Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I take it FFV and FFVI won't be getting DS remakes?

Remakes usually end up not living up to the expectations of someone who played the original anyway. It's just a whole different game.

The only 2 games that come to mind being remakes but actually turning out good are Metroid Zero Mission and Super Castlevania IV.

Was Super Castlevania IV a remake of something?

Also how about we don't remake FF6 at all and enjoy the terrific original?

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Is a remake of the Original NES Castlevania.
    V for Valhalla

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Yes, as topopoz said, it's meant to be a remake of the original Castlevania for the NES, but it's only taking the plot and the main character (Simon), the rest is pretty much all new.

Also how about we don't remake FF6 at all and enjoy the terrific original?
    I concur.

I hate that VI always gets looked over for anything that comes up. I'm currently playing through the FFIV DS remake, and it's a lot of fun! VI has always been my favorite game though, and I'd love to see it in 3D with voice acting and a few loose ends tied up. They'd be able to go into so much depth that wasn't possible back in the SNES days. There's just so much to the story.

CC
    They said they were going to be implementing I think at least 90% of lost script from the original into the GBA port, and that didn't happen; it's no different, although they did change a few lines that I thought were perfect in the original. I'm finding myself believing less and less of Square's promises these days.

According to Wikipedia on FFV:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

And on FFVI:

I just bought a DS(XL)...I'd wait years before buying a 3Ds. My best bet would be to ask to play a sample of it at Best Buy and just never leave.

CC
    But then the movie theater would be deprived of my presence :O

DS remakes? XD Well, maybe for V. VI is too good for the DS. For VI I would go for the PSP. ;DD

(I'm VERY Picky.)
    I'm called Ember-Chan because Ember was taken.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Ember-Chan View Post
    DS remakes? XD Well, maybe for V. VI is too good for the DS. For VI I would go for the PSP. ;DD

(I'm VERY Picky.)
    Rumors have been circulating that V and VI will be getting 3DS remakes. Does that meet your discerning tastes?

master pokemon coordinator Dawn~Berlitz's Avatar
    i will be mad if they put it on the PS3 cause i cant even afford that console and i have a DS

CC

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post

the title makes it seem like the games are already in development but delayed.
    VERY misleading
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    because if life is a bitch, im gonna make her MY BITCH
    i now legally posess a phd in zombies.

on february 23, 1987, two things happened: the first documentable supernova visible with the human eye, and my birth. in other words, i was blessed by the universe itself. not many can say that

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    VI doesn't need to have ANYTHING changed. Rescripting for Advance was bad enough
    That's right, now when can I go give square money for a ds version >.<

CC
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKUSHO View Post
    the title makes it seem like the games are already in development but delayed.
    VERY misleading
    Agreed, but at least the team is planning the project! I'm psyched; I hope FFV gets a little story revamping, because as of now my problem with it (having only played the GBA version) is the lack of story depth, and the constant jokes it makes about itself. It feels more like a parody of itself than a serious FF game, although I do still love it for other reasons; it's got plenty of good things to keep me coming back and continuing (which reminds me, I need to start playing it again one of these days because I got about seventeen hours in last time and just quit playing for no apparent reason. . . .).

Onion Kid
    i still remember a rumor about FFV for DS, but nothing happened...

Quote Originally Posted by akidnamededdy View Post
    Rumors have been circulating that V and VI will be getting 3DS remakes. Does that meet your discerning tastes?
    Yeah. It might give me a reason to get the 3DS, along with Kingdom Hearts 3D. ;D

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Or instead of complaining about no DS remake for FFV or VI... either play them on emulator; the PSX remake versions; or (if you can find them) the original SNES copies (which shouldn't be too hard to find. Try Ebay.).

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

except final fantasy 5 was not released outside japan back THEN.
    and the psx versions are PORTS.

Meh port, remake... mere semantics.

True FFV wasn't available outside Japan on the Super Famicom... doesn't mean you can't get it still. I got a copy of FFV for the Super Famicom in my collection... course, I can't understand one word of it lol

CC
    Port and remake are vastly different!!! VASTLY!!! A remake is a restart . . . from the ground up! A port is the source material just reformatted to a smaller or larger scale! You must learn these things, young grasshoppah.

I despise remakes. They never stand up to the original and more often than not fall flat on their face. They also cause some people to start dictating how the 'original' game was when they never even played it, but the poor remake. Remakes are never as good as the original and never will be.

CC
    I can see what you mean, but I will forever stand by the opinion that Final Fantasy III is far superior in full 3-d on the DS, with actual backstory behind its characters as opposed to nameless Onion Knights (and why the hell couldn't they transfer that idea into Dissidia?!). But I agree whole-heartedly with you on the subject of the FFIV remake. It's a great game, but the original and GBA versions are a whole different beast. Other than that, I honestly don't even touch most remakes for similar reasons. I guess FFIII and FFIV are exceptions because a.) FFIII was never available in the US and b.) I GET TO HEAR MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS AND SEE THEM COME TO LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
    I despise remakes. They never stand up to the original and more often than not fall flat on their face. They also cause some people to start dictating how the 'original' game was when they never even played it, but the poor remake. Remakes are never as good as the original and never will be.

resident evil on gamecube says "hi and fuck you"

CC
    OMG YES! YES!!! I forgot to mention that! Yes, the RE remake on GC is as superior to its predecessor as something can possibly be. I find myself laughing at the original now. Even by the standards of today's increasingly realistic graphics, the GC RE remake still stands proudly above almost all competition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast