Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: best rpg you've played?

You can hear it also.. the voice of the wind Black Paladin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Guado
    Is tales of symphonia the second kingdom hearts game. .
    Uh no, it is a Namco RPG for Gamecube belonging to the tales series

Milk? MILK? You're giving me milk you hussie dark phoenix's Avatar
    Is tales of symphonia the second kingdom hearts game. Also, what level do thing would be ideal to be on while fighting Malficients second form, the first was extremely easy. I'm on lvl 47 and she spanks me every time, i've also got the metal chocabo equiped its my strongest at 37 i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Paladin
    Uh no, it is a Namco RPG for Gamecube belonging to the tales series
    Ok i dont see how it would be the second Kingdom hearts game and BP answered the rest

Also if you don't have this for the gamecube i suggest you get it because it is a class rpg

Ok.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Level 70 Night Elf Druid iceberg325's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix
    Ok i dont see how it would be the second Kingdom hearts game and BP answered the rest

Also if you don't have this for the gamecube i suggest you get it because it is a class rpg
    Tales of symphonia is not that great. Far from a classic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg325
    Tales of symphonia is not that great. Far from a classic IMO.
    I thought it was better than a few final fantasies. Why what is the problem with it?

Also i like your avatar

I thought it was better than a few final fantasies. Why what is the problem with it?

Also i like your avatar
    Thanks.. I didnt like the battle system and I really didnt care for the characters or bosses. IMO there was nothing in it that was memorable. I aslo hated how you see your monsters as these ugly black blobs or whatever they are. If thats the case namco stuck to rpg formula and had random battles. But its just my opinion.

Now the questions goes the other way, what was so great about it?

Thanks.. I didnt like the battle system and I really didnt care for the characters or bosses. IMO there was nothing in it that was memorable. I aslo hated how you see your monsters as these ugly black blobs or whatever they are. If thats the case namco stuck to rpg formula and had random battles. But its just my opinion.

Now the questions goes the other way, what was so great about it?
    You know i liked the battle system (i guess it is like Marmite) some of the bosses looked cool (don't tell me who they are i don't remember the names ask BP he might know) the music was good. I liked the way the story kept twisting to make you think more. I liked some of the characters like Kratos. (he was my fav) It was simpler how to get moves and the unison attack was handy when you were nearly out of TP. Fair enough they lacked on the imagination department for random enemies but it would be hard to make over 150 enemies look different.

You know i liked the battle system (i guess it is like Marmite) some of the bosses looked cool (don't tell me who they are i don't remember the names ask BP he might know) the music was good. I liked the way the story kept twisting to make you think more. I liked some of the characters like Kratos. (he was my fav) It was simpler how to get moves and the unison attack was handy when you were nearly out of TP. Fair enough they lacked on the imagination department for random enemies but it would be hard to make over 150 enemies look different.
    Im not sure how many monsters FF games average but there are alot. Although some repeat from game to game. Im not saying too many monsters lacked imagination, I just didnt like the monsters you run into on the map or throughout dungeons before you get into battle. I didnt finish the game, I lost interest pretty fast. I was really excited about this game too. I was just disappointed.

Im not sure how many monsters FF games average but there are alot. Although some repeat from game to game. Im not saying too many monsters lacked imagination, I just didnt like the monsters you run into on the map or throughout dungeons before you get into battle..
    Yeah i know what you mean. I hated running away from blobs. it was kinda retarded. It would have been harder to make it that you ran into the monster you were fighting you know.

Yeah i know what you mean. I hated running away from blobs. it was kinda retarded. It would have been harder to make it that you ran into the monster you were fighting you know.
    Yeah thats why they should have just done the whole random battle thing. Its far from being the worse RPG. I guess my expectations were too high. I liked it much better than star ocean 3 though.

Yeah thats why they should have just done the whole random battle thing. Its far from being the worse RPG. I guess my expectations were too high. I liked it much better than star ocean 3 though.
    Yeah some reason just there now i forgot about the random battle system. They should have included that that would be much better

Well ToS was memorable for me because of a number of reasons. the musical score for one, which i believed to be very inspired and the 'real time battles' which kept the pace going and is a freash change from the turn based systems that we are all familair with. Then take into account the in-game jokes, such as the collet love/sacrafice thing and it is one memorable game, If anyone does play this then they will know what it mean when I say that it has some very interesting twists near the end

Well ToS was memorable for me because of a number of reasons. the musical score for one, which i believed to be very inspired and the 'real time battles' which kept the pace going and is a freash change from the turn based systems that we are all familair with. Then take into account the in-game jokes, such as the collet love/sacrafice thing and it is one memorable game, If anyone does play this then they will know what it mean when I say that it has some very interesting twists near the end
    You forgot the way that collete falls at the wrong time and something bad happens to the enemy

....Yeah. i forgot
    Quote Originally Posted by Irvybabe
    Lol maybe you should come with a warning sign:
    I am Paladin Noobs Beware.

Ein Fahrender Ritter Valerie Valens's Avatar
    Is tales of symphonia the second kingdom hearts game.
    Once again, Seymour Guano proves that stupidity and ignorance is indeed infinite.

On Topic : While I may be a hardcore fan of the Tales series, I'd say that Symphonia is the "FF7" of the series ; So grossly overrated, it's not funny. The 3-D nature of the game made for a nice change and the way attacks chain is quite interesting, but aside from that, there's nothing revolutionary about the game. I'd easily pick earlier released titles Eternia or Destiny 2 over Symphonia. Especially Destiny 2, the Trust and Tactical LBS really did wonders in balancing out the gameplay by limiting the amount of attacks the player can carry out in one go, that means less cheap combos to be exploited. (Spirit Gauge, Max TP variable to position in battle, guard strike etc)
    Stupidity of the year 2008 :

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    I am sorry, but does my predicament offend you, TK? You seem overly bitter. Why? Because I only work three hours a day? Because your life seems way more stressed compared to me?

I'm sorry, but you know absolutely nothing about me, and certainly not enough to look down your nose at me and my problems. And that goes for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan-Michele
    Once again, Seymour Guano proves that stupidity and ignorance is indeed infinite.

On Topic : While I may be a hardcore fan of the Tales series, I'd say that Symphonia is the "FF7" of the series ; So grossly overrated, it's not funny. The 3-D nature of the game made for a nice change and the way attacks chain is quite interesting, but aside from that, there's nothing revolutionary about the game. I'd easily pick earlier released titles Eternia or Destiny 2 over Symphonia. Especially Destiny 2, the Trust and Tactical LBS really did wonders in balancing out the gameplay by limiting the amount of attacks the player can carry out in one go, that means less cheap combos to be exploited. (Spirit Gauge, Max TP variable to position in battle, guard strike etc)
    LOL Seymour does prove that doesn't he.
    I didn't really like the Eternity game and i haven't seen the other games in any shop sadly

I thought thats what they might of called the second one. I don't keep up with every video game that comes out so sorry if I made a mistake.

Death is but a whisper away. Calgar's Avatar
    well they called the second one chain of memories and if you are thinking of kingdom of hearts 2 it does not have an additional name

I didn't know that, I just started playing the first one.

well now you know

Quote Originally Posted by Calgar
    well they called the second one chain of memories and if you are thinking of kingdom of hearts 2 it does not have an additional name
    Kigdom of hearts ROFL

Kigdom of hearts ROFL
    i keep getting that wrong damn

You know, I've yet to play any Tales of game, but I really want to play Destiny and Destiny 2, since I've heard so much good about them.

Anyways, best RPG I've played. =\ Well Disgaea is easily the best SRPG I've ever played (and although I haven't played the sequel yet, I hear it's actually better than the first). But not taking into account the Strategy RPGs like that, I'd prolly have to say Valkyrie Profile or Growlanser 2 are my favorite RPGs. Oh! Ogre Battle 64 also holds a special place in my heart. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBladeOmega
    You know, I've yet to play any Tales of game, but I really want to play Destiny and Destiny 2, since I've heard so much good about them.

Anyways, best RPG I've played. =\ Well Disgaea is easily the best SRPG I've ever played (and although I haven't played the sequel yet, I hear it's actually better than the first). But not taking into account the Strategy RPGs like that, I'd prolly have to say Valkyrie Profile or Growlanser 2 are my favorite RPGs. Oh! Ogre Battle 64 also holds a special place in my heart. ^_^
    I absolutley LOVE!!!!!!!!!! DISGAEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! classic game!!!!!!!!!! Ive always wanted Ogre battle for 64, is it really good?

The best rpg I played must been... Either Star Ocean The Second Story or Vandal Hearts 2... Vandal Hearts 2 was the first rpg game I bought ^___^ And I still play it today, and Star Ocean is just a kickass game xD! And of course there is Shadow Hearts and Final Fantasy ^__^
    ~Glorie Dans Le Silence