Page 74 of 257 FirstFirst ... 24646869707172737475767778798084124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 6419
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What are you currently gaming?

  1. #1826
    The Black Saint Silent Shrinning #Infinitum solis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wandering thief
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Toonami Tunes View Post
    Why the hell would they do that? the things got 4 NGC ports why not just use those.
    That's what i thought when i saw it. The only reason i got it was to save battery power and when i saw it i had a classic rage moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    You're just realizing this now, Solis?
    I just got a Wii last month and before that i didn't know a single thing about them. I just knew that what few minutes i played of one at a family member's house i thought "this is awesome, i have to get one of these". Other than that i didn't even know it could play Gamecube games before i got it.

    I pretty much got the hang of how the Wii works and what is out there for it, but nowhere did it say this controller doesn't plug into the Wii itself and it kinda makes me wanna take it back to the store and choke the person with the cord now.

  2. #1827
    Not at the table Carlos discodan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Modesto, CA (NorCal)
    Posts
    1,411
    Just picked up COD World at War 2

    Hitmeup
    discodan209
    ___________________________

    sig limit is 400x150

    "It was once said by a man who couldn't quit...."

  3. #1828
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    lol. I just invested in a set of rechargeable batteries.

  4. #1829
    jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by solis View Post
    I pretty much got the hang of how the Wii works and what is out there for it, but nowhere did it say this controller doesn't plug into the Wii itself and it kinda makes me wanna take it back to the store and choke the person with the cord now.
    A friend of mine who works at a EB Games, has had a customer return with a Wii and throw it at her, while demanding his money back. Of course, turns out the guy was trying to play a PS2 game disc in the machine... and was enraged it wouldn't work. But then, working in retail you see a LOT of idiots...

    Back to topic:

    Xbox 360
    Final Fantasy XI Online (Samurai 75 woot! Now working on Warrior)
    GTAIV (with the two mini expansions)
    Mass Effect

    (I change the majority of games I'm playing on a daily basis, except for FFXIO. That is a huge timesink...)


    The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun


    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  5. #1830
    You took my disk drive. Prepare to die! RAMChYLD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In his geek-hole
    Posts
    2,359
    Added MMMM to the list. So now it's:

    Wii: Major Minor's Majestic March
    PS3: Bejeweled 2 (Saving up for FFXIII)
    PSP: Still a paperweight. Not going to give a damn until the enable support for applications that uses the Extra menu. Pathetic Asian PSP, that's what it is.
    NDS: For the demos from the Nintendo channel. Searching for a copy of Scribblenauts.
    Gentlemen, I have realized that I've been naming my latest-gen consoles after television cats! Now, the question is, why?
    Bootnote: First person who gives me a reply about all my bases belonging to them will be DHCP'd For great justice!
    Bootnote Bootnote: And as of today, I hereby christen my V-Smile Cyber Pocket, Proud Heart. Fits right in with Custard and Bonnet

  6. #1831
    Grand Shriner StillAlive1364's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    182
    Brutal Legend! This game is epic - if you like metal, fighting games, or fantasy, or even just Jack Black, then you will LOVE this It is HILARIOUS! I mean, there is even a dude in the game that flies in the air using his HAIR for crying out loud! Haha :P Love it!

  7. #1832
    ◄Suigintou's henchman► Argus Zephyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The darkest corner of Mavolia
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Toonami Tunes View Post
    Why the hell would they do that? the things got 4 NGC ports why not just use those. Sometimes I can't comprehend nintendo's design choices; N64 expantion pak, the controller layout for N64 & gamecube, the way gamecube was one of the smallest systems yet takes up twice as much space.
    I have never been very fond of the n64 layout either. I like the gamecube one, though. I question the deal with the expansion pak. Did they want to give the system that memory at the time of release but could not pull it off due to tech constraints of that moment? More sales? (most likely) I also question the rumble pack. It should have been integrated already into the controller. AND IT NEEDS BATTERIES. Dammit.
    Click [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for a sexy video of Jennifer Aniston. ;D
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Alternatively,
    If you're an idiot, click [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

    (v ' .')> [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  8. #1833
    jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Argus Zephyrus View Post
    I have never been very fond of the n64 layout either. I like the gamecube one, though. I question the deal with the expansion pak. Did they want to give the system that memory at the time of release but could not pull it off due to tech constraints of that moment? More sales? (most likely) I also question the rumble pack. It should have been integrated already into the controller. AND IT NEEDS BATTERIES. Dammit.
    I found for games like Rogue Squadron and Goldeneye on the N64, the controller performed quite well, same with the NGC Rogue Squadron II and Rogue Squadron III. Only have three games on my NGC now...

    Now I have the urge to dust that console off and play Skies of Arcadia Legends...

  9. #1834
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6
    Currently I'm working to ace some levels of LittleBigPlanet. Playing Final Fantasy VIII on my PSP and Zelda: Spirit Tracks on my DS.

  10. #1835
    ◄Suigintou's henchman► Argus Zephyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The darkest corner of Mavolia
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou Dun View Post
    I found for games like Rogue Squadron and Goldeneye on the N64, the controller performed quite well, same with the NGC Rogue Squadron II and Rogue Squadron III. Only have three games on my NGC now...

    Now I have the urge to dust that console off and play Skies of Arcadia Legends...
    Rogue Squadron and Goldeneye? You have a good point there.
    Well, add Super Mario 64 and Starfox 64 to the list while you're at it, lol.
    I did very much like using my XBox360 controller with Project64 to play Starfox 64. Perfect (almost) emulation controller right there. I had a hard time with the N64 fps games using that controller, though.
    Fortunately, I still have my actual N64 with which I can play several of the fps games including Perfect Dark, Turok 2, Goldeneye, the World is Not Enough, Hexen, and you can somewhat half-count Shadows of the Empire.

    My sister has a Wii, so our NGC is not getting dusted off.
    I wonder if I should keep the NGC for myself once I live alone so that I may at least play Twilight Princess whenever I please. =D

  11. #1836
    Shriner R-Chrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Balkan
    Posts
    44
    Blazing Angels 2 - Secret Missions of WWII

    Quote Originally Posted by tanis_lionheart View Post
    Total_Annihilation

    Older PC game with really nice game play.
    Total Annihilation is one of the most EPIC games ever!!! I don't think people will make a strategy game that awesome ever again.

  12. #1837
    Kibo Custom Tom Toonami Tunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,101
    The 'cube controller absolutely killed the last level in Rogue Squadron, what should have been a satisfyingly difficult test of skill was made just aggravating with the roll button in the same place as the accelerator and add to that the camera pulls back when you speed up suddenly.

    As for the N64 one I never had any real trouble with it until I tried playing shooters on anything that isn't Nintendo, nearly all other console and PC shooters have the right hand as the aim and look function and the left hand as the run and other functions. Having played Star Fox 64, Rogue Squadron series, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Time Splitters 2, and any action game with a first person view I've always used my right hand to run around, open doors, select items and my left hand to look, aim, & shoot.
    Now I have trouble doing it "reversed" because not every game has a lefty set up and often it might take time setting the options.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Misu View Post
    <3 Guys, take note of this. Tom knows how to talk to the ladies. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    I think Neg disqualified jesus and love though.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]


  13. #1838
    I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Land of Entrapment
    Posts
    3,629
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Chrome View Post
    Total Annihilation is one of the most EPIC games ever!!! I don't think people will make a strategy game that awesome ever again.
    It really is a fun game.

    It's RTS w/o all the BS.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  14. #1839
    The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,240
    StarCraft is better.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  15. #1840
    I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Land of Entrapment
    Posts
    3,629
    Quote Originally Posted by execrable gumwrapper View Post
    StarCraft is better.
    Story, yes.

    Game play, I don't know.

  16. #1841
    Shriner R-Chrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Balkan
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by tanis_lionheart View Post
    It really is a fun game.

    It's RTS w/o all the BS.
    it sure is! i also loved the Kingdoms searies. the whole change from sci-fi to medival fantasy was well done! they manged tho keep all the good things from original TA and this time, they added a great storyline!

    Quote Originally Posted by execrable gumwrapper View Post
    StarCraft is better.
    yeah, starcraft had a better story, and had a good gameplay. It was a cool game and I enjojed playing it! But still, I would choose total annihilation over starcraft anytime! the gameplay was addictive and it always seemed more realistic than starcraft. and I played it before starcraft was relesed, so i guess it left a deeper impresion on me.

    whitch one is better? It's a matter of opinion, since both games are constantly on "top 10 greatest strategy games ever" lists.

  17. #1842
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1

  18. #1843
    IDX
    IDX is offline
    Silent Shriner #0
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    5,491
    Initial D: Street Stage

  19. #1844
    Grand Shriner StillAlive1364's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    182
    Got Call of Duty: World at War for Christmas, so I am playing that. It is the first CoD game I actually like! Now I might consider getting Modern Warfare 2...

  20. #1845
    IDX
    IDX is offline
    Silent Shriner #0
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    5,491
    The only good thing about WaW was the Nazi Zombies. I am so sick and tired of WWII based shooters. So I obviously like the Modern Warfare games much better.

    I still think they could just put Nazi Zombies available to download at the Xbox Live Arcade.

  21. #1846
    ◄Suigintou's henchman► Argus Zephyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The darkest corner of Mavolia
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Toonami Tunes View Post
    The 'cube controller absolutely killed the last level in Rogue Squadron, what should have been a satisfyingly difficult test of skill was made just aggravating with the roll button in the same place as the accelerator and add to that the camera pulls back when you speed up suddenly.

    As for the N64 one I never had any real trouble with it until I tried playing shooters on anything that isn't Nintendo, nearly all other console and PC shooters have the right hand as the aim and look function and the left hand as the run and other functions. Having played Star Fox 64, Rogue Squadron series, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Time Splitters 2, and any action game with a first person view I've always used my right hand to run around, open doors, select items and my left hand to look, aim, & shoot.
    Now I have trouble doing it "reversed" because not every game has a lefty set up and often it might take time setting the options.
    Absolutely true about the reversed controls, always annoyed me, but hey, practice makes perfect =P
    When setting up controls in an xbox (not 360, never touched one) shooter, I try to go with a setup similar to those N64 games while on pc, I go with the reveresed setup, using my left hand instead for movement and interacting with the environment since it is what I am to used to. I no longer play consoles very much, so I suck ass at the console shooters now, lol. A little practice would help, but I'm too lazy.

  22. #1847
    Marceline
    Guest
    I got Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes yesterday and was playing it bunches, but it is so good that my DS has been taken over by someone else!

    I have not been in the mood for Spirit Tracks so I've been neglecting it for a while. ; ;

    Currently replaying Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chapters 1-4 and will be playing Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru Chapter 5 the second the english patch is released.

  23. #1848
    ◄Suigintou's henchman► Argus Zephyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The darkest corner of Mavolia
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndi
    I have not been in the mood for Spirit Tracks so I've been neglecting it for a while. ; ;
    Why not? That's too bad. I'm having plenty of fun. And LOL at Zelda in this game. I love the way she freaks out at what happens to her.
    Spoiler!

  24. #1849
    Marceline
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Argus Zephyrus View Post
    Why not? That's too bad. I'm having plenty of fun.
    It isn't the game's fault! I just get moods like this with games sometimes and I have to stop playing for a while and then go back to it.

    Spoiler!


    also, I started Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru Chapter 5 last night. SO AWESOME.

  25. #1850
    Neg
    Neg is offline
    SHIT! Neg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    39,330
    Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 2
    Final Fantasy XII

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •