Like Tree6425Likes

Thread: Not completely about SCIENCE shoot the shit gifs DSi 2 XL 64 CD (NSFW)

  1. #128801
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    Nice.

    Wanted to see that.
    it's on netflix.

    i started it earlier and got maybe 10 minutes in but had to stop to do bullshit errands, but i was sucked in from the start. gonna finish tonight
    scratch a cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist
    -george carlin

  2. #128802
    Master Shit-Shooter cuckoo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    35,083
    Just remembered, Sparky!

    I don't remember if I already mentioned this....I don't think I did though.

    Was watching The Killing a few weeks ago and they showed the patio where you found Simon.

    I laughed.

    Then laughed some more.

    ....and then there was lightning and I cackled.
    Neg, impudent urinal and Marceline like this.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]


  3. #128803
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    Tobe Hooper.
    a hah...i was wrong

  4. #128804
    Sons of Batman TheSparktankô 2.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crime Alley
    Posts
    17,479
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    Just remembered, Sparky!

    I don't remember if I already mentioned this....I don't think I did though.

    Was watching The Killing a few weeks ago and they showed the patio where you found Simon.

    I laughed.

    Then laughed some more.

    ....and then there was lightning and I cackled.
    docrate1 and impudent urinal like this.
    I want you to remember the one man who beat you!

  5. #128805
    Away from my desk JonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by docrate1 View Post
    Duel
    The color purple
    Poltergeist ?
    Tobe Hooper.
    Kinda. The Story is that much, if not most of the movie was actually directed by Spielberg. (Which is why it feels more like one of his movies than one of Hooper's.) So you could argue, that if Twilight Zone makes it in because Spielberg directed part of it, than you could give it to him for Poltergeist as well.
    JonC
    Do to changes in my schedule, I am not able to do uploads, renew links or fulfill requests at this time. I will resume uploads if and when the situation changes.

  6. #128806
    Sons of Batman TheSparktankô 2.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crime Alley
    Posts
    17,479


    Alright ramblers, let's get rambling.

    Im out! later bitches!

  7. #128807
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    i love michael caine to death. young and old.

    so sad when
    Spoiler!


    the best actor nolan's batman films

    he did a touching tribute to john barry in the memorial concert last year. apparently they were quite close.

  8. #128808
    Master Shit-Shooter cuckoo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    35,083
    Quote Originally Posted by JonC View Post
    Kinda. The Story is that much, if not most of the movie was actually directed by Spielberg. (Which is why it feels more like one of his movies than one of Hooper's.) So you could argue, that if Twilight Zone makes it in because Spielberg directed part of it, than you could give it to him for Poltergeist as well.
    JonC
    We all know it's Spielberg.

    ...but I was going with technicalities.

    ------

    Laters, Sparky.

    This week.....drinks.....sun.....shorts.....

    cat shit in our undies.

  9. #128809
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    Quote Originally Posted by JonC View Post
    Kinda. The Story is that much, if not most of the movie was actually directed by Spielberg. (Which is why it feels more like one of his movies than one of Hooper's.) So you could argue, that if Twilight Zone makes it in because Spielberg directed part of it, than you could give it to him for Poltergeist as well.
    JonC
    okay, i'd accept that. i'd always wondered how a goldsmith/spielberg collaboration would work in an alternate reality. i'm sure goldsmith had to have been on spielberg's short list of possible composers when he made sugarland express.

  10. #128810
    Oh noooo :D Lunchbox McGillicuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    The Gomez Residence
    Posts
    12,529
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  11. #128811
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    We all know it's Spielberg.

    ...but I was going with technicalities.

    ------

    Laters, Sparky.

    This week.....drinks.....sun.....shorts.....

    cat shit in our undies.
    i mean, lucas practically co-directed return of the jedi

    ---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

    something i hate to think about, yet can't help wondering...

    williams is quite a bit older than spielberg. he will likely retire/die first (god forbid either).

    what composer will spielberg use?

    my guess would be shore or giacchino. i can't see him using someone like zimmer.

  12. #128812
    Master Shit-Shooter cuckoo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    35,083
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    cat shit in our undies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    lucas


    ---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    my guess would be shore or giacchino. i can't see him using someone like zimmer.
    I'm guessing Giacchino.

    Wasn't it Spielberg that hired him for the Medal Of Honor games?

  13. #128813
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    yeah. to me, he's the most williams-esque of the younger generation.

    though i'd love to hear shore do spielberg

  14. #128814
    The Wordsmith The Dimensioner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mahoi Nui
    Posts
    2,081
    Lyedecker likes this.
    In search of: 2012, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Shawshank Redemption, Chronicles of Narnia. Nothing to trade for now.

  15. #128815
    Master Shit-Shooter cuckoo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    35,083
    Giacchino's pretty attached to J.J. Abrams though.

    Guess he can do both.

    Elfman does Burton and Van Sant.

    Beltrami does Craven and Del Toro.

    Shore does Cronenberg, Scorsese and Fincher.

  16. #128816
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    shore DID do ed wood though. i guess elfman was busy

    ---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

    speaking of cronenberg/shore, i listened to cosmopolis. good shit

  17. #128817
    Master Shit-Shooter cuckoo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    35,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    shore DID do ed wood though. i guess elfman was busy
    Actually they had a falling out after Nightmare B4 X-mas.

    ---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    speaking of cronenberg/shore, i listened to cosmopolis. good shit
    Yeah?

    Can't wait.

    Metric's on there too.

    Is Metric known in the States?

    They can be pretty decent.

  18. #128818
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    some would say abrams is the natural successor to spielberg (horseshit, imo), so only fitting giacchino is also the successor to williams

    ---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    Actually they had a falling out after Nightmare B4 X-mas.
    glad they patched things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    Yeah?

    Can't wait.

    Metric's on there too.

    Is Metric known in the States?

    They can be pretty decent.
    i first heard them in scott pilgrim

  19. #128819
    Master Shit-Shooter cuckoo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    35,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    some would say abrams is the natural successor to spielberg (horseshit, imo), so only fitting giacchino is also the successor to williams
    Too early to tell.

    Super 8 is a pretty decent foot in the door.

    Not to mention having Joyride on his resume.....which is Duel.

    See if he can do straight up drama first.....and Felicity DOES NOT count.

    ---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    glad they patched things up.
    Me too.

    Elfman patched things up with Raimi as well.

    Be interesting to see who Raimi picks first now...Elfman or Young.

  20. #128820
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    i think he's worlds better than bay, so that's all that matters. no one could completely replace spielberg anyway. felicity

    as long as he tones down the lens flares in the next trek, i'll be happy

    ---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    Be interesting to see who Raimi picks first now...Elfman or Young.
    yikes. who is more suitable would have to depend on the type of film

  21. #128821
    Master Shit-Shooter cuckoo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    35,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    as long as he tones down the lens flares in the next trek, i'll be happy


    Just a tad.

    They were annoying something fierce.

    ---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    yikes. who is more suitable would have to depend on the type of film
    He got Young to score The Gift.

    And Elfman had an onscreen cameo.

    They should just do it that way and switch it around.

  22. #128822
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post


    Just a tad.

    They were annoying something fierce.

    ---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------



    He got Young to score The Gift.

    And Elfman had an onscreen cameo.

    They should just do it that way and switch it around.
    worst thing is in the making of they show abrams actually trying to create lens flares.

    i don't get it.

    in the old school, i thought it was an art to try avoiding them. if one showed up here and there, no big deal. but in trek 11 they're in literally every scene. to the point i never want to rewatch it.

  23. #128823
    Master Shit-Shooter cuckoo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    35,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    worst thing is in the making of they show abrams actually trying to create lens flares.

    i don't get it.

    in the old school, i thought it was an art to try avoiding them. if one showed up here and there, no big deal. but in trek 11 they're in literally every scene. to the point i never want to rewatch it.
    I try to ignore them.

    ...but once you notice them it's hard to unsee them.

    The space shots seem right.

    ...it's the lens flares on the bridge that are really, really annoying.

  24. #128824
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Lyedecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,282
    yeah. it deters from the drama going on with the characters. didn't bother me in the exterior shots so much

  25. #128825
    Master Shit-Shooter cuckoo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    35,083
    Oh well. I can easily see how it would repel a lot of older fans.

    As flawed as it is, I like it and accept it as the new Trek.

    These days, the cool thing to do with reboots is make it darker and more serious.

    Abrams didn't do that and kept the humor and fun that all the older Treks had.

    ....and honestly, those were my favorite parts about the old series and films.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •