Page 1 of 42 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVII Trivia HARDCORE MODE!

FFVII Trivia HARDCORE MODE!

Thought I'd start this up again, but with a slight twist! Only the MOST DIFFICULT questions can be posted in this thread!

I will start, setting the bar!

There is 1 and only 1 area where you can fight the enemy 'Tonberry', where is it and how much hp does it have?

Quote Originally Posted by 7alentine View Post
    There is 1 and only 1 area where you can fight the enemy 'Tonberry', where is it and how much hp does it have?
    I think it's in the northern crater the first time you visit it before cloud gives him the black materia, in the part of the whirlwind maze, but you can't fight it there since the game is incomplete, you can only encounter it on the gold saucer and it has 15000 HP.
    V for Valhalla

During the game , you can find "small shinra soldiers item ".
    What's the point of them, and how you can collect them all.
    That was the only big question for me.
    Compilations I've posted at FF Shrine Forum :
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.],..., [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.] , [Hidden link. Register to see links.],[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Huge "Compilation" [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by technosux View Post
    During the game , you can find "small shinra soldiers item ".
    What's the point of them, and how you can collect them all.
    That was the only big question for me.
    If you are referring to the '1/35 Soldier' item, there are plenty of rumor's about what they are for.

Taken from [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

5. 1/35 Soldier Ornaments
    It is alleged if you collect twelve 1/35 soldiers and buy the house at Costa Del Sol, you can display these soldiers on a window sill as house ornaments.

6. 1/35 Soldier Bonus
    If you obtain twelve 1/35 soldiers and play the strategy game at Fort Condor, you will receive an extra soldier unit to use.
    There was a rumor that if you collected all 12 of them, and have a mythril bar, take it to the person who you get Aeris's 'Great Gospel' limit break from, he will take the items and tell you to come back later. When you do, he has a clone of Sephiroth there, dressed in white, who then decides to join you.

Those three are examples of BS rumors which have been debunked as false and do not exist/are not true. But to answer your question technosux:

Taken from the Versus Books 'The Completely Unauthorised Final Fantasy VII Ultimate Guide' by Casey Loe

1/35 Soldier

This item has absolutely no use. (Note that you cannot complete the whole "set of 12").

Find: Junon (x2)
    Win: Gold Saucer Shooting Coaster
    Buy: N/A
    Sell: 25gil

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I always found useless items frustrating, and in the case of FFVII, this is worse, because it let you think that you can collect 12 items.
    I've replayed once the game, and was hoping to collect them all without luck.

I came, I saw, I levelled up. FF1WithAllThieves's Avatar
    Numerical answers, such as the amount of hp an enemy has, should be disallowed. It's an incredibly cheap way to come up with a difficult question, and the only way you find that out, really, is to read it in a guide or use sense, and who ever does that?
    Johannes Brahms is God.

Well, there's a "relatively" hard question , is a about how to remove the countdown of Emerald Weapon. Seriously, without reading a guide, I think it's almost impossible to find the solution. There's absolutely no hint in the game, that would help for that.

When I fought Emerald Weapon (I played FFVII a few months ago, due to utter boredom in FFXI and other Xbox 360 games), I didn't use the Underwater Materia at all. Couldn't be bothered to go get it.

iirc... had Knights of the Round, W-Summon on one character (Cloud) and had Vincent and Red XIII with Mimic materia (Mastered). 6 shots of Knights of the Round... rinse and repeat.

@Xiahou Dun
    I didn't use the Underwater Materia at all. Couldn't be bothered to go get it.
    Getting the Underwater Materia isn't annoying, nor that hard at all; it's just that probability to get it is near zero, if you don't already know the solution.

6 shots of Knights of the Round... rinse and repeat.
    I remind how this KOR was boring .... I try to vary each attack, I don't like to repeat endlessly same action.
    In comparison, in FFX you have the option , to make shorter invocations.

Getting the Underwater Materia isn't annoying, nor that hard at all; it's just that probability to get it is near zero, if you don't already know the solution.
    True, but it's not a necessarily needed item to fight Emerald Weapon though. It's sole purpose is to get rid of the thirty minute timer in that one battle. I'd rather have a HP Plus or MP Plus or any other Command materia etc in that slot, instead of a materia which isn't needed.

I remind how this KOR was boring .... I try to vary each attack, I don't like to repeat endlessly same action.
    I don't use the 'KotR + W-Summon + Mimic (mastered) x2' strategy on every boss/fight. Against Emerald weapon you have to inflict as much damage as possible within a relatively short period of time. Granted KotR can be rather boring and monotonous to sit through... again... and again... and again. I found that for that one fight against Emerald weapon, who probably has around 1,000,000 HP, that the strategy I used was effective against it and did beat it within the time limit, with time to spare.

In comparison, in FFX you have the option , to make shorter invocations.
    A valid point sure, as KotR as well as Eden (FFVIII) do have a horrendously long 'summon' time and being able to 'skip' the animation does speed things up. Still... remember FFVII is older than FFX by a good amount of time. I suppose SE didn't think of adding the ability to 'skip' the animation time for Summon monsters in earlier FF's until the PS2 generation.

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Actually,from all the information I've read, Emerald Weapon has around 800 000 HP. Ruby Weapon is the one with 1 million HP. And Emerald's timer is only 20 minutes, not 30.

They're still mind-numbing to fight though either way, although that's their whole reason for existence - to challenge players who have accomplished everything else in the game.

Anyway, here's a question that's sure to stump most players:

What is the only time and place in the game where you can gain the item Vagyrisk Claw, and what enemy drops it?
    enkffxisig-new-small

There are two times, both are at Fort Condor if you allow the enemy to breach the defences you initiate a battle with CMD Grand Horn, who you steal said item from.

Do you know how to get unlimited ether for free ?

There's two ways, there's a cave in the Great Glacier with an Ether. You pick up the Ether then while the -Received 'Ether'- caption is still up, leave and re-enter the cave and the Ether will still be there.

The other way is, of course, the W-Item cheat.

Hum , I think there's a better way.
    Just use morph on the beachplugs near costa del sol.
    You'll win in fact "turbo ether". That's pretty easy, and there's no cheating.

then thats a bad question... you should have asked something like "What is the weakest monster you can morph for a Turbo Ether" or something, what you asked was a very opinion-based question, no offence.

I didn't mention "morph", nor "turbo ether", because question would have been too easy.
    Now try to reformulate my question without mentioning both.

Anyways, knowing that, was useful for me during the game.

There are two options when you first meet Aeris, one is "You're the flower girl." (or something with her selling flowers).

What is the other option you can choose?

And come on, no replaying the first couple of hours to find out!

The other one is "You're the Slum Drunk"

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Actually, it's not the first time you 'meet' Aeris - she's shown in the very first seconds of the opening movie after all.

Not to mention Cloud also encounters her in the street in Sector 8 after the bombing of the Number 1 Reactor (where he can buy a flower from her or ignore her).

So that question isn't accurate, if we're being literal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Actually, it's not the first time you 'meet' Aeris - she's shown in the very first seconds of the opening movie after all.

Not to mention Cloud also encounters her in the street in Sector 8 after the bombing of the Number 1 Reactor (where he can buy a flower from her or ignore her).

So that question isn't accurate, if we're being literal here.
    i wouldn't say you exactly "meet" her in the opening movie. I do however agree about meeting her on the street in sector 8 because that was a meeting of sorts and they talked, even if only for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    i wouldn't say you exactly "meet" her in the opening movie. I do however agree about meeting her on the street in sector 8 because that was a meeting of sorts and they talked, even if only for a few seconds.
    yes but you dont meet 'Aerith' / 'Aeris' there, you meet 'Flower Girl', she introduces herself after Cloud crashes through the roof and then when asked if you remember her there are two options;

"You're the girl selling flowers..."
    -> "You're the slum drunk..." (select for lolz)

Well, an other question:
    how do you get back to midgar on disc 2 or 3.
    Anything special, you find when going back at aerith home ?
    Any new items you could find , when going back to the town ?
    Could you get back to the shinra thing ? (mako reactor, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    )
    Yea sorry, I meant when you first learn her name in the church, as that's the first meaningful conversation with her IMO.

Well, an other question:
    how do you get back to midgar on disc 2 or 3.
    Anything special, you find when going back at aerith home ?
    Any new items you could find , when going back to the town ?
    Could you get back to the shinra thing ? (mako reactor, I think).
    You can get back to Midgar by either advancing the storyline or by digging up a Sector.....5? key that would let you back in. And there are always new items when a storyline expands, its the RPG way!

Dig up the Sector 5 Key at Bone Village, then enter through the slums.
    As long as you dont move, you see Aerith's ghost tending to the flowers.
    You get Tifa's ultimate weapon 'Premium Heart' from the Item shop, and a 'Sneak Glove' from the weapons shop.
    No, you can not return to the mako reactor.

Page 1 of 42 123456711 ... LastLast