Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: First RPG?

Shriner
    Paper Mario TTYD... in the 3rd grade. That game will be my favorite game until I die...

Onion Kid
    Landstalker and Shinning Force

Grand Shriner
    Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. If I played a RPG before that game, then I wouldn't remember it.

It was Final Fantasy VI that really got me into RPGs.

Onion Kid
    Neverwinter Nights ;p

Very good map editor

Chrono Trigger...ah...twas amazing, my friend, especially picking it up having no idea what limitless excitement, adventure, emotion, and passion was condensed into that cartridge...Internet Language Translation:OMFG IT WAS THE SHIZ BRAH!

Freedom Force & FF7

Freedom Force,my first superhero Video RPG and FF7&8 I played them on the PSOne.
    "Someone's been practicing--and without an manual."
    Sinestro,GREEN LANTERN FIRST FLIGHT
    Reggie2602

For me, it was Gothic. Great atmosphere, cool story, good graphics and music (especially Main Theme and Old Camp Theme). I still remember hunting in the woods at night, ever-vigilant and praying with every step that I won't meet a Shadow Beast. Many RPG's followed since, but Gothic is and always will be a kind of legend for me.

Despite playing D&D for over a decade, never played one until Lunar Silver Star Story on the Sega CD. Had so much fun with it I played through it again trying to find all the stuff and been a fan since.
    "Mar-ty's Bet-ter... *clap-clap-clapclapclap* Mar-ty's Bet-ter..."

My earliest, as far as I can recall... Final Fantasy VI for SNES. I didn't own an SNES myself, but I went over to a friend's house and played the game often.

Grand Shriner
    My first RPG, that I remember playing (and being my game) was Thousand Arms. Lunar: Eternal Blue closely followed, but that's the first RPG I distinctly remember playing. (It could have been Tales of Destiny, but I remember getting my PS1 for Christmas w/Thousand Arms.)

Onion Kid
    Probably Pokemon Yellow, when I got my Gameboy in primary school. And when I got a pc that could play games, Ahriman's Prophecy(I love that game). And then Neverwinter Nights.

Final Fantasy IX.
    I never got a chance to play any of them until IX came out. I always had to watch my siblings play them up until then.
    For some reason they never played IX. So I played it and I fell in love with the series.

Pokémon: Gold Version.
    Last edited by Roast Chicken; 02-26-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    ż?

I don't think I remember!

I think it was Final Fantasy I or Dragon Warrior I. o.o;;

Onion Kid
    Gothic 1.

With a novel, large and intricate set of societies, coupled with excellent graphics and sound, Gothic becomes one of the most immersive and believable single-play adventure/RPGs ever.

Shriner
    Final Fantasy 7 in 1997.
    I was shocked, seriously.

Onion Kid
    Chrono Trigger

Onion Kid
    Azure Dreams. Creepy angel baby almost turned me off from playing lol.

A Wrestler With A Spirit Of Two Champions Onkarian's Avatar
    My first RPG as far as i remember was Final Fantasy VII. I didn't beat it until i grow up. After that i beat it several times, defeating every Ultimate Weapon bosses as well, getting all limit breaks and ultimate weapons for characters.

In my opinion, for the end of 20th century everything was perfect there, music, gameplay, 3D graphics, storyline and atmosphere. Liked it very much from that very day i met this game and until nowadays.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    My first is Suikoden 2, and it was by far one of the best RPGs I've ever played, surpassing modern Eastern RPGs. I love their great music, battle feels, and simple gameplay, which is one of my references for me at game making.

Onion Kid
    pokemon red,
    i still remember scanning the internet of 1998 for "hacks" to get mew...it wouldn't work

Onion Kid
    Some how or another, the gameshark code to find Mew in the wild in red and blue (or maybe just one of the two, forgot) has stuck with me for years., 0115D8CF.

When I was in maybe 1st or 2nd grade I rented and borrowed a ton of different games, which would include my first RPGs Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, and I think FF4. I didn't really understand any of them at the time, but eh.

First RPG I actually played and understood was maybe FF8 I think, or possibly pokemon red.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
    melodies of life

Final Fantasy VII

well some ppl consider it an RPG and some people don't Zelda- A link to the past -the moment i pulled the master sword out of the stone alter... This game got me hooked on RPG even if you don't consider it an RPG, im sure theres some of you out there that feel the same way i do.....But yeah Zelda is where it all began for me!