So I've been meaning to go and play all the Classic FFs. I decided to start with this one because what I read about it just made it sound the coolest.
I chose Advance because I heard it had a much better script than the SNES/PSX version. I had to use an Emulator though because my eyesight is way too bad to actually play it on the GBA.
Just thought I'd post a topic on my comments and observations so far...
I've just left Baron in the airship to go and get the Earth Crystal.
1. My favorite characters to use have been Cecil, Yang, Rydia and Porom. Least favorie are definitely Edward and Tellah. Edward's stats sucked and he had no good skills. Plus he made me waste all my Potions by accident when I used his lame Heal ability.
And Tellah? Do the words "glass cannon" mean anything to you? This guy died more than the rest of my characters combined.
2. I know some prefer Dark Knight Cecil but Paladin Cecil is way better in my book. He's still a great attacker, even better I think, plus now he comes with healing magic. Plus..he's prettier. XD
3. The game is going to great lengths to make me think my past party members are dead when I'm positive they're not. I mean if Rydia was dead why would I have gotten an item to give her a new abiliy after defeating an enemy you only encounter after she died?
4. Other than that the story is pretty good. Lots of things I want to find out about as time goes on like why the mysterious light in Mt. Ordeals called Cecil "son", Among other plot points.
5. So far Baigan has been the hardest boss. His Reflect made it so I couldn't attack him with spells and he did KO my party members a few times. Talk about a shame when the boss immediately after him is so weak.
So yeah those are my main thoughts on FFIV thus far.