretty sure the enemies in the Fire Cavern don't level up.

EDIT: Just remembered the right answer for no. 11 - Esuna from the draw point in the library!

sorry i miscounted, theres actually 14

And I know the enemy I forgot, so the others must be Silence, Confuse and Berserk

you cant draw Quake. only one left

lol ok obvious this question was a little TOO hard; heres the list of the 14 spells.

Fire, Thunder, Blizzard, Water, Drain, Cure, Esuna, Scan, Sleep, Meltdown, Slow, Stop, Silence and Berserk.

I'll give this next question to Multigemini, he actually took a shot at it

I thought a high-level T-Rexaur had Quake. Hmm, anyway...

Name all of the enemies that you ever fight as Laguna.

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    According to Final Fantasy Wiki, high-level T-Rexaur does have Quake.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

I was just grinding on them, from lvl 30+ they only have Firaga and Thundaga, you must steal and refine Dino Bones to get Quake.

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Although the FF Wiki isn't always accurate though Agent, the official strategy guide indeed lists Quake under the T-Rexaur's spell list for level 30-100, so it's possible. But anyway.

Answering Meltigemini's question, Laguna can fight the following enemies in his various sections of the game:

Fungaar
    Geezard
    Esthar Soldier (both human and cyborg versions)
    Gesper
    Elastoid
    Caterchipillar
    Bite Bug
    Ruby Dragon
    GIM52A

I think that's all of them (but there might be one or two that I missed).
    enkffxisig-new-small

Looks good - I don't ever remember fighting any Galbadian robots as Laguna but the rest of the list is what I was looking for.

No problem, I think in hindsight I'd confused the GIM52A with the Estharian Gesper (they're both robots used by enemy soldiers), even though I'd also mentioned the Gesper anyway.

Anyway...

What is the trick to avoiding President Deling's guards while hijacking his carriage from his Presidential Train on disc 1? (the ones who appear at the windows of the carriage Squall and his party run across)

Stay still when the blue guard is there, move when the red guard is there. The former listens for sounds, the latter for temperature. I hope that's the right way round...

Onion Kid
    True or false: the Great Salt Lake dried up before Laguna reached Esthar.

You're only supposed to ask a question if you answer the previous question correctly first. You can't just jump in and post one.

Although Johnny's answer wasn't actually what I was looking for, in hindsight it is correct given I worded my question wrongly.

I meant to say what actually happens when you try to avoid the guards on the Presidential train, hoping someone would actually realize I'm being a smart ass and that it's a trick question.

Johnny's answer is what the Forest Owls tell you is the correct method for avoiding the guards, but in actuality, when you try doing that complex strategy, the guards on the train belatedly discover their supposedly hi-tech sensors aren't working! Meaning you can just run across the roof at your leisure regardless (I always ran across the roof anyway immediately, and always managed to reach the next screen before the guards had even appeared at the window so it's a moot point).

Anyway, I'm sorry for the confusion - you basically got it Johnny so it's your go.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Although Johnny's answer wasn't actually what I was looking for, in hindsight it is correct given I worded my question wrongly.

I meant to say what actually happens when you try to avoid the guards on the Presidential train, hoping someone would actually realize I'm being a smart ass and that it's a trick question.

Johnny's answer is what the Forest Owls tell you is the correct method for avoiding the guards, but in actuality, when you try doing that complex strategy, the guards on the train belatedly discover their supposedly hi-tech sensors aren't working! Meaning you can just run across the roof at your leisure regardless (I always ran across the roof anyway immediately, and always managed to reach the next screen before the guards had even appeared at the window so it's a moot point).

Anyway, I'm sorry for the confusion - you basically got it Johnny so it's your go.
    Hehe so the answer you wanted really was "nothing"

I never noticed it not working, I always tried to do what they suggested!

Anyways... my question...

There is one character in the ending FMV (the credits) that hasn't got a name. Where in-game do you meet this person and what is the relationship that they have to one or more of the characters? If that's too vague ask and I'll elaborate

I think you're referring to the 'Pigtailed-Girl', the Garden student who is smitten with Zell, and who appears in the ending sitting next to him lovestruck while he scoffs down hot dogs.

Other than that, I have no idea.

Nope, that's who I'm talking about, your turn

Enkidoh - you just taught me something - I never knew that either! I always just ran across that part myself, before they ever had time to actually activate anything. LOL. That might be fun to try sometime, just to see that. And just when you think you've discovered all the little secrets like that...

Hehe, the only reason I even knew about it in the first place was that it's mentioned in the Brady guide book, and that they even mention not to bother with the Forest Owls' strategy. But yeah, I normally just floored it myself anyway across there.

How much HP does the alien PuPu have when you encounter it at the end of the UFO quest, and what do you get for defeating it?

it has 10hp, regardless of level

two ways to defeat it; give it 5 elixirs - receive the 'PuPu' card / attack and defeat it - receive 'Jet Engine'

Yup, that's correct. (although the guide book states you get an Accelerator upon physically defeating PuPu rather than a Jet Engine, but I never killed it, instead completing the quest properly so I have no idea which is true - I'll still give you the next question anyway 7alentine ).

Anyway, your go.