Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Shrine Idol

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    That's cool, IDX. It wouldn't work quite as well with just me judging, so it would definitely be good to have at least one other judge.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

So, what are the ground rules for this thing? Not much info on that in the opening post.

Also, what application would you guys suggest to record a song entry? I've never had a need to do audio recording, so not sure which would be the best. Something preferably free-ware.

Well, if you read over the Final Fantasy Idol thread, you'll have some idea of the general format. In fact, if there's anyone that's participating that hasn't yet had a look over the Final Fantasy Idol thread, I definitely recommend a read-through- it'll definitely help you to become more familiar with the basics. Once we get started, you get one week to perform your song. The judges then listen to everything that's been submitted and an elimination is made based on the overall scores. As the competition progresses, I may start mixing in themes. However, I want to allow people to have a wide choice of songs, so I'll try to keep the themes pretty general, like "Songs in the Key of Love" or "Songs of the 90s" - you know, stuff that still allows you a wide range. Also, as the competition continues - it'll eventually get tougher in that you'll have to sing more than one song in a round and such.

As for sound-editing software, try Audacity. I think that's what a lot of people were using last time and I use it myself. It has some quirks, but on the whole, I find it excellent. Others may have other suggestions.

Hey Agent,

I did a quick skim of the other thread and please correct me if I'm wrong... but the song choices have to be strictly FF related songs? If that is the case, I may not be able to do it seeing as how I've never played a FF game in my life... but if not, then I'd still try to participate.

No, that was only for the Final Fantasy Idol. Now that that's over, this is a more generalized Final Fantasy Shrine Idol where you can perform just about anything you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Arigeitsu159
    I may not be able to do it seeing as how I've never played a FF game in my life
    ROTFL. I'd be very interested in hearing the story of how you ended up on these boards. I mean, I know a lot of people here don't care about Final Fantasy anymore, but I sort of took it as an unspoken assumption that most people here had at least played a Final Fantasy game once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent0042 View Post
    No, that was only for the Final Fantasy Idol. Now that that's over, this is a more generalized Final Fantasy Shrine Idol where you can perform just about anything you want.

ROTFL. I'd be very interested in hearing the story of how you ended up on these boards. I mean, I know a lot of people here don't care about Final Fantasy anymore, but I sort of took it as an unspoken assumption that most people here had at least played a Final Fantasy game once or twice.
    Thanks for the info.

As for your other question... two words... Game Music. Haha.

Okay, we're getting close to the deadline to sign up. If you'd made your decision for certain, I'd like you post it here now, if you're planning to either be a performer or a judge. If you've indicated an interest in either of these positions and I don't hear from you by Friday evening, then you will receive a PM. The absolute final deadline to sign up is Monday evening and the first performances will be due a week from then. So if anyone wants to get an early jump on the proceedings and get started - go ahead! For this first round, you can sing any song you want, so long as it's at least a minute and a half long.

Something wicca this way comes anyname's Avatar
    butts

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Wonderbra
    baby sun is creepy with its giggling and happy baby-ness.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Marceline
    Definitely participating. I'll be a third judge for you if you need judges more, but my preference would be to perform this time around.

Something wicca this way comes anyname's Avatar
    oh man, if mandi is performing i will definitely lose

Marceline
    If you guys say things like that it's going to be such a disappointment when I submit my songs ; ;

I think there are a lot of talented singers here! Should be a good competition.

I guess I'll record a song on Saturday while my boyfriend is at work. He would totally make fun of me if he knew I were doing this on the forum. Heh.

im autistic got a problem with that moltresflare's Avatar
    i will sing but i dont have a mic i have a webcam though lol hope thats ok

Bakuretsu Hunter Chocolate Misu's Avatar
    Whatever means you have of getting your voice over the net will work

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Absolutely! No rules at all as to how we get to hear your performance, so long as we get to hear you sing. You can even publish it as a video if you like - nobody did back in Final Fantasy Idol, but it might be fun to have somebody do that this time around, if they're willing.

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    I'll give my webcam another go but this time with it about 2 inches from my face lol. If that doesn't work, then just put me down as a judge.

IDX, I already have you down as a judge anyway. I don't have anyone else confirmed as a judge yet and it really should be at least one other person other than just me doing judging.

im recording a video on my webcam now just to warn you all i am autistic and i cant really do eye contact well i mean my friends say im a great singer so i hope you all like me singing. I'm asking for respect and to be treated like a regular person that is all i ask

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

here i am lol im not good at figuring out my webcam so here you guys go lol

Looks all right to me. Of course, I'm assuming that's not your actual performance for the first round, right? All performances will need to be at least a minute and a half long and I'll also need to know the title of the song that you're singing and such.

never mind just count me out its too hard for me to figure my webcam out sorry

You sure? It didn't look too bad to me for a first try.

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    Quote Originally Posted by moltresflare View Post
    never mind just count me out its too hard for me to figure my webcam out sorry
    !

You know, I think I'm going to drop out of this. I can't find my mic anywhere and after our recent move, it could be anywhere. Sorry for not being able to join in on this, but it will be cool to keep up with this though.

Ari - what about being a judge? I could still use another judge.

ok i will stay in im sorry its just hard for me to sing a one minute and 30 second song while i hold the webcam at the same time

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast