Page 192 of 255 FirstFirst ... 92142182186187188189190191192193194195196197198202242 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 6357
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: What are you currently gaming?

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by DoDoRay9000 View Post
    Agreed.

In fact, I bet that's the case with The Fight: Lights Out, because I think the reviewer at IGN was probably not paying attention to the instructions that often and was just sucking at the game. That, and he's probably too lazy to play it.
    Wouldn't a reviewer be a reviews a game? no matter if the person is professional or not?

I give reviews of games,and i am pretty damm good at gaming.I keep becoming good at new genres of games.

I didn't used to be good at some survival horrors,and yet i can beat games like resident evil code veronica x without cheating.

I'm sure the nerd has some gaming experience.Everybody who plays games daily has gaming experience.There are different types of experience:

Rpgs:Lots of talking,exploring and learning what to do
    Fps:Even a game like tis one which requires less attempts at figuring out what the hell to do,has some strategy required.
    Survival horror:This game requires a lot of tinking and strategy.I guarantee that you will be wondering around for hours trying to figure out what to do.
    Platform games:Mario has some strategy required.Sure the story is far more simple and kid friendly,but its also enjoyable by adults too.

Wouldn't a reviewer be a reviews a game?
    I'm not sure what you're trying to ask.

Survival horror:This game requires a lot of thinking and strategy.I guarantee that you will be wondering around for hours trying to figure out what to do.
    No kidding, that happened to me a few times whenever I forget what I'm supposed to do. I've always hated that, but it's no big deal.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by DoDoRay9000 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're trying to ask.

You mentioned ign not paying attention,i was thinking of angry nerd.
    He seemed like a pretty good player if he could beat the second game in the castlevania series.He does reviews for ign too.
    As to wether ign reviewers do better or worse:Possibly,doesn't mean that they are necessarily bad gamers.

No kidding, that happened to me a few times whenever I forget what I'm supposed to do. I've always hated that, but it's no big deal.
    Running around sometimes wastes energy,and forces you to restart over and over.The only thing i can think to do,is to make one save for exploring,and one for advancing.If you don't know what to do,you waste a lot of time and energy,and that only increases the odds of running out of ammo and medicine and dying.Its often very hard to avoid getting hit in resident evil.My point is that resident evil games require a lot of thinking and strategy to avoid being mauled to death by zombies,and other monstruosities.

I downloaded and played Blacklight: Retribution quite a bit last night on the PC. It's a F2P (Free to Play) FPS that is a sequel to a game that you had to pay for on XBLA and Steam known as Blacklight: Tango Down. The coolest part about this F2P model is that you don't have pay for anything if you don't want to as all the content in the game is available to the player by naturally progressing through the game. You can spend real money to buy the weapon modifications and skins early, however with the in-game currency setup similar to that of BlackOps, there's no real need to.

It's a well made F2P FPS that plays really well, and looks great. I definitely recommend this game, not only because it is a step above your normal F2P fair, but simply because there is no real need to pay for anything in this game.

I also downloaded the Super Smash Bros. Beta mod labeled Project M, and that was cool too.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]<-- 2gb upload limit, Unlimited Bandwidth, 20gb FREE server space, Files stay online forever!

~*~*~ FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE's Avatar
    I downloaded the same game a couple days ago too. I would say it's definitely a pay to win game, with plenty of (very powerful) stuff only being purchasable with real money. Fortunately, there aren't a ton of people around with these overpowered weapons because they cost maybe $5+ to buy permanently which is stupidly expensive. I don't think many people are keen to throw real money down on something they can only keep for a limited amount of time either.

The game doesn't have any Australia servers, which is a bother. I play on the US - West servers and I get a latency of about 220-250ms which isn't terrible but still sucks.

I would say gameplay wise it's perfectly fine, but they've made everything in the game too expensive. I would say Tribes: Ascend is a much better free to play online FPS. Still, I'm having fun with the game for now.
    Because Orphans Don't Have Parents

With a username like yours, I have to ask: Where you abandoned by your parents and raised in a Orphanage? If so, that explains a lot. If not, that still explains a lot.

Played SCP: Containment Breach. The Old Man freaks me out because he doesn't stop following me. Plus, his glowing eyes give me the chills. :c

Lately, I've been very busy, so all I've only been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising.

One thing I don't like, is when an asshole reviewer (*cough*... Tom McShea ... *ahem*) gives a really good game (like Skyward Sword) a 7/10 due to poor controls in their opinion, but later says that even if the game had better controls, they'd still give it just as low of a score. This only proves that they are not a good reviewer, as the things they're supposed to take into account are being ignored. What's worse is when they give another game that's nothing worthy of a better score (like NBA 2K12) an 8.5. Kid Icarus: Uprising also got a 7 due to controls, but that's stupid, because the controls can be changed to just about any combination.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Shank 2 on PS3

It was free, but a little too short & easy (Even on 'hard') for me.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

~*~*~ FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by link28469 View Post
    Lately, I've been very busy, so all I've only been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising.

One thing I don't like, is when an asshole reviewer (*cough*... Tom McShea ... *ahem*) gives a really good game (like Skyward Sword) a 7/10 due to poor controls in their opinion, but later says that even if the game had better controls, they'd still give it just as low of a score. This only proves that they are not a good reviewer, as the things they're supposed to take into account are being ignored. What's worse is when they give another game that's nothing worthy of a better score (like NBA 2K12) an 8.5. Kid Icarus: Uprising also got a 7 due to controls, but that's stupid, because the controls can be changed to just about any combination.
    Except for a combination that doesn't make it awkward to play without the stand. They could have added more support for the CPP beyond just making it an option for left handed people.

Anyway, don't get hung up on scores.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE View Post
    Anyway, don't get hung up on scores.
    Tru story.

God Hand got HAMMERED by reviewers but I'll defend it as one of THE titles to OWN for the PS2.

I, personally, would rather have a GH2 than a Shemue 3.

It's okay, I never let scores determine whether I'll get a game or not. However, I will say this: Though I have carpal tunnel, I did beat all of Solo mode, and played 89 Together matches without the stand, and I never complained.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by link28469 View Post

Thats terrible.I played the game,and ended up liking the last zelda game quite a bit,and i had moments i disliked which i found slow.
    We gamers should all group up,and start making amateur reviews,and trying to give a fair view of games.I already wrote a review link,and you can see in the descriptions of what i though.

Onion Kid
    Do you think they're ever persuaded to be, how shall I put it, not completely objective? I mean because the fan reaction to ME3 was overwhelmingly negative because of the ending, but all the reviews I saw gave the game 9/10 and didn't talk about the ending. In terms of the game review sites, how do they get away with that?! Are companies like IGN and GameInformer paid to hype up certain games and not mention their flaws?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.

That may be the case, but I'm not sure.

With Mass Effect 3, I feel it should be a 8/10 for having fun gameplay as always, but the ending that doesn't have a positive outcome is rather disappointing.

EOE: Eve of Extinction

apparently, flunkin out on Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader on my wii is a good thing. been playin that and Disgaea 3 on my vita.
    my rare game soundtracks thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    my extended game music loops thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

other great threads:

Got it from Amazon. Arrived early a couple of minutes ago.

who said fantasies had to be final?

i chuckle every time i read that
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    because if life is a bitch, im gonna make her MY BITCH
    i now legally posess a phd in zombies.

on february 23, 1987, two things happened: the first documentable supernova visible with the human eye, and my birth. in other words, i was blessed by the universe itself. not many can say that

I think I just got it.

"FANTASIES had to be FINAL"

I'm not sure if they purposefully made a joke, but I think that's funny.

Duke Nukem: Forever.

Edit: May be a little off topic, but I've watched some episodes of MLP: Friendship is Magic, and I actually kinda like it and I think it deserves the praise it gets. I say KINDA, because it isn't something I'd watch every day, but I do find it enjoyable.

Still playing Duke Nukem: Forvever. I had too much fun flinging poo and hearing Duke being disgusted about picking up wet feces last night. x3

Ape Escape 3

Dragon's Dogma Demo

Well, at least in a few minutes.

Genji: Dawn of the Samurai

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olde View Post
    Do you think they're ever persuaded to be, how shall I put it, not completely objective? I mean because the fan reaction to ME3 was overwhelmingly negative because of the ending, but all the reviews I saw gave the game 9/10 and didn't talk about the ending. In terms of the game review sites, how do they get away with that?! Are companies like IGN and GameInformer paid to hype up certain games and not mention their flaws?
    Never trust 'official' reviews. They are never truly conclusive and more often than not, have the reviewer brown-nosing the developer in question. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some companies paid some of the mainstream review sites to give favorable reviews for their games. Mass Effect 3 is one of those titles which has divided some of the gaming community into, what I call, four groups: Those who hate the ending, Those who like the ending, Those who care only for the first 90% of the game... then the group I fall, I no longer care at all.

Even with the proposed Extended Ending DLC coming sometime this Summer (In the U.S.), they still won't appeal to every fan,and there will most assuredly be more complaints about it. I honestly can't believe that I've been disappointed in two of the four big games to come out in the last seven months, the two in question being: Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim. The other two... well, Saints Row The Third had it's faults, but is still a damn fun game to play and Assassin's Creed Revolutions... still haven't played it yet.

Anywayz... haven't played much in the last few days, thanks to being hospitalised. Did manage to play a bit of Breath of Fire II GBA on my DS last night.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

The Queen of Scores Serra Kerrigan's Avatar
    Mass Effect 3 ... again...
    I going to find the enemy and make him pay...
    Mass Effect Complete Soundtrack Collection: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Vengeance will be mine

thanks to being hospitalised
    What happened? I hope you're okay.

then the group I fall, I no longer care at all.
    I'm pretty much around that, too. I do find the ending disappointing, but it isn't something I'd get uppity about, because life's filled with disappointments.

Still playing Genji.

Edit: Right now, some [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. This game freaks me out so much, yet, I keep coming back to it. xP

Edit 2: Duke Nukem Forever

Installed VirtualBox last night in an attempt to get a retail copy of Fallout to work correctly on my Windows 7 64bit machine. Apparently, Win7 doesn't like older games made for 32bit and under operating systems as it doesn't display the colors correctly. So I'm attempting to run the game in a WinXP environment, but now the game no longer displays the menu, but plays the intro cinematic with correct colors. I can't seem to win at this.

I'm hoping I can get this to work, as this will have to be the means I use to play older retail games that don't have patches that fix these issues. Especially if I don't go through gog.com or Steam for these older games.