Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dsguardian

Thread: Calling all movie fans!

Night Flight Lieutenant dsguardian's Avatar

Calling all movie fans!

Hey fellow shriners! Just wanted to give you a heads-up on something I've been working on lately. (This is a prime example of why my wife says I have way too much time on my hands.) I just started a new Facebook page called Movie Anniversaries. Allow me to explain.

I was thinking to myself the other day about how some pretty big milestone anniversaries are coming up for films like "Star Wars" (Episode IV), E.T., Blade Runner, etc, etc. It kind of got me thinking about a way to "celebrate" some of the different anniversaries for movies that we've all grown up with, and what possible anniversaries would be coming up this year. And that's how Movie Anniversaries was born.

The rules are simple. Each movie "celebrated" will be at least ten years old, the anniversary will be to the exact date the movie was released to the public (some older movies are sometimes a bit harder to pin down, since they may have been released in the U.K. first, then to the U.S. a few months later (for instance, "Dr. No" and "From Russia, With Love")), and the anniversaries will be in multiples of 5 (i.e., 20 years, 25 years, 30 years, etc.).

I just launched the page and, just as an example, today (3/13/12) marks the 20th anniversary of "My Cousin Vinny", the 25th anniversary of "Evil Dead 2", and the 70th anniversary of "The Ghost of Frankenstein".

So that's basically it. It's going to be a really cool time capsule that celebrates our love of movies. We'll celebrate some great films, some pretty good films, and even a few so-bad-I-just-have-to-include-it films.

So if you're on Facebook, just go to [Hidden link. Register to see links.] and click Like. Hope to see you there!
    TheSparktankô 2.1 likes this.

Onion Kid
    sounds cool

Nice idea, liked.

Just on a side note though, could you make it clear somewhere that the dates for each entry are in American format as it could cause a little confusion.

God only knows why it is month/day/year over there.
    Still in search of forgiveness |[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Night Flight Lieutenant dsguardian's Avatar
    Umm... don't know. That's just the way we do things around here. For us, it looks strange when we see it as day/month/year.