Thread: QUESTION: Uploading a soundtrack but withholding tracks.

QUESTION: Uploading a soundtrack but withholding tracks.

[]
    Last edited by frater_mavros; 12-04-2012 at 09:16 AM.

There are two tracks missing from the complete "Batman Begins" but I don't believe those were intentionally held back by anyone.

I don't know if that's an example you're thinking of but this is actually something I don't think I've ever encountered.

I've seen missing tracks because of a disc ripping error or something like that, but not on purpose.

Does it happen often?

Making the world a better place...for Mankind... docrate1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHFan View Post
    There are two tracks missing from the complete "Batman Begins" but I don't believe those were intentionally held back by anyone.

I don't know if that's an example you're thinking of but this is actually something I don't think I've ever encountered.

I've seen missing tracks because of a disc ripping error or something like that, but not on purpose.

Does it happen often?
    Happens sometimes. I've seen a lot of incomplete/custom releases, especially in anime sountracks. most of the time because of damaged CDs, sometimes because peoples thought a track just wasn't good enough. sometimes it's just an error or a deleting accident while handling the folder. I've never seen it done for the sheer pleasure of it.

"And exactly how many times did he fall out the window ?"

Sons of Batman TheSparktankô 2.1's Avatar
    I think that sometimes, the uploader feels the track holds no creative or entertaining merit to keep it in the release.
    I for one, would withhold the first track on the Ramin Djiwadi score to Clash of the Titans, which is just a rock track which really bares no remarkable sense of entertainment for me.

Should anyone ask for me to upload it to complete their maniacal and trivial need for their silly inner completists.

On the other hand, some may just retain a track because it's flawed in some technical manner that is available in a better form or presentation conceived elsewhere.

I suppose another rational explanation could be that they're expecting someone to share something rare in return for the unreleased, said track.

Which is not uncommon in these parts of the forums.

Quite often in the music hunting endeavors, uploaders will upload only samples in hopes to have something else rare and sacred shared so their (the uploaders) media doesn't go "unworthy".

In some cases, it can go so far as issuing money as a means of releasing the music wherein no party has entirely agreed to any such stipulation of money transactions.

Or simply, there was an error in creating the archive (which is not entirely uncommon) and a song was excluded.
    I want you to remember the one man who beat you!

I HAVE seen it done intentionally, by members we all know and love. Especially on custom scores. I am told it is to see if items meant for private use among friends ends up getting posted. If so, it will have the same missing track, and the OP will have some idea on who to trust. Mind you, this has only been for sensitive stuff, shared in private, and not meant to be public, for one reason or another.
    "It's wild, Steve, WILD!"
    "Get in the car."
    "The KGB has nicer cars."
    "Yes, but they don't always take you where you want to go, do they?"