Thread: getting audio files from .bin?

getting audio files from .bin?

I'm really not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I wanted to know if anyone knows how to get the music from .BIN files?

I tried to use some programs such as EZArc2Go, ISObuster, etc. but nothing is working out just yet. can someone help?

oh and if this post needs to be moved. . . yeah. :/
    hmm. . . A device that makes bad weather. . . :/

If the bin file file is the iso of a game, or a file from a game, then ripping audio data is not trivial.
    Compilations I've posted at FF Shrine Forum :
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.],..., [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.] , [Hidden link. Register to see links.],[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Huge "Compilation" [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I don't get it. The .bin file has an audio file in it, I just can't find anything to open it. . .

just one audio file?
    is this a psx .bin? cause playstation games often had multiple audio tracks after the first game track (which could be seen as an audio track), the first track being the actual game. it could mess up some stereos, but it wasn't an actual song. some special games had their tracklist on the rest of the cd which you could listen to if you skipped the first song, like battle arena toshinden. good old days when the soundtrack was on the same cd as the game.
    anyway i don't know how to help you. just wanted to post gaming memories
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

ha. lol at the last thing.

It's a PC game.

You took my disk drive. Prepare to die! RAMChYLD's Avatar
    BIN files, like riotmedic says, in the CD image sense are part of a bin/cue pair. Your first move would be to either burn it into a physical CD/DVD image or mount the image as a virtual CD/DVD using daemon tools or something familiar. Once done, you can then check to see what kind of audio content the image actually contains. If the BIN file is part of a game installation, however, it usually means that the file is an archive of sort. You'll need to use specialized tools to read the file. Look around to see if people have determined what kind of archive it is and if there's a tool to "disassemble" the file.

Chances are, tho, if the audio isn't CDDA (which you can then sic a CD ripper onto the virtual drive or the burned media), you may need additional tools like GAP to convert whatever proprietary format of audio the game uses into something you can pass through a MP3 encoder. Other times, it's just a MP3 or standard audio file type with a different file extension (why they do that, no one knows).

Most games nowadays just use Bink Audio and/or ADX Sound tho.
    Gentlemen, I have realized that I've been naming my latest-gen consoles after television cats! Now, the question is, why?
    Bootnote: First person who gives me a reply about all my bases belonging to them will be DHCP'd For great justice!
    Bootnote Bootnote: And as of today, I hereby christen my V-Smile Cyber Pocket, Proud Heart. Fits right in with Custard and Bonnet