Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVII Trivia HARDCORE MODE!

Shriner
    its a hyper, baby

used to nab it to increase limit on cloud early in the game.

Yea I always have hypers on every character

Your question.

An hyper.
    Compilations I've posted at FF Shrine Forum :
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.],..., [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.] , [Hidden link. Register to see links.],[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Huge "Compilation" [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

ok, I give up, problem with easy questions.

Do you read other posts before yours? The question was answered a couple hours before you posted, just be sure to check. And so what if it's an easy question, it's possible to miss that item, so I asked it.

You don't have to participate if you don't want to.

Shriner
    The hardest questions are those quote ones like.. wat is rufus shinra's first words of the game? That is not the question by the way because i have no idea.

here is a question which may seem pretty simple but here it is either way.

What is the strongest magic in the game?

And when i say magic i do not mean Super NOVA or Knights, just ur everyday green materia.

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Well, technically it's meant to be Ultima materia, although personally I found Comet materia to be more destructive. Maybe I just needed to raise my spirit or something.

But I'm pretty sure the developers planned Ultima to be the 'ultimate magic' in the game.
    enkffxisig-new-small

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    Strongest in what way? Healing, defense or attack?

Because I'd wager that Shield is the strongest.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I presumed he means Black Magic, not White, seeing as he mentioned Knights of the Round Table and Supernova (the later of which is not an actual spell the player can use), in which case my answer is correct.

If he is meaning White Magic though, Full Cure would probably be the most powerful, although Shield does appear on the surface useful, in game I found it to be quite weak actually (supposedly it grants you the 'Peerless' effect, the same effect that Aeris's Great Gospel Limit Break gives, but it doesn't actually work the same, apparently only increasing your defense). Making the spell rather a letdown.

But I digress...

I came, I saw, I levelled up. FF1WithAllThieves's Avatar
    Yeah, I never used Shield; I always just mastered it a couple times to get the Master Magic materia.
    Johannes Brahms is God.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    If cheema201 meant Green attack materia, I refer to the following:

Ultima can do roughly 7000 damage per use. Comet. With it's second tier spell, Comet 2, 4 meteors hit the target, each hit can do up to 2500 damage, for a total of 8000-10,000 damage as the damage is calculated individually and not collectively. Death Materia with the spell Death kills all enemies instantly, though not 100% effective all the time though. The Exit Materia, second level, Remove can remove all enemies, effectively ending the battle straight away (Not effective on some monsters or bosses though).

If cheema201 meant Green support materia, I refer to the following:

Shield protects one character from all physical damage and absorbs all typed magic as HP (Of course, not Type-less magic). Revive materia in it's second spell of Life 2 restores a KO'd character with full HP.

So for Green attack materia I go with the Comet Materia spell Comet 2, and if for Green support materia I say Shield materia.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

Shriner
    Ok let me re-phrase the question..

What is the strongest attacking magic in the game? not including comet 2 which is a multi hit magic.. Also Death and Remove deal with the enemies status, even though technically they are attacking they have no real attack power.

Which green materia magic move will deal the most damage for you?

Quote Originally Posted by cheema201 View Post
    Ok let me re-phrase the question..

What is the strongest attacking magic in the game? not including comet 2 which is a multi hit magic.. Also Death and Remove deal with the enemies status, even though technically they are attacking they have no real attack power.

Which green materia magic move will deal the most damage for you?
    Since you refined the question, either Ultima (which can do 6000-7000 damage, depending on what other materia you have linked) or the spell Flare from the Contain materia (which can do the equivalent amount of damage.).

Shriner
    Ultima OR Flare?

I think it only fair that you choose one answer.

Ultima. As it deal typeless damage, it's damage output won't be offset due to a enemies resistance to a particular element, whereas Flare can have it's damage output reduced depending on the enemies overall defense against the Fire element.

As that both Ultima and Flare can do the same amount of damage on enemies which have no defense against Fire element, both are applicable.

For the purpose of this trivia, I say Ultima.

Shriner
    The element should have nothing to do with it.. simply attack power.. Because what about enemies that are weak to fire?

Quote Originally Posted by cheema201 View Post
    The element should have nothing to do with it.. simply attack power.. Because what about enemies that are weak to fire?
    The damage quotient between both spells is pretty much equal, the elemental resistance would negate only a small amount of damage potential from the target, and would increase fractionally on those who are weak to the Fire element.

I still say Ultima for the sole reason, as it's type less damage there is no modifier (Elemental etc) to either reduce or increase it's damage potential, while for all Elemental spells, they do have the elemental modifier to take into account.

In any event, isn't it time you reveal the answer for this question?

Shriner
    So your answer is Ultima?

Ultima is incorrect.

In the event that it was correct I would have said so after Enkidoh mentioned it

I say again:

In any event, isn't it time you reveal the answer for this question?

There have been numerous guesses and you have shot them all down, so I think it's fair you reveal the answer and 'enlighten' us.

Well, of all the normal attack magic spells, only Ultima is 'typeless', every other destructive spell (not including the Exit spells which do not actually do damage) follows a certain elemental alignment, even if it's not actually noticeable.

Following that idea, I'm probably going to say Demi III (the final spell on the Gravity materia) then, even though that is 'gravity elemental' and tends to miss more often than it should (a surprising amount of enemies are immune to it).

Failing that, I have no idea.

Shriner
    Flare is the correct answer. Not by a long shot, but definately stronger than Ultima as far as attack power goes. The fact that it has an element is not really a big deal. makes it stronger against some enemies and weaker against others, however it is definately stronger than Ultima. Tornado and Ultima are equal in attack strength but Tornado has a wind element, and can cause confusion! Making tornado better than Ultima in situations against flying enemies.

Attack strength of three magics mentioned:
    Ultima = 105 (no element)
    Tornado = 105 (Wind element, can cause confusion)
    Flare = 115 (Fire element)

Either way at least you gave Flare a mention.

Your question Death's Hand

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Well, of all the normal attack magic spells, only Ultima is 'typeless', every other destructive spell (not including the Exit spells which do not actually do damage) follows a certain elemental alignment, even if it's not actually noticeable.

Following that idea, I'm probably going to say Demi III (the final spell on the Gravity materia) then, even though that is 'gravity elemental' and tends to miss more often than it should (a surprising amount of enemies are immune to it).

Failing that, I have no idea.
    Most enemies are immune to Demi but surprisingly Emerald Weapon (who some would say is the hardest boss in the game) is not immune and Demi 3 will blast him for 9999 without fail

This is a long question, broken into four parts. Correct answer must answer all four parts.

The main cast (not including Vincent, Yuffie or Cait Sith), can steal weapons from certain non boss enemies. Most of these characters have one weapon they can steal from the enemy (for example, Cloud can steal a Hardedge from Soldier 3rd in the Shinra Building), however there is one who can steal two different weapons from two different enemies.

First Part
    Name the character.

Second Part
    The two weapons stolen.

Third Part
    The enemies you can steal them from.

Fourth Part
    The general area where the enemies can be found.

Shriner
    great question..

stealing weapons for characters is an amazing part of the game. you can nab some powerful weapons long before you can actually buy them.

You can definately steal two weapons for barret. atomic scissors and w machine gun.

atomic scissors was kinda annoying as it was not long range, you can steal it from the enemies that use matra magic just outside midgar. no idea what they are called, but they use an ability called w machine gun, which is kinda funny as you can steal the weapon w machine gun off the same type of monster which is stronger, i believe you fight it in junon where the soldiers are training (at least i think thats the one). you have to set off the alarm to get them to come out and fight, but a great place to level up early in the game, especially if you managed to get beta from midgar zolom (if you bothered fighting it) when you go through the marshes. anyways that is off the topic

I think thats what you were looking for.. The other weapons i remember stealing are:
    1. striking staff for aeris which is in midgar with a horse looking creature.
    2. grand glove (or something) for tifa, in the place just after you find the midgar zolom smashed by sephiroth from a monster swining a metal ball above his head.
    3. boomerang for yuffie in the forest near fort condor, the monster is a blueish purple flying monster.

you already mentioned hardedge. thats all i can really remember, I could be mistaken about a few of these, it has been a while since i played through the game.

cheema201, you're partially correct so far. The first, second and fourth part's of the question are correct, just need the third part now.

First Part
    Barret Wallace

Second Part
    Atomic Scissors and W Machine Gun

Third Part
    The enemies you can steal them from.

Fourth Part
    Area outside Midgar and in Junon.

Whoever gets the third part, the Name of the enemies these weapons are stolen from, gets to ask the next question.