View Poll Results: Who was the worst villian?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kefka

0 0%
  • Sephiroth

2 7.14%
  • Edea

10 35.71%
  • Ultimecia

2 7.14%
  • Seifer

0 0%
  • Kuja

1 3.57%
  • Seymour

6 21.43%
  • LeBlanc

2 7.14%
  • Elemental Fiends

0 0%
  • Other

5 17.86%

Thread: Worst Villian

Rebel without a cause The Joker's Avatar

Worst Villian

Who did you think the worst villian in any FF was?

I seriously disliked LeBlanc. She came off stupid the entire time and not once, did I find her remotely funny.

So this is how liberty dies - with thunderous applause.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

pedo mc tax me softly, black person (whom i love)'s Avatar
    I personally think it's Edea, mainly because she later becomes an ally for a while in the game, then becomes an NPC with almost no role afterwards.

And, apparently, a bunch of other folks agree with me, but they didn't post...

Going with LeBlanc aswell. She wasn't even ment to be a major villian however, she was just a small time villian till Vegnagun came in.
    The Disciples of the Four : The Earth Master

Level 2 Padawan under Luke Skywalker. (Opal Lightsaber)
    ___

Family -

Father:
    Ieatmako

Brothers:
    The Immortal
    FFFanatic
    ___

LeBlanc, sucked ass

It's elementary, my dear Jiro. Wattson's Avatar
    I voted other... the boss of Mystic Quest is the worst villian.... I don't remember knowing anything about him until the final battle where I slayed him with 3 Cures...

That guy was.. weak

0344-8976-5815
    the artist formerly known as pt/bs/mr.wp/anf

Grand Shriner
    Seymour, hes just gay

PM for a sig/Avatar Azwethinkweiz's Avatar
    i just have to say that Necron from FF9 was a prick he only appeared right at the end for no reason except to make the game slightly longer (either way FF9 is still one of my favourites)

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    I'd have to say Seymour, all he ever did was annoy me.

Edea - I don't count her because she was never really a villain, only possessed/controlled, kinda sorta like Brahne in FFIX, only Brahne was worse because apparently she was already had greedy / bad tendencies to begin with.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

i want to say x-death from v .. but kefka is also a ... (vilgehk yccruma) jerk
    That which yields, is not always weak

Isn't that for technogeeks, with spreadsheets? DREAM BUSCEMI RAPE BEAR ETC's Avatar
    Seymour. He wasn't very, uh... evil... really. Or well, maybe he was, but he struck me as far too camp at the same time. ;D

Jimmy Carr in Jamaican Accent: "Jamaica" Bahamut ZERO's Avatar
    Seymour was a good villain, because he just pissed me off no end, and all I wanted to do was just smack him over the head with Auron's sword really, really hard until he stopped blighting my screen with his presence.

Yeah, so I'm saying he's good because I hated him~

In terms of the game itself, I suppose X-Death was a good villain, because of the amount of people he slayed, destroying villages and stuff just to demonstrate his power. Although I never connected with him as a character.

Kefka was just sublimely evil and insane. Destroying the world is always a good way to come across as such.

Sephiroth was pretty cool, but the game moves away from him as main villain for a bit. The game was cool because it had two plots working side by side.

Edea's probably the worst villain, because you only fight her for two disks and then it turns out she was possessed and such.

Although I hate LeBlanc with a passion as well. She annoyed me quite a lot by looking a lot like a tramp, and not really doing anything to impact the game other than look like Yuna.

Ein rockbares Palindrom!
    It's unfair to include LeBlanc but leave out any other villain of her kind. She was not a main villain like Sephiroth, Kuja, Kefka etc, but a comedy relief kind of villain, who also have a long tradition in Final Fantasy games. Where's Ultros, Gilgamesh, the Turks in this list? They're of her kind!

Anyway, I vote for Sephiroth because he started so well but in the end disappointed me with his lack of personality.

Isn't that for technogeeks, with spreadsheets? DREAM BUSCEMI RAPE BEAR ETC's Avatar
    The Turks weren't completely comic relief.

Ein rockbares Palindrom!
    Yeah, excuse me a hundred times, they weren't purely comic relief, but rather comic relief. T_T

Pardon?

The Turks weren't just jokey characters. That's what "comic relief" would imply. The one that was bad at her job (it's been too long, I forget names), sure. One or two of them were pretty good/important characters, as well as providing some lighter entertainment. But there's no comparison between them and a bumbling character like Ultros.

well, as I remember... I don't remember the game in much detail so... :(

Ein rockbares Palindrom!
    Don't overreact. I wasn't planning on insulting the Turks and I especially didn't intend to start a discussion on them.
    I was trying to make a point concerning LeBlanc. LeBlanc isn't a purely comic relief character either, so there. But like the turks she's there to oppose your party from time to time without it being TOO serious. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

Originally posted by Misao
    LeBlanc isn't a purely comic relief character either, so there.
    I wouldn't know. I just wouldn't think of the Turks as comic relief so much as another set on enemies, really. Plus that's hardly an overreaction, I'm always like that.

Ein rockbares Palindrom!
    Well, just accept this: There are two kinds of villains. The really serious kind that's usually trying to destroy the world, and killing characters; and the kind that you fight every now and then, but that's actually not a real threat to anyone, not totally evil and certainly not interested in trying to destroy anything or anyone.

And while Sephiroth, Kuja, Seymour, Kefka are the one kind, LeBlanc and the turks are the other. I called them comic relief characters because they make you smile or laugh RATHER than the first kind of characters. Didn't the Turks make you smile every now and then?
    So, and it's unfair to compare LeBlanc to this first kind of villain. She doesn't belong in this group.

Well, I know very well she was attempted to be in that category, but not once did I ever actually get any comic relief. She just annoyed me and was a stupid addition to FFX-2, the game probably would've been better off without her.

Ein rockbares Palindrom!
    Well, yes yes, I know I know . And Ultros never amused me, but I'm not saying that FFVI would have been better off without him because I accept the possibility that maybe someone else had fun with him.
    So what?

Not especially, they were sometimes funny, but I think secondary villians would be a more apt description than comic relief. That was something I liked about FF7, at the time, anyways. Unlike, say, 6, there were numerous sides with different goals. Sure, Sephiroth was destroy-the-world man, but you also had Shinra and the different members of it, Soldier, the Turks.. all that. And the Turks were more interested in doing their job. They had a different, less serious (slash stupid) goal than Sephiroth. And that was... um, pretty interesting, at the time. They weren't as big a threat as the main villain, but neither were they complete jokes like Ultros.

BUT, that's just a very specific thing, and I know what you mean.

If LeBlanc had actually been funny , or done what she was intended to do, I wouldn't have said the game would've been better off without her. But I seriously doubt anyone got a major laugh out of her...

Originally posted by Gandalf
    If LeBlanc had actually been funny , or done what she was intended to do, I wouldn't have said the game would've been better off without her. But I seriously doubt anyone got a major laugh out of her...
    hey don't...

wait a sec.. i forgot your gay... never mind.. i guess i can excuse you

as for any one who's not a gay male

Hey don't diss a chick with big boobs whearing practically nothing

Zeden, the Warrior Princess Felch_master's Avatar
    Ultimecia is crap in my opinion. I dont rate ff8 very highly either. She's barely in it and as an actual boss she is shoddy.
    This is my mum and dad, I come from a special family...
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] LOOKIE HERE MA!