MFW I come back to check in here...

Spoiler!
    Eventually™
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Promoting:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]: Hack3rman's Trailer Stems
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]: Calidoran's Isolated Scores

Captain Hailer TheSparktank™ 2.1's Avatar
    Nobody did tell me what scene it was that Sissel did for RotK...

Spoiler!

Shriner
    I can't answer for LOTR but she can be heard throughout many Titanic tracks.

jeanbaker, I had no idea untill now that it was you who re created the Alive theme for guitar, thanks so much. Next to Titanic that score, including the James Newton Howard's alternate cues from the 20 years later documentary, is my most wanted complete score. Your version of the documentarys closing theme is note perfect. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
    Nobody did tell me what scene it was that Sissel did for RotK...

Spoiler!
    It was intended for the houses of healing scene but that sequence was cut in the theatrical version of the movie. When that scene was added in the extended edition it was then replaced by the Arwen's song. They both appear in the complete recordings soundtracks though.
    My music & soundtrack collection....still updating!!

"Music is both the cause and the effect of universal harmony" - Confucius

Making the world a better place...for Mankind... docrate1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ1979 View Post
    Someone thinks they are the forum police.

I'll have fun re posting Amanda's never never posts when the score is leaked or released officially, and saying told you so. I think she's just tring to get a rise out of us and having the last word.
    Back off, chummer. Amanda isn't trying to get a rise out of anybody. she is technically right when she says no DL links are allowed in the GD forum. But practically speakin' there are exceptions.

As for a release...No. she's probably right on that one. if you didn't get a full release now, on the ideal date for it, you won't get it. Sony doesn't want it released by a third party, like LalaLand or Intrada, and that's it. WOuldn't be the only score that never got a decent complete release of its original recording: Blade Runner, Conan (although Intrada seems to be working on that one), and many others NEVER had (and likely never will have) any "official complete releases". Hell, Even Hook, didn't get one, although LaLaland's CD is awesome, and a beautiful tribute to the movie. And don't get me started on the Star Wars movies. So no. outside of fan edits, nothing will ever see the light of day. unless someone's crazy enough to risk his job leaking such a sensitive piece of music, which would be a sure way to be both fired and blacklisted in the music industry.

"And exactly how many times did he fall out the window ?"

Shriner
    Oh, we have another fortune teller in here I see.

Who said it has to be a complete release, I know I'd be happy with just an expanded one. And don't try to tell me that never happens as it seems we get several a month lately.

I can't answer for LOTR but she can be heard throughout many Titanic tracks.

jeanbaker, I had no idea untill now that it was you who re created the Alive theme for guitar, thanks so much. Next to Titanic that score, including the James Newton Howard's alternate cues from the 20 years later documentary, is my most wanted complete score. Your version of the documentarys closing theme is note perfect. Awesome.
    Thank youRJ1979, i love the Alive soundtrack! and i tried to make that guitar theme cus i love it! i'm so glad you like it! i'm so sorry for my titanic score version of editing! maybe you expect something better than that! but i promise i'll get back to that tracks! especially in Departure! the sinking is better than original! cus some dissolve points are bad in the movie version and out timing, i tried to set them as good possible! well guys, even if we will never see the score released! there's more possibilities to get them in private, just to know the right persons. ^^ bye

Yes please ask to that guy if He can make something to release a complete score.

Woow! 2 new pages!

I read everything and... it's funny, because... I was told that this topic was useless, and I defended that it was not because we had, thanks to jeanbaker, some new tracks very close to the film version, at last! And, now, there is a little war about "There will never be any complete score", "There will be a complete", "no", "yes", "no", "yes", "no"... Yeah, now, this topic is definitely useless if it's just about pretending that there will be or not a complete.

I first posted here to share my anger, like you, about the Anniversary Edition.
    Then, miracle, jeanbaker shared an edit of him which is, honestly, the best one I even heard! I've been looking for a good fan-complete score of Titanic for years, like you, I downloaded so many versions, I had so many disapointments with too much SFX, noise, bad quality sound... and I'm just happy to hear jeanbaker's work because it just fits! Don't you think? Of course, it's not perfect, and it's not the official! But I could not do what he did, and nobody here seems able to do better, as far as I see. So, of course, we have the right to think that it's pointless if we are just interested by official cues ; but, as I'm not sure they'll ever come, I'm so happy people like jeanbaker give a try, and what a try! It's a good work! If someone better than him comes one day, great! But, for now, at last, there are cues from Titanic that are very, very close to the film version (or exactly the same) and with an excellent quality, so I can listen to them! So cool!

To give my point of view about it, me too, when I saw that the Anniversary edition was not the complete, I thought : "Ok, game over." Because, yes, if they don't do it for the 100th anniversary of the sinking and the 15th anniversary of movie and the 3D version, when will they do? Yes, there will be other anniversaries, but so symbolic? Not sure. So, yes, it seems very compromised to me too, but, we never know! We can't be totally sure. It's just intuition, logic, pronostics, but, why not?

The point is that, as we don't know yet if there will be a complete or not, we can try to get some cue thanks to the talent or relations of some of us! Some fan-made scores are better than official albums, we know that! It's harder for some films than other, but, it's possible. I thought it was totally impossible for Titanic, but jeanbaker just proved the contrary! Am I the only one to think that he made something awsome? Did you listen to the his edit of "Ending scene"? It's great! I never found such a good version before! That's not nothing for me! Waiting for the complete Score (or never have it) will be more bearable thanks to these tracks!

I agree with Amanda about one thing (even if I don't know Cameron's methods as well as her) : there is the complete music as Horner composed it for the film, and there is the complete music as we hear it the film. The sonorities, the effects are a bit different in the film, we notice that something is different, sometimes, in the music, so, someone must have mixed, modified the music of James Horner. So... what is our priority? Personnaly, I'm interested by both of them ; music composed by Horner, and music as heard is the film. jeanbaker tries to get the music as heard in the film! I think it's what I prefer. So, I think Amanda is right to explain this, that the music we're looking for was altered, modified by Cameron or someone of the crew and it makes the music very, very hard (or impossible) to find and to re-create by fans!

So, I wrote a lot. Nethertheless, I'm not here to talk for hours about this missing score, because, we all agree that this is such a shame ; we only don't share the same trust and hope in seeing it edited in the future. So, that's all. Nothing to add. The real interest of this topic, for me, it's the tracks edited by jeanbaker (or someone else!). About download links... there are not download here. Just links for videos. But, if it's really a problem, we can create a special topic for the works of jeanbaker or other fans who would try to create fan-made tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by OSTtracker View Post
    Woow! 2 new pages!

I read everything and... it's funny, because... I was told that this topic was useless, and I defended that it was not because we had, thanks to jeanbaker, some new tracks very close to the film version, at last! And, now, there is a little war about "There will never be any complete score", "There will be a complete", "no", "yes", "no", "yes", "no"... Yeah, now, this topic is definitely useless if it's just about pretending that there will be or not a complete.

I first posted here to share my anger, like you, about the Anniversary Edition.
    Then, miracle, jeanbaker shared an edit of him which is, honestly, the best one I even heard! I've been looking for a good fan-complete score of Titanic for years, like you, I downloaded so many versions, I had so many disapointments with too much SFX, noise, bad quality sound... and I'm just happy to hear jeanbaker's work because it just fits! Don't you think? Of course, it's not perfect, and it's not the official! But I could not do what he did, and nobody here seems able to do better, as far as I see. So, of course, we have the right to think that it's pointless if we are just interested by official cues ; but, as I'm not sure they'll ever come, I'm so happy people like jeanbaker give a try, and what a try! It's a good work! If someone better than him comes one day, great! But, for now, at last, there are cues from Titanic that are very, very close to the film version (or exactly the same) and with an excellent quality, so I can listen to them! So cool!

To give my point of view about it, me too, when I saw that the Anniversary edition was not the complete, I thought : "Ok, game over." Because, yes, if they don't do it for the 100th anniversary of the sinking and the 15th anniversary of movie and the 3D version, when will they do? Yes, there will be other anniversaries, but so symbolic? Not sure. So, yes, it seems very compromised to me too, but, we never know! We can't be totally sure. It's just intuition, logic, pronostics, but, why not?

The point is that, as we don't know yet if there will be a complete or not, we can try to get some cue thanks to the talent or relations of some of us! Some fan-made scores are better than official albums, we know that! It's harder for some films than other, but, it's possible. I thought it was totally impossible for Titanic, but jeanbaker just proved the contrary! Am I the only one to think that he made something awsome? Did you listen to the his edit of "Ending scene"? It's great! I never found such a good version before! That's not nothing for me! Waiting for the complete Score (or never have it) will be more bearable thanks to these tracks!

I agree with Amanda about one thing (even if I don't know Cameron's methods as well as her) : there is the complete music as Horner composed it for the film, and there is the complete music as we hear it the film. The sonorities, the effects are a bit different in the film, we notice that something is different, sometimes, in the music, so, someone must have mixed, modified the music of James Horner. So... what is our priority? Personnaly, I'm interested by both of them ; music composed by Horner, and music as heard is the film. jeanbaker tries to get the music as heard in the film! I think it's what I prefer. So, I think Amanda is right to explain this, that the music we're looking for was altered, modified by Cameron or someone of the crew and it makes the music very, very hard (or impossible) to find and to re-create by fans!

So, I wrote a lot. Nethertheless, I'm not here to talk for hours about this missing score, because, we all agree that this is such a shame ; we only don't share the same trust and hope in seeing it edited in the future. So, that's all. Nothing to add. The real interest of this topic, for me, it's the tracks edited by jeanbaker (or someone else!). About download links... there are not download here. Just links for videos. But, if it's really a problem, we can create a special topic for the works of jeanbaker or other fans who would try to create fan-made tracks.
    i Agree in all you say! about the original soundtrack or piece re-recorded for the movie here's a little point to say! that bastards (in good sense) have the full OST that include the entire sets of channels of full orchestra instruments (solo recorded at the same time) then after that its too too tooooo simple mixing the tracks for compose the movie! cus they have all the elements! for example the final scene! the music used was from the ost, unable to stay.. this track is in stereo and had two channels! too little for a remixing for extract only the instruments we would to leave! instead the track recorded from them that had one channel for instrument!! LOL this is the problem for do a custom score, the only thing i can made is to get the all effects and synth used for the movie and compose it from zero! and is too hard.

I noticed yesterday when I Saw titanic 3D a nice cue when jack and rose are in the car , a piano cue very close to butterfly and first apparition

Quote Originally Posted by jeanbaker View Post
    i Agree in all you say! about the original soundtrack or piece re-recorded for the movie here's a little point to say! that bastards (in good sense) have the full OST that include the entire sets of channels of full orchestra instruments (solo recorded at the same time) then after that its too too tooooo simple mixing the tracks for compose the movie! cus they have all the elements! for example the final scene! the music used was from the ost, unable to stay.. this track is in stereo and had two channels! too little for a remixing for extract only the instruments we would to leave! instead the track recorded from them that had one channel for instrument!! LOL this is the problem for do a custom score, the only thing i can made is to get the all effects and synth used for the movie and compose it from zero! and is too hard.
    So, here it becomes really frustrating ><

Grand Shriney
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanbaker View Post
    um....?
    likes this.

Oh, we have another fortune teller in here I see.

Who said it has to be a complete release, I know I'd be happy with just an expanded one. And don't try to tell me that never happens as it seems we get several a month lately.
    not a fortune teller, but some pragmatic guy. Sony has no interest releasing it, and if they didn't release it this time, that leaves the movie 20th/25th anniversary. In over words around 2017/2022.and that still seems pretty far fetched to me.

No need to call people fortune tellers or ill omens just because they don't share your optimism, bub.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by docrate1 View Post
    not a fortune teller, but some pragmatic guy. Sony has no interest releasing it, and if they didn't release it this time, that leaves the movie 20th/25th anniversary. In over words around 2017/2022.and that still seems pretty far fetched to me.

No need to call people fortune tellers or ill omens just because they don't share your optimism, bub.
    When people start posting that things will never happen you can pretty much guarantee that they eventually will.

Didn't they say that the Titanic would never sink, and look how that turned out.

Yep. and we were supposed to have sent a team on Mars by 2005, and a permanent base station around the same time.

I'm a born pessimist anyway. Thus, I'm never disappointed .

Shriner
    All things come to those who wait.

I'm in no hurry.

- The music we hear when Jack and Fabrizio run on the docks. It sounds like irish music. I can't find this music. Contrary to what many people pretend, it's not "Jack Dawuson's Luck" that we can find in the "Back to Titanic" Album, it's something else. In this site ([Hidden link. Register to see links.]), they say it's one the tracks previously composed by Horner for the film "Heaven help us"/"The Catholic Boys", but I never could find this track anywhere, the score is too rare.
    - The music we hear when the ship leaves the port. There are some elements, of course, of "Leaving Port", but that's not all. We miss the most important to me, the chorus we hear when Jack and Brizio say goodbye to the crowd.
    Haha, I remember making that complete cue list. Only some of the titles are official, the rest I "Horner-ized" He uses very dramatic wording for his cues so I tried to emulate that.

If you're interested, I have a rip of the "lucky ticket" scene from a copy of the film with most dialogue removed or softened, but still sound effects. I'm guessing this would be the "Leaving Southampton" cue registered with the ASCAP.

-Kevin

Hey, bandtrumpet7!

So, you are the author of the excellent cue list inspired by the ASCAP? Well, that's great to meet you and tell you that it is excellent work that I often consulted when I tried to create a complete score!

About the track you made, yeah, I already know it! I made so many research for Titanic score, I think I have all we can have, even the worst! Your track is the best I had heard because, indeed, you managed to get rid of the voices! But, the work of jeanbaker is just amazing. About the irish music of "lucky ticket", he made this track, very short, but the best we can find, without any SFX and very clear sound!
    But, what disturbs me is the drums we hear that are very strong ; I think it's not so strong or totally absent in the movie. Well, that's an excellent work though.

About the "Leaving port", jeanbaker made something great, but the difficulty is with the chorus ; I'm pretty sure that we have it on the albums, but I don't have the "musical ear" at all, so, I'm a little bit confused. I think that with the good chorus and a shorter intro (it's not so long in the movie), it would be perfect!

Well, thanks you guys, all those who use their abilities and talent to try to create a complete score! It's such a pleasure to listen to this!

P.S. I love your avatar, bandtrumper7!

Night Flight Lieutenant dsguardian's Avatar
    Personally, I believe that this score will be released SOMEDAY. Could be 10 or 20 years from now, hell, maybe 30, who knows? Look at releases like "Ben Hur" or "The Robe". But released anytime in the near-distant future? Sadly, no. (And yes, I do read tea leaves and tarot cards in my spare time, while channeling the ghost of Jerry Goldsmith's great-grandmother.)

But, what disturbs me is the drums we hear that are very strong ; I think it's not so strong or totally absent in the movie.
    The drums are there because that's the version from Heaven Help Us. Horner re-recorded it for the film and varied it slightly, so there's less of a percussive beat. It also sounds a bit crisper ... don't know how else to put it. The theme appears three times in the movie; when Jack and Fabrizio are running towards the ship, when Jack and Rose are being chased by Lovejoy, and later as a continuation of that scene when they're running through the boiler room.

As to whether or not the score will be released, I'm half hopeful and half pragmatic. Part of me thinks that this is such an amazing score and it deserves release, even by bootleg; the other half knows that this is something that is not sanctioned by Paramount or Sony or Fox or anyone else, and the discs locked in a vault are precisely that ... locked in a vault. So the chances of me getting to hear it are slim to none ... but that leads back to the hopeful part. It's a cycle. I think everyone here has good points, though, and I'm at least glad to talk about the score and see that other people are as passionate about it as I am!

Nobody so happens to have a clean copy of the Third Class dance music minus the dialogue from the film? Thanks in advance.