Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth. A comprehensive rebalance for both PC and PSOne versions

You've made yourself pretty clear when you've said this two things:

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
    I can understand why people want to do things like this, but really, the game is over a decade old now, time to move on. All this time and effort put into a labor like this, could be directed elsewhere to make either another game or whatever.
    Enkidoh suggested something & you've hooked.

This kind of attitude is what pisses me off:
    However, why don't we send a email of this to SE and see what they think, because I can guarantee that SE will put this to rest pdq.
    You're just trying so hard to find reasons to say why this mod shouldn't be released, just because you hate the Idea of pepole developing/releasing a mod for FFVII.
    Your so called opinion is just a smoke curtain for what your really think about this.
    That's why I don't like it.
    V for Valhalla

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    What pisses me off, is when a person is being crucified for having an opinion of their own, and when others don't like it, they come spewing out of the woodwork to attack.

Yes, the game is over a decade old. Get over it and move on. The last quote of mine you used, was typed in jest, however if you couldn't see that it was a joke w/e. The reasons I stated are not because I "hate the Idea of pepole developing/releasing a mod for FFVII." What I hate, are the masses who continue to rave about this game being the greatest ever made, when it wasn't. It has it's faults as all games do and is no where near being the 'perfect game' everyone THINKS it is, as there is no game at present which is unilaterally the penultimate perfection of a game. Perfection only exists in the mind of the beholder, in short what one person considers to be perfect, often is NOT perfect for another person.

A 'smoke curtain' for what I think about this? I just think it's a waste of time and effort doing this, for a game which has come and gone. Move on to other things instead of remaining in the past.

You don't like it? Meh, that's your choice. I'm not going to change my opinion/view for you or anyone else.

EDIT: Oh btw... this isn't just because of Enkidoh's post. This is my opinion/view, or is it inconceivable to believe that there's more than one person who thinks this is a bad idea?

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I'm saying to change anything, I've just wanted you to come clean & you did. =D

Meh, whatever floats your boat.

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    You obviously didn't read my post. I said "When you purchase a game/music/whatever,", meaning different forms of media, of which Games and Music both come under that category. Yes I have heard of remixes, sampling etc. I refer again to my post "There are certain restrictions under that license as to what you can do with it. However the media can not be altered from it's original form, unless given express permission by the owner/creator of said media (There are some exceptions to that rule of course)."

Please learn to read a post fully.
    I did read your post fully. As for your bullshit "expressed permission" line, I can give many examples off the top of my head for uses of media altered without permission given. Why can they be used? Oh right, there is no personal gain for the one who modified it. Stop being a tool just because you're miserable and don't like FFVII.

You really shouldn't talk about yourself like that... what with your obvious lack of self esteem and vain attempts to insult someone. If you were sitting next to me, I'd tussle your hair and tell you what a good boy you are for trying your hardest.
    Cute, but falls short.

At least I got off the starter's block, unlike yourself.
    Wasn't talking about you. But I guess your ability to think beyond what is presented in front of you is somewhat... lacking. That's okay, they still offer bicycle helmets at your local sporting goods store. Make sure your handler takes you so you don't make a mess with the power saws.

Yes, the game is over a decade old. Get over it and move on. The last quote of mine you used, was typed in jest, however if you couldn't see that it was a joke w/e. The reasons I stated are not because I "hate the Idea of pepole developing/releasing a mod for FFVII." What I hate, are the masses who continue to rave about this game being the greatest ever made, when it wasn't. It has it's faults as all games do and is no where near being the 'perfect game' everyone THINKS it is, as there is no game at present which is unilaterally the penultimate perfection of a game. Perfection only exists in the mind of the beholder, in short what one person considers to be perfect, often is NOT perfect for another person.
    Absolutely! I agree in spades! I think vanilla FF7 is dogged with design flaws, unbalanced mechanics, insipid, spam-tastic battles and squanders its real asset, the materia system, by introducing 'press O to win' methods like KotR, QuadCut and Omnislash before making blue materia (and hence, interest combos) abundant. I think the enemies of vanilla FF7 all play exactly the same. I think they act in indistinguishable ways; I think there's little reason to choose characters aside from Limit Breaks, I think the player is rarely prompted to think carefully about their weapon and armour outlay.

I agreed so much, in fact, that I resolved to create a patch that identified and fixed these flaws. There's scope for a fun RPG here, far more fun than the 'push forwards to win' monotony of the most recent FFs, or the stagnation of today's JRPGs, though that's not a very popular opinion right now.

But at any rate, you don't have to be convinced. So long as you've honestly considered the proposition, and genuinely decided you wouldn't enjoy it, that's enough for me. In fact, I appreciate your sincerity.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Man, people in this thread have been real asses, yeah?

For me FF7 was overall a failure when compared to FF6.
    It was a real letdown in both story, music, game play, and character development.
    :/

Quote Originally Posted by execrable gumwrapper View Post
    I did read your post fully. As for your bullshit "expressed permission" line, I can give many examples off the top of my head for uses of media altered without permission given. Why can they be used? Oh right, there is no personal gain for the one who modified it. Stop being a tool just because you're miserable and don't like FFVII.
    True there is no personal gain for the modifier, it is still against copyright laws. The main reason why they haven't been prosecuted can be attributed to multiple reasons such as the company doesn't really give a shit, they like the mod, or the loopholes in many countries copyright laws (mainly this one I imagine). True I don't like FFVII, but I don't hate it. I hate what it's become.

Cute, but falls short.
    Just like your own life eh?

Wasn't talking about you. But I guess your ability to think beyond what is presented in front of you is somewhat... lacking. That's okay, they still offer bicycle helmets at your local sporting goods store. Make sure your handler takes you so you don't make a mess with the power saws.
    Oho, it is to laugh. You're not trying anymore are you swami? I mean, is that the best you can do. Go back and get a education.

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo_Beta View Post
    Absolutely! I agree in spades! I think vanilla FF7 is dogged with design flaws, unbalanced mechanics, insipid, spam-tastic battles and squanders its real asset, the materia system, by introducing 'press O to win' methods like KotR, QuadCut and Omnislash before making blue materia (and hence, interest combos) abundant. I think the enemies of vanilla FF7 all play exactly the same. I think they act in indistinguishable ways; I think there's little reason to choose characters aside from Limit Breaks, I think the player is rarely prompted to think carefully about their weapon and armour outlay.
    'Press O to win'? IIRC, that was only for the summons in FFVIII not FFVII, and the buttons were used for certain limit breaks (Squall's Renzokuken for example). The Materia system can be juggled around to make some fantastic combinations (I made one which killed a Zombie Dragon before the combo was even halfway through), and as for little reason for the choice of characters, some were more effective than others given the situation (Vincent and Barret were the ideal choices for flying enemies etc). I do agree that the weapon/armour outlays were rather limiting, in that only the weapon changed while the armor (bangles or whatnot) didn't change the character's overall appearance which could probably be attributed to lack of power etc in the PSX.

I agreed so much, in fact, that I resolved to create a patch that identified and fixed these flaws. There's scope for a fun RPG here, far more fun than the 'push forwards to win' monotony of the most recent FFs, or the stagnation of today's JRPGs, though that's not a very popular opinion right now.
    Now THAT I agree wholeheartedly with. JRPG's nowadays aren't as good as they used to be, take a look at some of SE's recent forays. The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery etc... lacklustre titles, which had numerous references to the FF series (there are areas in The Last Remnant named from FF titles). It could because I'm older now, or the target audience for the majority of JRPG's now is set for the 'tween' market (Late teens - early twenties), but I do feel as if the whole JRPG scene hasn't caught up with the times. However, this isn't the right subforum to discuss that in.

But at any rate, you don't have to be convinced. So long as you've honestly considered the proposition, and genuinely decided you wouldn't enjoy it, that's enough for me. In fact, I appreciate your sincerity.
    Just offering a opinion from another aspect, which doesn't think that FFVII is the greatest ever.

Quote Originally Posted by tanis_lionheart View Post
    Man, people in this thread have been real asses, yeah?

For me FF7 was overall a failure when compared to FF6.
    It was a real letdown in both story, music, game play, and character development.
    :/
    I do agree, but then I'm predisposed towards the SNES generation more so than others.

FFVII was a great game in it's time, and I would love to see it updated, HOWEVER, that is not in my list of 25 things to see before I die. If it happens, and it looks good, I may try adding it to my PC installation.

Copyright law, itself, however, is a sticky wicket. You never know what is going to happen when you mod a game. The company may ignore it, as litigation will give it undue publicity, and hope it dies, or they may enjoy it enough to incorporate the ideas in the next version.
    Just make sure all your bases are covered. I doubt they would do any more than a cease and desist in any case.

As for some of the people responding in this thread.. More than a few responses have been juvenile. If you wish to join an adult conversation with real adults, learn to differentiate real life with your fantasies and learn what an "opinion" is. You don't have to share them, but respect them nonetheless. You expose your lack of maturity with every statement of moron and "You are a stupid." This is tipping the edge of trolling.

Just a thought, and it counts as much as any others here do.
    Cat

If you want a FANTASTIC (IMO) JRPG, go play Persona 3:FES or Persona 4 or most any SMT game from Atlus.

^_^

Quote Originally Posted by tanis_lionheart View Post
    If you want a FANTASTIC (IMO) JRPG, go play Persona 3:FES or Persona 4 or most any SMT game from Atlus.
    The fucking PS2 got wrecked, I can't keep playing them... DAMN!

I couldn't even try P3 or P4.

Quote Originally Posted by topopoz View Post
    The fucking PS2 got wrecked, I can't keep playing them... DAMN!

I couldn't even try P3 or P4.
    1) Buy a PS2
    2) Go out to ps3iso.com (w/Firefox+AddBlock+NoScript).
    3) Hack It
    4) Buy DVD-Rs
    5) Buy any and all Atlus games (except Rule of Rose - unless you're into gothic loli retardation.
    6) ????
    7) Profit!

Also, a port of P3 is now on the PSP with some added stuff and a fixed battle system.

Goren
    Why you trying to steal people? You should know better... You're a moderator there. :/

i mean c'mon guys. at least Yojimbo_Beta is actually trying his hardest to bring us something to look forward to with this demo disc right? give the guy a little credit not everyone can have their own way when it comes to copyright infringement excuses right? a modification is adding something extra to an existing game like for example Baldur's Gate Trilogy adds areas from Baldur's Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast to Baldur's Gate II to really add more gameplay time to your Baldur';s Gate II Install. so it's not really in a way copyright infringing or anything. with this Final Fantasy VII PSX Demo Disc Tojimbo_Beta has put out, that's something to look forward to when he completes that project sometime in the future. c'mon guys, can we all settle down on this at least a bit?

EDIT: just one question though Yojimo_Beta is the PSX Demo Disc you put out supposed to be Italiano?

2 Year old Thread.

Here in the Shrine Necro a Thread is kinda forbidden.

Also, Yojimbo hasn't posted anything since then.

Follow him at Moddb or at his Youtube Channel.

what name does he go byh on YouTube but would you a clue?

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Topo you stole my thunder... thief.

Seriously though, Topo is right. This thread is old and done with (and wasn't even on the first page), and the original poster hasn't returned in that time, hence it was pointless reviving this.

In future TrueLugia, if it's been more than a month or so since the last post was made and the thread was not on the first page, don't post in it! As a mod there are times when I let a revived thread pass, but it depends on how old the thread really is - ancient ones I tend to send back to their digital grave, but it depends on my mood however.
    enkffxisig-new-small

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12