Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Withope

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII Sound Effects?

Final Fantasy VIII Sound Effects?

I've been on teh mighty voyage across the seas of google; I've trekked through the forests of youtube; I've even been lured in by the sirens of dead links and I couldn't come up with my mighty treasure... these FFVIII sound effects!

Does anyone happen to know where I can find them (or at least the Limit Break sound effects)? It'd be greatly appreciated.
    xuu likes this.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Try [Hidden link. Register to see links.]'s website - if you scroll down the page there's a link to a program called 'FF8SND' which evidently is a FFVIII PC sound extractor for ripping the PC version's sound effect files. Naturally however you would require the PC version of FFVIII for this - I presume it wouldn't work with the PSX original.

Failing that, you could try also looking through the Forums there, as I know there is a small but dedicated group of FFVIII modders on that site, and who may have extracted FFVIII's sound files as well.
    enkffxisig-new-small

I've done a little searching around here, but I've come up unsuccessful.

I suppose the only option is to extract them myself... At least there is a program for that. Thank you

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    I have my pc game. If I remember correctly, it's all put in a folder when installed. Been a few years so I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by IDX View Post
    I have my pc game. If I remember correctly, it's all put in a folder when installed. Been a few years so I might be wrong.
    cool. if ya have the game installed, could ya look for me?

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    Quote Originally Posted by Withope View Post
    cool. if ya have the game installed, could ya look for me?
    I'll try to look for it but don't hold your breath lol. I can't even remember where I put the game.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Never mind, I just found it. I'll install it tomorrow because I'm going to bed but I could've sworn me playing a few in WMP (me and a buddy were going to make a little youtube cartoon series) and thought I could use a few of the environmental sounds such as running water and the birds chirping right after the opening movie when you start the game. So I'm pretty sure they're. I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by IDX View Post
    I'll try to look for it but don't hold your breath lol. I can't even remember where I put the game.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Never mind, I just found it. I'll install it tomorrow because I'm going to bed but I could've sworn me playing a few in WMP (me and a buddy were going to make a little youtube cartoon series) and thought I could use a few of the environmental sounds such as running water and the birds chirping right after the opening movie when you start the game. So I'm pretty sure they're. I'll let you know.
    Thank you toooooooons!

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0

Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but this is what installed.

Thank you for getting that.

Now I just need to find the Limit Break SFX isolated from the battle music. I might have to get that game, and I extract them using that program.

EDIT:
    Thank you IDX & Enkidoh. I was able to successfully extract the needed sound effects from the game

Here is a handful of SFX from FFVIII in case someone else can't find them.

Also, a rare SFX:

capture card...plug it into you're tv, record ff8 gameplay, then just save everything to you're computer. then you can cut out video and sound untill u got what u need

Quote Originally Posted by FF7genie View Post
    capture card...plug it into you're tv, record ff8 gameplay, then just save everything to you're computer. then you can cut out video and sound untill u got what u need
    Yeah, and you won't get the raw effect. As in the music would be playing under it and it would sound like shit.

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    I'm afraid the link to that rare SFX doesn't work .

Onion Kid
    I've been looking for these sounds as well. I installed FFVIII for PC and tried looking for the sounds and couldn't access them from the install.

Also, I was really surprised and annoyed that the music was in MIDI. Tch, i'll stick with the PSX version.

I'm looking for the sound effects such as the sounds you hear when walking through a save point or opening an automatic sliding door or the announcement bell you hear when someone is giving a message to all of Balamb Garden.

the foot step sound is one of my favorite sound effects ever.