Like Tree6452Likes

Thread: Not completely about SCIENCE shoot the shit gifs DSi 2 XL 64 CD (NSFW)

  1. #141526
    Captain Hailer TheSparktankô 2.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    by the coffee pot
    Posts
    17,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Misu View Post
    Disney movies don't count, and aside from that the only musical I like is Scrooge. I can't normally stand musicals
    Oh, but 'tis a musical!
    A lot of Disney movies are musicals.
    For some reason.

    I see so many stores just toss the movies around to different shelves virtually every time I walk into the store.

    It's like when the staff changes shifts, someone goes and changes the category card.
    ʰᵃᶦᶫ ʰʸᵈʳᵃ

  2. #141527
    Bakuretsu Hunter Chocolate Misu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    I'm On A BOAT!!
    Posts
    10,799
    Yes Disney's are musicals, but I don't think they really count in the category........
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]


    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  3. #141528
    Captain Hailer TheSparktankô 2.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    by the coffee pot
    Posts
    17,748
    The Producers
    Chicago
    Moulin Rouge
    Grease
    Sweeney Todd
    Momma Mia!
    Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Blues Brothers
    Burlesque
    Across the Universe
    Cabaret

    ...Blues Brothers 2000, High School Musical, Enchanted, Gerard's Phantom of the Opera, Evita, Popeye, Yentl, Grease 2, The Wiz, and Cry-Baby are not great examples of great musicals

    I have yet to watch Newsies, Rent, Hairspray, Dreamgirls, All That Jazz!, and Nine.

    Didn't really care for Annie, The Muppets, Barbara Streisand musicals, and Little Shop of Horrors.
    After watching LSoH 10 years later... Steve Martin's scene was about the best part of the movie.

    O Brother, Where Art Thou? can be somewhat considered a musical. If the KKK have to dance in synchronized choreography, it can be considered a musical

    ---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Misu View Post
    Yes Disney's are musicals, but I don't think they really count in the category........
    Oh, but they do~

    ---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

    Good Disney musicals:

    Beauty and the Beast
    The Lion King
    Alice in Wonderland
    Wizard of Oz
    Aladdin
    Cinderella
    Little Mermaid
    Jungle Book

    Bad Disney musicals:
    Hercules
    Tarzan

    Did not get too ecstatic over:
    Pinocchio
    Mulan

    and I can't remember what else.
    Pinocchio was an alright movie, but I just didn't feel it whenever they sang. And the only song I remember was Jiminy Cricket's song.

  4. #141529
    ??????????????????? Marceline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    Fourze 44

    Spoiler!


    *sigh*
    Yeah, I feel like Fourze has lost a lot of its magic for me. It was an entertaining enough arc and I thought Shimizu Fumika did a great job but there's a part of me that feels genuinely sad when I watch it right now. I just put too much into these shows sometimes. Hoping it'll win me over, somehow, because it's a shame for things to go sour because of one arc.

    Spoiler!


    Quote Originally Posted by JonC View Post
    Only the title track sounded like the seventies. It was composed for the film, which is why it didn't match.
    JonC
    (Has not actually seen Grease, but the Mrs is a fan.)
    Hopelessly Devoted was too. Originally there was no song like that at all. The revivals added a song but not that one, though I've seen stage versions that used it. When we did it we had this song. Ton of fun to sing but I have a hard time with some of the high notes:

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    I mostly like musicals for the songs, not the story, but Grease has some great one-liners.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
    I have yet to watch Newsies, Rent, Hairspray, Dreamgirls, All That Jazz!, and Nine.
    I was ridiculously obsessed with Newsies for years. A pre-cursor to all my insane obsessions to come. Even if you don't like Rent I bet you will like La Vie Boheme. So much fun to sing with people. Number one thing I miss about being in choirs is the lack of people who want to sing songs from musicals with me.

    Really, I would just recommend downloading soundtracks for a lot of musicals rather than trying to watch them. There's a lot of stuff with annoying stories but some terrific songs.

  5. #141530
    Captain Hailer TheSparktankô 2.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    by the coffee pot
    Posts
    17,748
    Musicals I would like to see made: with hit singles such as

    Clash of the Titans: "Release the Kraken", "I'm Just A Man", "Stoney Bitch"
    Die Hard 3: "Simon Says", "McClaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnn!!!", "Simon Says (Reprise)"
    Lord of the Rings: "One Cannot Simply Sing Into Mordor", "Fighting Uruk-Hai", "Flight of the Eagles"
    Pulp Fiction: "Say What Again", "Only One Joke", "[censored] Dungeons and Samurai Swords"
    Scott Pilgrim: "Seven Deadly Ex's", "Lesbians With You", "Ramona"
    Aliens: "Nightmares (Ripley's Solo)", Game Over, Man", "Nightmares (Ripley and Newt Duet)", "Nuked From Orbit"
    Goldeneye: "M is for Man; Not Anymore (Bond and M Duet)", "Boys with Toys", "I am invincible!"
    The Dark Knight: "Why so serious?", "Gotham's Guardian", "Rachel's Lament", "Buyers Beware"
    Seven: "Seven Deadly Sins", "Finale (Be My Wrath)"

  6. #141531
    ??????????????????? Marceline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    22,549
    Mulan is awesome because it has I'll Make a Man Out of You. Plus, I think Donny Osmond is a genuinely awesome dude. A lot of people less famous than him were never as friendly to chorus folk. He always went out of his way to make us feel good about our singing.

  7. #141532
    Captain Hailer TheSparktankô 2.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    by the coffee pot
    Posts
    17,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    I was ridiculously obsessed with Newsies for years. A pre-cursor to all my insane obsessions to come. Even if you don't like Rent I bet you will like La Vie Boheme. So much fun to sing with people. Number one thing I miss about being in choirs is the lack of people who want to sing songs from musicals with me.

    Really, I would just recommend downloading soundtracks for a lot of musicals rather than trying to watch them. There's a lot of stuff with annoying stories but some terrific songs.
    In grade's 8 and 9, I took music singing. It seemed less tragic than sewing.
    Although the sewing could have come in handy today...

    I had fun. We did mostly oldies from the 50's-70's.
    All I Have To Do Is Dream, Earth Angel and a few others were my favorite to do.
    So glad we had an old music teacher that didn't let kids have their way and do smut.

    I remember listening to some of Rent before.
    An ex-friend of mine auditioned for Rent.
    She had her foot in the door... then... Well, you know, women~
    Her ex didn't dump her. He just... iunno. Neglected her and she just... iunno. Went full woman? Tropic Thunder meme needed...

    Needed and modified.

  8. #141533
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    Work the shaft. Swallow the gravy.

    ---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------





    UMMMMPH. Just fucking UMMMMPH.
    Marceline likes this.

  9. #141534
    ??????????????????? Marceline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    22,549
    Would've loved to do Rent. So much fun even for the chorus people. ; ; I stopped doing singing stuff after I dropped out of college back in 2002, so much stuff I would have loved to do that I never did. I had some awesome opportunities and I don't think I could handle being onstage anymore anyways.

    Maybe not actually all that good but I really really love You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. Sing these songs all the time:

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    But I will stop with the musical stuff. Too much nostalgia.

  10. #141535
    Grand Shriner N-12_Aden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Unkown
    Posts
    6,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
    Musicals I would like to see made: with hit singles such as

    Clash of the Titans: "Release the Kraken", "I'm Just A Man", "Stoney Bitch"
    Die Hard 3: "Simon Says", "McClaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnn!!!", "Simon Says (Reprise)"
    Lord of the Rings: "One Cannot Simply Sing Into Mordor", "Fighting Uruk-Hai", "Flight of the Eagles"
    Pulp Fiction: "Say What Again", "Only One Joke", "[censored] Dungeons and Samurai Swords"
    Scott Pilgrim: "Seven Deadly Ex's", "Lesbians With You", "Ramona"
    Aliens: "Nightmares (Ripley's Solo)", Game Over, Man", "Nightmares (Ripley and Newt Duet)", "Nuked From Orbit"
    Goldeneye: "M is for Man; Not Anymore (Bond and M Duet)", "Boys with Toys", "I am invincible!"
    The Dark Knight: "Why so serious?", "Gotham's Guardian", "Rachel's Lament", "Buyers Beware"
    Seven: "Seven Deadly Sins", "Finale (Be My Wrath)"
    The Dark Knight Rises: "What A Lovely Voice...", "I Must Break You", "So That's What That Feels Like."

  11. #141536
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330

  12. #141537
    Bakuretsu Hunter Chocolate Misu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    I'm On A BOAT!!
    Posts
    10,799

  13. #141538
    Away from my desk JonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
    Good Disney musicals:

    Beauty and the Beast
    The Lion King
    Alice in Wonderland
    Wizard of Oz
    Aladdin
    Cinderella
    Little Mermaid
    Jungle Book

    Bad Disney musicals:
    Hercules
    Tarzan

    Did not get too ecstatic over:
    Pinocchio
    Mulan

    and I can't remember what else.
    Pinocchio was an alright movie, but I just didn't feel it whenever they sang. And the only song I remember was Jiminy Cricket's song.
    For a movie to be a musical, the characters have to be singing. In Tarzan, Glenn Close sings once, and there she's doing a lullaby. So, I don't think of it a musical. But I do think it kicks ass.
    Wizard of Oz was MGM, not Disney.

    Good Disney musicals: (In chronological order)
    Snow White
    Pinocchio (very good)
    Jungle Book
    Little Mermaid (very good)
    Beauty and the Beast (very good)
    Aladdin
    The Lion King
    Mulan

    Bad musicals:
    Cinderella
    Alice in Wonderland

    Didn't see Hercules
    Everybody will have a different list.
    JonC
    Do to changes in my schedule, I am not able to do uploads, renew links or fulfill requests at this time. I will resume uploads if and when the situation changes.

  14. #141539
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330




    I am truly a simple, simple creature

    I liked 22 even if it was pretty straightforward. Little nod to Dairanger/poking fun at their ludicrous mech. Biting off some Shinkenger shenanigans next week for some Yoko/Jin action. Jin fills in for the second girl in the girl power episode. FUCK. YES.

    Movie footage looks awesome.

  15. #141540
    Captain Hailer TheSparktankô 2.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    by the coffee pot
    Posts
    17,748
    Quote Originally Posted by JonC View Post
    For a movie to be a musical, the characters have to be singing. In Tarzan, Glenn Close sings once, and there she's doing a lullaby. So, I don't think of it a musical. But I do think it kicks ass.
    Wizard of Oz was MGM, not Disney.

    Good Disney musicals: (In chronological order)
    Snow White
    Pinocchio (very good)
    Jungle Book
    Little Mermaid (very good)
    Beauty and the Beast (very good)
    Aladdin
    The Lion King
    Mulan

    Bad musicals:
    Cinderella
    Alice in Wonderland

    Didn't see Hercules
    Everybody will have a different list.
    JonC
    I can never remember that it was MGM. For some reason I picture that dirty o' perverts hands all over it.




    Just finished watching The Lorax.

    Sploiler alert!
    it sucked.
    trees, no trees, last seed to plant, happy ending, zac efron does not take his shirt off.


    oh and I skipped through the movie a lot.

  16. #141541
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330

  17. #141542
    Captain Hailer TheSparktankô 2.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    by the coffee pot
    Posts
    17,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post


    ---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

    Btw, anyone have a free account for Netload.in??

    I just got a 1-month premo and they gave me a coupon code for anyone with a free account to get 48 hours free premo.

  18. #141543
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    Yeah, I feel like Fourze has lost a lot of its magic for me. It was an entertaining enough arc and I thought Shimizu Fumika did a great job but there's a part of me that feels genuinely sad when I watch it right now. I just put too much into these shows sometimes. Hoping it'll win me over, somehow, because it's a shame for things to go sour because of one arc.

    Spoiler!
    I completely missed this. I'm going to blame Sparky with all his musical talk looking the same. Listy McListList.

    I'm not sure which is more disheartening to me: that my feelings for the show went in the shitter so fast in and of itself, or that they were able to unravel it that quickly.

    Am I wrong to feel this way? Or, are they to blame for inconceivably horrible and rapid ball-dropping?

    Spoiler!


    For me, looking back, it was like

    Promising start to the series
    Okay stuff
    Pegasus Arc
    Mediocre/disappointing stuff
    Cosmic
    Cute girl
    Betrayal
    Be-tray-al
    Betrayed me.
    This show suuuuuuuucks.

    In that order. Not just one arc, for me.

  19. #141544
    ??????????????????? Marceline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    22,549
    Sword in the Stone is my favorite Disney.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    I completely missed this. I'm going to blame Sparky with all his musical talk looking the same. Listy McListList.

    I'm not sure which is more disheartening to me: that my feelings for the show went in the shitter so fast in and of itself, or that they were able to unravel it that quickly.

    Am I wrong to feel this way? Or, are they to blame for inconceivably horrible and rapid ball-dropping?

    Spoiler!
    I guess it really is that the friendship is what made the show special, and when it's hard to buy that, the flaws stand out more and the show as a whole is just okay. The things that are still mostly working for me is apostle related stuff and Gentaro as a character. I don't like Tomoko or Ryuusei any less but they haven't had anything to do. Weirdly, I don't feel like I like Kengo as much. I wonder what caused that.

    Spoiler!


    I'm probably being overly negative because I honestly feel depressed over the turn stuff has taken and I don't really want to feel bad about the show anymore. Which I guess is where I was when Fourze started. Hope I can appreciate Wizard for what it is.

    ---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Liked this a lot. It reminds me a ton of something else but I can't think of what. Have a feeling it's a manga.

  20. #141545
    Stuff Your Eyes with Wonder Dr Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In the dark, mostly.
    Posts
    28,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    Someone needs to make those ; ; I would love to play a game that mostly involved your character getting killed in wonderfully elaborate or aesthetically pleasing ways.
    I used to throw Lara off ledges just to watch her crumple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    I'm almost speechless. Almost. It's outstanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    Is Dario related to Asia?
    Wiki says yes.
    She's his daughter. He likes to kill her in horrible ways.

    She's sexy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    I always sort of want to do Nuts of toys, and then I remember how long my review of Gosei Ground on Amazon is....
    If you think you can make it work I'm not opposed to others. I don't think cuckoo would be either. Ask him if you want to pursue it. You have capable hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    Video of the costume in case anyone wants to see:

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Quoting so I don't forget to check it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    PlasticNuts?
    Float in the bath.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
    In grade's 8 and 9, I took music singing. It seemed less tragic than sewing.
    I was in the school choir. I left because we didn't see eye to eye about the religious stuff.

    I can sew your eyes shut if you like? I wrote a short about that. It was fun. It had the character name that I'm most proud of ever.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    "There must be something in books, something we canít imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house... "

  21. #141546
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    Yeah, I really disliked the Gene arc. They did a one-two punch and completely destroyed JK for me.

    I definitely have respect for Ryuusei, after the Cosmic arc and what he did last week. But, like you said, there isn't much for him to do otherwise and that shipping is boring to me.

    Did you notice Gemini yelling out This Clenches It? So, you're reusing phrases from past shows just to do it, now. Classy.

  22. #141547
    ??????????????????? Marceline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    22,549
    Over-Time doesn't help by adding stuff like that into their translations even when it's not in the script.

    Sometimes their changes are really bizarre to me. I mean, why translate English words to something else? Presumably everyone can hear and understand them. Just use italics or smth to emphasize that they're in English. People will get it.

    They also translate "uso da" weirdly, but maybe that's just my lack of Japanese knowledge shining through and it has multiple meanings?

  23. #141548
    Bakuretsu Hunter Chocolate Misu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    I'm On A BOAT!!
    Posts
    10,799



    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Liked this a lot. It reminds me a ton of something else but I can't think of what. Have a feeling it's a manga.
    Read page one. Reminded me instantly of Shirley the Medium from Courage the Cowardly Dog~

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  24. #141549
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    I still don't get people defending Over-time. So you believe that shit is conversational and hip? How about you tell me exactly what they said and if it doesn't make sense, explain it. Teach me something.

    Orange juice. I want the juice and heavy pulp. Not citrus punch that's 90% sugar and 10% juice.

    I can wait a while for that. It's worth it.

    T-N didn't translate the ride with me to Hell exactly like O-T did. But, T-N did do This clenches it. So, I have to assume they are trying somewhat to reuse stuff

  25. #141550
    ??????????????????? Marceline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    22,549
    I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure they said "kore de kimari da" or something close to it. Bad enough on its own and Over-Time is making it worse by adding in more like it. If they're reusing lines like that I want a real reason for it. Would be cool if it was a genuine tribute to the show and not thrown in at random.

    Even if you hate acknowledging that you're watching a Japanese show, you'd think you'd at least want an accurate translation. I mean, it's a clear translation but I know enough Japanese that I sometimes hear stuff and think "that's not quite right". Like "uso da" means "that's a lie/that's not true" and they usually translate it to "no"? And I mean, they're similar enough that the message is getting across, but I feel like there's enough of a difference there that it should be translated as what it actually means. If "no" is just as accurate feel free to correct me here.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •