First thank you to all the gamers out there helping others to not suffer this problem or to work around it.
After about 4 hours of beta testing this game today without pay to find out the core issue regarding "thumbs up", I have found an answer.
I had a save on Act 1 right before Isabella became my friend (5 minutes before) so I used that to do all my testing. After befriending her I recieved the "thumbs up" bonus as expected so I proceeded to the next steps.
1. Went to Merrills house and switched isabella out of my party. Saved then reloaded to find out I did not have the bug. Then I went to hawkes house checked to see that I did not have her bug, reloaded the autosave (entering the house) and still did not recieve this bug.
2. Reloaded Merrills house save (still no thumbs up and she is not in the party) put Isabella back in the party (thumbs up is in abilites screen) then went to hawkes house. Checked status within the house and the thumbs up was still there. So upon exiting the house I put Isabella back in the party went to merrills house, switched Isabella back out, saved then reloaded the save. Save reloaded isabella is not in the party no bug.
3. Repeated all steps in step 2 until "then went to hawkes house". Checked status again and yes isabella thumbs up is there, saved then reloaded the save (the save was in hawks house). Isabella thumbs up is still there. Went back to merrils house with isabella still in party, switched her out then saved and reloaded. Thumbs up bug is there.
4. What caused the bug to start? Reloading a save while Isabella's thumbs up is active inside hawkes residence? Really now ok beta tester lets test this out without pay.
5. Misson "Birthright" in darktown outside anders clinic after step "2". Isabella is in party, saved and then reloaded switched her out saved in then reloaded and no bug. Remember this is right after step 2 so I have not produced the bug yet.
6. Go inside the mission "birthright" (the cellar) with isabella in the party (with no party bug yet) it autosaves. Reload the auto save within the mission, leave mission the go back to darktown next to anders clinic, switch out isabella then save. Reload save (isabella is not in party) and bam thumbs up is there. So what produced the bug? Reloading the autosave inside the mission did it.
7. Did it really? back to step "5". Outside outside anders clinic. Saved with Isabella in the party, reloaded save then switched her out. Saved again then reloaded with no thumbs up bug. Went inside the mission "birthright" without isabella in the party and it auto saves. Reload the auto save checked the ability screen and NO Thumbs up BUG. Left mission back to darktown, saved again reladed save still no bug with this woman not in the party.
8. Ok beta tester you are pretty good...how about you complete the mission with isabella in the party (start of step 5 have not produced bug). Now this misson at the end of it basically forces you to go to the hawkes estate to confront you're uncle. Ok sounds like a plan....completed misson after the convo in hawkes house I check the abilites screen to see thumbs up. Went to merrills house switched isabella out, saved then reloaded...no thumbs up bug.
9. But how?? Was it because you did not save or reload that save within a mission or hawkes place? Yes. Ok what if you went to the wonded coast with isabella in the party, saved, reloaded and went to the docks at day switched her out and reloaded. Would you get the bug then? Yes. Why?
10. If you Reload any save that is inside a mission, hawks resdience, Kirkwall at night or outside the city (sundermount wounded coast) you will recieve the bug with isabella in your party. You can save with her in you're party and not recieve the bug anywhere in kirkwall during the day, merrill and fenris house, darktown. I tested this to death do us part...like you know a free beta tester.
11. Isabella is not in my party right now after I completed the birthright mission. I have no thumbs up bug either after having multiple reloads after saving with her not in the party. You can save AnyWhere at anytime "without" her in the party and not recieve this bug.
Please post this on the PC/360 fourms because I cannot post there (ps3 baby). Have a great and wonderful night!! Hope you enjoyed the show