Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can McCain still win the election?

sees through the bs! All Seeing Eye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    you are retarded.
    Better a retard, than a Chris Jericho fan.

Oh Noes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
    God is love! Mother FUCK you if you don't agree you worthless fucking wretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    . Rap cannot make anyone anymore racist then they already are.
    Throw your 128kbps MP3's in the recycle bin. Enjoy the future! Enjoy Lossless!

TM
    That makes zero sense.

Sig too big

sees through the bs! All Seeing Eye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    That makes zero sense.
    Like you being a Jericho fan, makes zero sense.

ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

Isn't that for technogeeks, with spreadsheets? DREAM BUSCEMI RAPE BEAR ETC's Avatar
    man you got zinged tm.

my avatar is a parody Rabid Monkey's Avatar
    I don't know guys, Missouri and North Carolina haven't been called yet according to some sources. It's anyone's game!
    In my lifetime, we've gone from Eisenhower to George W. Bush. We've gone from John F. Kennedy to Al Gore. If this is evolution, I believe that in 12 years, we'll be voting for plants.
    -- Lewis Black

Isn't that for technogeeks, with spreadsheets? DREAM BUSCEMI RAPE BEAR ETC's Avatar
    once mccain comes into power the US will be a fascist nation!!!!! HEIL MCCAIN! MEIN GOTT I HATE DER JUDEN.

Yes. I think Mcain can still win the election!
    Geralt of Rivia: "Power, sex. Sex, Power. They both come down to one thing - fucking others".

Quote Originally Posted by udö View Post
    once mccain comes into power the US will be a fascist nation!!!!! HEIL MCCAIN! MEIN GOTT I HATE DER JUDEN.
    I hope that's a joke you're trying to make there..because if not, you might be one of the......
    A man chooses; a slave obeys.-Andrew Ryan

The Black Saint Silent Shrinning #Infinitum solis's Avatar
    I don't know. I think he may still have a chance..

Quote Originally Posted by Secondtooth View Post
    I hope that's a joke you're trying to make there..because if not, you might be one of the......
    no joke. mccain is disturbingly right of centre. if in power he will declare war on iran and enlist tha nations youth for war and mindlessly slavery in service of their nation. just like hitler, america's fetishistic national pride is it's most grotesque and easily abused trait. mccain is a nazi.

Grand Shriner Eblis O'Shaughnessy's Avatar
    Something must be wrong with the time zone settings on my profile, for the posts I'm seeing this late in the day, or something.

I will say that McCain's concession speech was well done and far classier than his typical supporters could ever hope to be.

TM
    fuck i got zinged

Quote Originally Posted by Eblis O'Shaughnessy View Post
    I will say that McCain's concession speech was well done and far classier than his typical supporters could ever hope to be.
    Agree with this, he conceded in a gracious and magnanimous fashion.

Next question: Can McCain still win his 2010 Senate election? Oh yes, this thread still lives.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

my avatar is a parody Rabid Monkey's Avatar
    From what I understand, he will have a very hard time. Really, though, he wanted the Presidency. With Obama winning, there's a very slim chance than McCain will be able to become president, ever. There's a chance (admittedly a small one) that he simply won't run for re-election again, especially if it looks to be a hard-win campaign.

I came, I saw, I levelled up. FF1WithAllThieves's Avatar
    Well, McCain is pretty old, and politics are stressful. I think his doctor might tell him not to run (not that that'll change anything). There's no way we're gonna have legitimate discussion of this for two full years, though. Not very much to talk about.
    Johannes Brahms is God.

Yes, he can! 8D

Sorry for the lame joke, but I couldn't resist.

On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    I don't know if this will be frowned upon by mods because it's nearly a month old, but I've been flicking through old threads and noticed that I didn't reply to this. TC and duo, I understand if you don't want to continue discussing this, because let's face it, the topic's pretty dead. But just for the sake of argument anyway, and because I find this an interesting subject......

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    It is perfectly reasonable to use science in order to argue against God if you are making scientific claims for the existence of God. For example, the argument from "irreducible complexity" or things along those lines are attempting to use scientific findings to prove the existence of God. Likewise, the claim that God must exist as He created the world, aside from being a poor argument, is also directly testable using science. If proponents for ID wanted a theological discussion on evolution then, by all means, the discussion should be held on a theological basis. But if they discuss science then science must come into it.
    I accept that, but that's not really what Duo was saying. Duo was saying that discussing creationism in science classes would be taking religion out of its acceptable context. I pointed out that if he was going to argue that, then in order to be consistent he would also have to argue against Dawkins too. I'm perfectly OK with people using scientific arguments against God's existence, even if I don't think science makes religious belief obsolete. (I'm also fine with the alternative view that science and religion have their own contexts and should not exceed those, but you can't have your cake and eat it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Some of the claims of ID are falsifiable and have, accordingly, been proven false. However, the major claim - that God or some higher power created the universe and everything in it - is entirely untestable and thus unfalsifiable.
    Not necessarily. If you prove that the universe has no beginning (an idea that existed in scientific thought for a while in the form of the Steady State theory of the universe) then for me you disprove God's existence, at least as far as creationist thought is concerned, since the act of creation implies that creation happened at some point, which would be inconsistent with said theory. Pantheism wouldn't necessarily be affected by such findings, but then it has little to do with creationsim or ID. They are both falsifiable, but are vague and flexible enough to avoid being falsified by most potential criticisms.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345