Thread: [Final Fantasy Tactics] Were the Lucavi necessary to the plot? *SPOILERS*

[Final Fantasy Tactics] Were the Lucavi necessary to the plot? *SPOILERS*

I had yet to play Tactics Ogre but I just got to wonder about the Lucavi being in the game. The game could had been a little longer but I felt that the Lucavi weren't really necessary to the plot at all. I pretty much enjoyed the politics and intrigue in the game but the Lucavi demons pretty much felt out of place in the story even if they are only using the Zodiac stones as conduit. Could FFT work without the Lucavi and St. Ajora?
    Guernsey Adams Pierre

Want video game soundtacks? Go this site here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Come and see my MySpace: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Watch my YouTube Videos: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

It would be a One-Sided Story if it didn't have the Lucavi & the St. Ajora.

You see, the game has 2 stories that connect each other and has 2 POV's.

Ramza, which is the POV that serves as proxy for the Player as well. And it's the side of the story that resolves the Supernatural aspect of the storyline, the stuff that happens beyond the curtains.

The Other POV is the One of Delita that it's related with all the Political Intrigue and Civil War.

The only real issue I have with FFT Storyline is that there's no clear intention or reasons of why resurrect St. Ajora. and it's seems a little bit of cop out that the justifiaction of the Templar Knights to orchestrate the events is because they need absurdly amounts of bloodshed in order to succeed in performing the ritual for the resurrection.

I don't feel these elements out of place. But I find it a bit dissapointing how the final revelation was handled. But what can I say. Flaws are expected to be found. And these kind of things are common coin in JRPG's. Half way to the game you're dropped into a quest of saving the world by a ridiculous plot twist.

I Love FFT all the same. There's a lot of Depth on the Characters and Themes that the game touches. And save for that thing. The Storyline is still fucking Brilliant.
    V for Valhalla

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Topo basically summed it up, but also from I understood the
    Spoiler!

The idea of the Zodiac Braves was given further embellishment in the PSP remake in order to tie it into the 'Ivalice Alliance' games (especially FFXII), by making them the
    Spoiler!
    enkffxisig-new-small

I feel the opposite even if it is a JRPG cliche, I feel as though that they could had stuck with somehting else other than the Lucavi plot. Although I do agree that they needed some justification as to why they needed to do this to revive Ajora.