Like Tree6425Likes

Thread: Not completely about SCIENCE shoot the shit gifs DSi 2 XL 64 CD (NSFW)

The dullness of fools is the whetstone of the wit. impudent urinal's Avatar
    I don't know how teachers do it. I hate spending 10 minutes with kids who aren't cunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by impudent urinal View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Faustus View Post
    That's feckin wiggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by N-10_Aden View Post
    Man fuck this piece of shit.

Neg
    Me too

Then all the shit they lie to them about, like how to interact with civility and fairness.
    Parents.
    Teaching to a series of tests that Obama should have abolished the second he got into office.

Education isn't what it was. Probably never will be again. The future for this country (and the world, to be fair) is dark. Pitch black.

Never again.

Mass doesn't have NCLB anymore, there was a waiver given or something. I think a couple different states got them.

Things have always been bad in one way or another. The world perpetually seems to be improving in some ways while getting worse in others. Or maybe that's just the optimist in me talking, I don't know. I get too bummed out when I think about this stuff too much. I'll stick to ignoring the world for entertainment and the internet, I think.

The world's always been an equal balance of good and shit.

It just gets moved around a lot.

It's a constant cycle.

:shrugs:

I'm fine with that as long as I know I can do the best I can do to deal and accept it.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    That's what my Great Uncle Freddie looked like from behind when he would take his shirt off.

He was an odd man.

He lit himself on fire one year at the Christmas dinner table.

Yeah...

I hate spending 10 minutes with kids who aren't cunts.

How is it fun spending 10 minutes with kids who are cunts?

...I guess if you had a large stick or a sack of potatoes to swing around.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I have a really high kid tolerance. It takes a lot for them to annoy me. I think it's because I don't get social anxiety around kids the way I do with adults. Anything irritating they might do is made up for by the lack of paranoia that everyone around me hates me

Teenagers at the movie theater still drive me crazy, though

I love kids. Such fun.

My niece is the best.

I'll take a shovel across the back of a teenagers head though and not feel bad.......well most of them.

Neg
    Teenagers scare, the living shit out of me
    They could care less, as long as someone'll bleed
    So darken your clothes, or strike a violent pose
    maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

Not really. Back in the dark ages when I did middle and high school, they were the easiest. Gave them the assignment and we did our best to ignore each other, 99% of the time.

I had one or two middle school classes that were insane. One of which was at the middle school I went to But, that was by far the exception.

Talking to high schoolers was an interesting experience. Reminded me of what I must have been like, and I got to give them the skinny on how things actually are. Had a religious discussion once. You aren't supposed to do that, but I said fuck it. It was amazingly civil and enjoyable.

Middle school seemed like the age kids were nastiest, and maybe early high school. Not just to me, to each other in general. I did most of the meanest stuff I've done around that time too. There were fights and cliques but it didn't seem like there was much bullying once you got to the older grades. People just wanted to hang out with their friends and do their own thing. It's entirely possible people were meaner than I noticed, though.

I suspect my friends and I were pretty awful in movie theaters back in the day, too. I remember us getting yelled at once. I actually really like interactive movie audiences but teenagers aren't interactive in a fun way. Just cell phones and loud conversations that have nothing to do with the movie. And popcorn throwing.

Neg
    Middle school was definitely the worst, when I was actually in it. But, it really wasn't THAT bad. You'd think considering who and what I am I'd have had hellacious experiences in middle and high school, but I honestly didn't.

The "in crowd" was the highest educational track and so I was actually in it, oddly enough. I don't know how much the overlap between the two is, across the country, but that's how it was for me. Sure, Will and I and a couple others were definitely a group "to the side," but every one was all in the same classes so we were part of the whole, without even trying.

Junior High (grades 7,8 & 9) was rough.

Senior High was when the artsy stoner crowd I hung out with established ourselves as a "worthy" bunch to the "cool" rich kids.

They wanted drugs...we had them or knew where to get them.

We made their silly parties and ended up getting invited all the time.

Didn't mean we liked them.

We did nasty shit at their parties without them knowinn like pissing in their shampoo bottles, hoarking in their milk, dipping their pillows into toilets, stealing their shoes, tossing their socks & undies drawers into the pool, hid empty beer bottles in their parent's room for their folks to find when they got back...etc, etc.

All those suburban '90's teen movies.....yeah.....pretty much down to a tee.

Looking back at it, I would have clocked me one nice and good, square in the jaw or nose.

I got picked on some and can occasionally remember people being cruelly insensitive, but I imagine that happens to everybody. High school was a safe haven for me, in a lot of ways. I had a lot of friends and some truly amazing teachers who I feel like I never appreciated enough back then. I had a pretty awful home life so it was nice to have a place to escape to. I was in a lot of clubs and had some great opportunities, and being shy and anti-social, I think I really benefited from being in a place where it's so easy to have and maintain friendships.

I guess the good and bad things is true on an individual level too. I was truly miserable in some ways then, and I wouldn't go back, but a lot of things were better too. Back then I think my life was more extremes- lots of amazing moments and hellish ones- where as it's sort of evened out into something now that is both better and worse. I don't think there's any period of my life I'd describe as the best years of my life. Best months, perhaps.

The music program at my school was massive and while we weren't the "popular" kids we were kind of more popular, in the grand scheme of things. Prom queen and king at my school were both band geeks.

Prom queen and king at my school were both band geeks.
    M. Night Shyamalan twist ending.
    likes this.

I loved all those stupid high school dances. I went to all the terribly named ones too, like ~Snowcoming~. They played terrible music but we always managed to have a good time anyways. I remember once we got the DJ to play Less Than Jake and everyone freaked out.

Neg
    No one shows up for the reunion but the prom queen?

Hack the principal's computer.

Did any shit shooters actually go to their reunions? I don't think I would've gone even if I'd still been in the state. They seem like they'd be so awkward, no matter how you felt about high school.

Neg
    Never got an invitation.

They knew

I loved all those stupid high school dances. I went to all the terribly named ones too, like ~Snowcoming~. They played terrible music but we always managed to have a good time anyways. I remember once we got the DJ to play Less Than Jake and everyone freaked out.
    I think I went to one during my entire time in High school.

The rest of the times, we'd be the ones pretending to be too cool for the dances but still hang out in the parking lot drinking beers and smoking weed out of curiosity and to see what was going on inside.

Watching everybody going in, making rude comments under our breath, while secretly envying them.

We were the Seth Rogen, James Franco, Linda Cardellini and Jason Segels of that school.

I would say you should've gone and pretended to be crazy, but then you would've had to go to your high school reunion.

Did any shit shooters actually go to their reunions? I don't think I would've gone even if I'd still been in the state. They seem like they'd be so awkward, no matter how you felt about high school.
    Nope. No interest really.

I still see quite a few of them anyways around here and there.

Just can't get away unless I move out of the province.

Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    We were the Seth Rogen, James Franco, Linda Cardellini and Jason Segels of that school.
    Only way you could do better would be to be the Martin Starr of your high school.

How is it fun spending 10 minutes with kids who are cunts?
    I guess I could have worded that better. I meant I don't like being around little shits and even when they aren't shits I still don't enjoy being around them.

Neg
    I saw a couple people, right after I graduated, but I haven't seen anyone except Will and his wife since then.

That's how I'd like to keep it

Only way you could do better would be to be the Martin Starr of your high school.

Not smart or wise enough.

My little bro and his friends would have been.

That's due next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    Never got an invitation.

They knew
    Despite how much I move, they still find me to ask for money so I imagine I'll get one. Even though I've never given any cash.

I think I went to one during my entire time in High school.

The rest of the times, we'd be the ones pretending to be too cool for the dances but still hang out in the parking lot drinking beers and smoking weed out of curiosity and to see what was going on inside.

Watching everybody going in, making rude comments under our breath, while secretly envying them.

I went to 2. Freshman or sophomore homecoming and then the senior fling where they send you off. I had to be bribed to go to the homecoming one.

I still talk to a fair amount of people. Mostly via FB and email, a few people on the phone. Mostly just texting, though. The people who stayed in the state all seem to hang out with each other. A bizarre amount of people I know are married to their high school boyfriends/girlfriends, or to people who went to high school with us.

If only we all could've been Martin Starr. Or, alternatively, Stephen Lea Sheppard. He's so bad.