Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy games are getting worse

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    I'm gonna be lying awake at night wondering how you went from this:
    Quote Originally Posted by 4444444444 View Post
    FFXII is utter shit. It looks great. It really looks pretty m****fuckin good, but its just a lame copy of Star Wars with no actual characters. Even they are copies. There is no even protagonist on the game. I played it for 10 hours, then sold it. FFXII is only beautiful gore.
    To this:
    *Back in the days with FF7 and FF5*
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Fei...I am your father ! yanneilucia's Avatar
    FFXII is utter shit. It looks great. It really looks pretty m****fuckin good, but it just a lame copy of Star Wars with no actual characters. Even they are copies. There is no even protagonist on the game. I played it for 10 hours, then sold it. FFXII is only beautiful gore.

*Back in the days with FF7 and FF5*
    He reminds me of ME. I still didn't complete it, so I can't attack or defend it. All I can say is that I hate it's music and like it's battle system, so far.

Anyway, could you please explain how can you judge the game, based on 10 hours of gameplay. I never judge games that I didn't finish on all endings.

P.S. I'm not attacking you, I'm just curious...
    Trauma is the greatest inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by yanneilucia View Post
    He reminds me of ME. I still didn't complete it, so I can't attack or defend it. All I can say is that I hate it's music and like it's battle system, so far.

Anyway, could you please explain how can you judge the game, based on 10 hours of gameplay. I never judge games that I didn't finish on all endings.

P.S. I'm not attacking you, I'm just curious...
    If it takes more than 10 hours for a game to develop into something enjoyable, then there's something seriously amiss.
    New Sig under construction

Played game 10 hours and nothing happened. That's why i sold it; it was boring, and I think it's a bad game if hasn't started after 10 hours. Only random fighting so far. OK, it was fun, by the time, but where was the plot?? Still one of the most beautiful games in ps2 videogame history.

The plot of FF12:
    A guy, who wants to be a skypirate (Luke Skywalker),
    living on a desert city (Tatooine), meets a princes, whos father has been killed (Leia). Skypirate with half-human-half-animal sidekick (Solo + Chewie) get involded. Evil Empire + badass Wizard-whatever-soldier...and so on
    "This is a world getting progressively worse. Can we not agree on that?"

Fei...I am your father ! yanneilucia's Avatar
    good point though, I'm already playing for 40 hours and still...
    BUT... you see, when I started to play ff7, I didn't enjoy it for first 12 hours. Frankley I thought it sucked. After I finished it, it took place as my best ff ever. So I always finish the game, if for nothing else, then to be able to comment on all of it's bad sides. But I can understand if someone doesn't have nerves for that. It can be really painfull.

Played game 10 hours and nothing happened. That's why i sold it; it was boring, and I think it's a bad game if hasn't started after 10 hours. Only random fighting so far. OK, it was fun, by the time, but where was the plot?? Still one of the most beautiful games in videogame history.

The plot of FF12:
    living on a desert city (Tatooine), meets a princes, whos father has been killed (Leia). Skypirate with half-human-half-animal sidekick (Solo + Chewie) get involded. Evil Empire + badass Wizard-whatever-soldier...and so on
    But with Harrision Ford and James Earl Jones in the mix, you can conclude that Star Wars > FF12

Quote Originally Posted by yanneilucia View Post
    good point though, I'm already playing for 40 hours and still...
    BUT... you see, when I started to play ff7, I didn't enjoy it for first 12 hours. Frankley I thought it sucked. After I finished it, it took place as my best ff ever. So I always finish the game, if for nothing else, then to be able to comment on all of it's bad sides. But I can understand if someone doesn't have nerves for that. It can be really painfull.
    Good grief! That's like eating shit at an all-you-can-eat buffet and eventually concluding that it tastes like chocolate.

IMO after ff8 the whole series went down the drain. Well FF9 was alright too i guess, it just seemed alittle to kiddish for me - so I personally am not much of a fan.

Why are they becoming bad? I believe final fantasy has lost its soul, when it was under square soft it was awesome, square enix kind of ruined the essence of final fantasy. Sure it brought better graphics, but storylines are lacking, and there trying too many different things. They should stick with what the FF series is known for, what gained its popularity, after all it made it go this far.

The FF series needs to reclaim its soul. I fully agree with the OP.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    lol

How many of these anti-Enix dummies are out there? Also, mega-FAIL for calling FFIX kiddish. FFVII and FFVIII are the ones that were kiddish, you ignoramus.

Quote Originally Posted by TempleKnight View Post
    and there trying too many different things. .

Holy grammar Batman!!

I agree with prak on the calling IX childish. Also, i don't believe its lost its "soul". I think the change of direction XII took for example was fresh and innovative. They needed to branch out on how the games were a little. If you want to stick with the same old thing forever. That's your choice.

But I don't think you can claim the games are getting worse, just because they don't appeal to you.

i had nothing against the playing system (what ever) of FFXII but its plot was too poor

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    It should be noted that FF X was developed entirely by Squaresoft. So your argument about Square-Enix and the graphics is completely false.

And there is nothing in FFIX that is more childish than the other games in the series, except for its superficial look.

On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    Played game 10 hours and nothing happened. That's why i sold it; it was boring, and I think it's a bad game if hasn't started after 10 hours. Only random fighting so far. OK, it was fun, by the time, but where was the plot?? Still one of the most beautiful games in ps2 videogame history.

The plot of FF12:
    Bear in mind that the game takes some 120 hours to complete. 10 hours is nothing. I'd barely reached Bhujerba by 10 hours. That's a good 95% of the game left to go. The plot and characters will reveal themselves in due course.

As for the Star Wars similarities, they're really nothing more than very superficial. When you get to meet more of the characters later, you might change your view.

XII tends to polarise opinion, but considering virtually everyone who criticises it here has not actually played past around halfway, I'd say my generally positive view of the game is relatively unchallenged. If critics of the game don't like the fact that its emphasis is more on a good battle system and interesting bosses, so what? Most of you have still yet to find actual flaws with the game beyond personal distaste. There are flaws, of course, and I'm happy to acknowledge that fact, but most people seem to be basing their dislike of XII on the usual 'plot/characters suck' and/or '1st ten hourz is crap lol' lines, which is what annoys me.

Also, those views have little to back them up. Unless you spend a needlessly long time training or hunting marks, the game flows pretty smoothly for the first 10 hours, and there is some actually some early character development there, particularly concerning Vaan.

It's only really at the Leviathan, and then the subsequent trek through the Sandsea, that any problems with the pacing are particularly obvious. And, I suppose, for a while later in the game, when you trek to Archades.

I know we don't agree on everything as far as FF XII goes, but I have to agree about your rant about the people complaining about the game.

I believe that along with FFIX, VI and IV, FF XII is the game in the series that have the least flaws. I'm usually more forgivable than you when it comes to the LP system, because I see it more as a difficulty tweaking gone casual, more than an actual flaw of the system as such.

But you're right when you mention the pacing and the way everything runs smoothly if you don't farm or complete every side quests.

Personally, I don't think the Leviathan, Sandsea or any other parts of the game have any pacing problems. I like when there is long dungeons in the games I play. And since FF XII have an engaging battle system, it makes the many long dungeons less tedious than when you have to get into random battles every 5 seconds like in previous entries.

In any case, I totally agree with you when you say people should have played through the whole thing before ranting.

Guys, if a game takes ten+ hours to become interesting, then something is seriously wrong, regardless of what it may be like toward the end. What you're doing is like saying that someone's wrong for complaining about a shit-covered cherry not being good because they didn't get through the shit to the cherry beneath it. When I taste shit (metaphorically speaking, as I have never truly tasted shit) I spit it out, as do most sensible people.

I've just finished X and so i'm going back to try and fully complete XII, hopefully this time I can get into the story more.
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Prak View Post
    Guys, if a game takes ten+ hours to become interesting, then something is seriously wrong, regardless of what it may be like toward the end. What you're doing is like saying that someone's wrong for complaining about a shit-covered cherry not being good because they didn't get through the shit to the cherry beneath it. When I taste shit (metaphorically speaking, as I have never truly tasted shit) I spit it out, as do most sensible people.
    Yeah. . . I don't see how Final Fantasy compares to shit.

oh yeah, and rpgs take commitment and if you're giving up after 10 hours, i don't see how you've beaten rpgs in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by thej.master View Post
    Yeah. . . I don't see how Final Fantasy compares to shit.

oh yeah, and rpgs take commitment and if you're giving up after 10 hours, i don't see how you've beaten rpgs in the past.
    He (or she) gave up for a reason. Most of the series gets into the story a lt faster than XII. If FF games didn't have such good stories I probably wouldn't like them anywhere near as much.

Final Fantasy is one of the most inconsistent franchises in gaming history. It has certainly had some entries that can't be considered anything but shit.

And as for commitment, a game has an obligation to be fun from the start. If it fails to do that, it reflects bad design and a failure of the game to fulfill its fundamental purpose, to entertain.

My analogy holds. If you even want to argue with it, I will call you a moron. You can bite through the shit if you're that determined to get to the cherry, but instead of ragging on people who didn't do it, maybe you should find the fundamental malfunction in your own mind that makes you want to do it.

whatever. all I know is that i still like final fantasy. thats all that matters to me

Fine. Like it all you want, but understand that when you spout fancunt bullshit, you will have a new asshole drilled into your face. Speak rationally or be prepared for the consequences.

Fine. Like it all you want, but understand that when you spout fancunt bullshit, you will have a new asshole drilled into your face. Speak rationally or be prepared for the consequences.
    So are you saying that you don't like final fantasy?

I just said that it's completely inconsistent. Basic reading comprehension skills would tell you that means I've found something in the series to like. Maybe an exercise of common sense is too much to ask of you though, eh?

I just said that it's completely inconsistent. Basic reading comprehension skills would tell you that means I've found something in the series to like. Maybe an exercise of common sense is too much to ask of you though, eh?
    *sigh* Just when I thought you had become nicer.

I get more aggressive when you guys get more retarded. Be less retarded and I'll be nicer.

The ten+ hours to become interesting is subjective, as I founf the game to be interesting from the start.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast