Page 191 of 260 FirstFirst ... 91141181185186187188189190191192193194195196197201241 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 6478
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: What are you currently gaming?

Currently playing: Lord of Arcana. I would highly recommend this game.

Omnia mala terra excitabat

~*~*~ FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE's Avatar
    I wasn't into it so much. God Eater did the same sorta thing better, I thought. I enjoyed Monster Hunter a ton more than either of those, though.
    Because Orphans Don't Have Parents

With a username like yours, I have to ask: Where you abandoned by your parents and raised in a Orphanage? If so, that explains a lot. If not, that still explains a lot.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

I've hit the Ice Titan at the end of the Olympus Coliseum on the 30th Layer in Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. I've spent at least two weeks working up to this point. I'm just glad it's not Sephiroth as he's usually far more difficult than any other boss in the game. At this point I'm making it about a quarter of the way through its lifebar before it destroys my party. Sucks, I only have one Auto-Life License.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]<-- 2gb upload limit, Unlimited Bandwidth, 20gb FREE server space, Files stay online forever!

Grand Shriner
    The Witcher 2.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Ractivated my Final Fantasy XI Online account/characters, so gone back to Vana'diel. Also playing a bit of Red Dead Redemption.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The House of the Dead 4(FINALLY!)

I bought Psychonauts last night for Xbox so I played through some Basic Braining. Lol, Mr. Schafer thinking he's funny...

Well, at least it was the most fun I've ever had in a tutorial level.

The Fight: Lights Out

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    I'm at around 95% in Skyrim.

Only got the Brotherhood, Civil War, and random fetch quests to go...I think.

Got almost all the shouts as well.

The dullness of fools is the whetstone of the wit. impudent urinal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    I'm at around 95% in Skyrim.

Only got the Brotherhood, Civil War, and random fetch quests to go...I think.

Got almost all the shouts as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by impudent urinal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Faustus View Post
    That's feckin wiggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by N-10_Aden View Post
    Man fuck this piece of shit.

Grand Shriner
    Finished The Witcher 2, and I have to ask what on earth people are going on about when they say this is a hard game?! I'm not some kind of gaming guru, and I own up when I find games hard, but this game really, really isn't hard. I burned through it, did hardly any of the sidequests, never drank any potions, never used any bombs, traps, oils, enhancements (well, I used some sword and armour enhancements before the final battle, because I figured why not?), never crafted any items, made any potions etc etc. (I can never be bothered doing stuff like this, except if it becomes apparent that the game is too hard without doing it).

Which wasn't the case here, as the game was ridiculously easy, all the way through. Just roll around the enemies, give them a few hard/light/hard combo hits, then roll away if they still aren't dead and do it again. The bosses all had charge/heavy sweep attacks that were easy to roll around, and had huge followthroughs that left them wide open. And the few really huge enemies, all had instantly learnable attacks patterns. The game gives you 6 really powerful spells right at the start, and together with the fact that the old 'roll about and hit from behind' gag works on absolutely everyone, this game couldn't really have been easier.

Other than that though, it was a decent game I guess. Not having played the first one (its not available on the 360), I couldn't connect with the main characters, and didn't really care at all about them, Not to the extent that I disliked them either, its just that curiosity over what was going on in the main plot was pretty much the only thing keeping me going at times. I did think that the Prologue was by far the best section of the game though. Act 1 was awful, Act 2 was okayish (and finally had a few characters I actually cared about), but the big battle it had been building up to, turned out to be a bit lame, and Act 3 was as rushed as any game's final levels.

To be fair, it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I'm not convinced I'd want to play another one though.

Going to try and play Crysis 2 on the hardest difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrykolas View Post
    Finished The Witcher 2, and I have to ask what on earth people are going on about when they say this is a hard game?! I'm not some kind of gaming guru, and I own up when I find games hard, but this game really, really isn't hard. I burned through it, did hardly any of the sidequests, never drank any potions, never used any bombs, traps, oils, enhancements (well, I used some sword and armour enhancements before the final battle, because I figured why not?), never crafted any items, made any potions etc etc. (I can never be bothered doing stuff like this, except if it becomes apparent that the game is too hard without doing it).

Which wasn't the case here, as the game was ridiculously easy, all the way through. Just roll around the enemies, give them a few hard/light/hard combo hits, then roll away if they still aren't dead and do it again. The bosses all had charge/heavy sweep attacks that were easy to roll around, and had huge followthroughs that left them wide open. And the few really huge enemies, all had instantly learnable attacks patterns. The game gives you 6 really powerful spells right at the start, and together with the fact that the old 'roll about and hit from behind' gag works on absolutely everyone, this game couldn't really have been easier.

Other than that though, it was a decent game I guess. Not having played the first one (its not available on the 360), I couldn't connect with the main characters, and didn't really care at all about them, Not to the extent that I disliked them either, its just that curiosity over what was going on in the main plot was pretty much the only thing keeping me going at times. I did think that the Prologue was by far the best section of the game though. Act 1 was awful, Act 2 was okayish (and finally had a few characters I actually cared about), but the big battle it had been building up to, turned out to be a bit lame, and Act 3 was as rushed as any game's final levels.

To be fair, it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I'm not convinced I'd want to play another one though.
    If you don't abuse the rolling, the game is challenging. Some people don't realise the rolling in the game makes combat completely trivial, I guess.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Got another copy of Saints Row The Third, as my original copy was damaged... so gone back to Steelport to run over people/throw people from tall buildings/blast people with missiles from a V-TOL/beat people up with a purple adult toy bat.

Got another copy of Saints Row The Third, as my original copy was damaged
    That sucks. I would've been upset, because Saints Row The Third is one of those games that are special to me.

Blackwater.

Pretty good game, sort of reminds me of Time Crisis. In fact, playing the game with Time Crisis music as the custom soundtrack makes it even better imo

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Got another copy of Saints Row The Third, as my original copy was damaged... so gone back to Steelport to run over people/throw people from tall buildings/blast people with missiles from a V-TOL/beat people up with a purple adult toy bat.
    I got to say (other than the DLC gouging), I enjoyed the hell out of SRTT.

Burt Fucking Reynolds?!

Limbo

been playin disgaea 3 on my vita, spyro: enter the dragonfly, and my latest edition: Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader: Back To School for the wii.
    my rare game soundtracks thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    my extended game music loops thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

other great threads:

Grand Shriner
    Its poor game design when there is a basic feature that is so good, it amounts to cheating when you use it! I don't play games like The Witcher 2 for their gameplay, so I have no intention of making things harder on myself than they need to be. I was just greatly surprised that after all the bellyaching I'd heard from gamers and critics alike about the difficulty of the game (because many critics scored it down because it was apparently so hard), that it turned out to be such a walkover.

You need to remember that most video game critics are awful at games.

Grand Shriner
    I guess critics are under a bit of pressure though, seeing as how they have to get through as many games as they can, as fast as they can, to be able to write about them. But that means if they encounter any difficulty at all, they tend to say the game is really hard. At least with something like Demon's Souls, it was kind of justified, but even then neither it nor Dark Souls are anywhere near as hard as most critics make out.

The reaction to Witcher 2 is just bizarre though. Put the shielding spell up, pay even a modest amount of attention to what you are doing, and you'll win every fight no problem. And besides, half the time, you're accompanied by ally NPCs who can't die!

I'm surprised the Souls games got as much attention as they did. Monster Hunter was pretty much ignored in the West because of its difficulty and intentionally obscure systems. Maybe that will change now with Nintendo getting involved with the series.

On the topic of European RPGs, Risen 2 is out soon. It's out this week on PC and next month on consoles, I think. I didn't mind the first, but I think I stopped playing at around the half way mark. Hopefully the sequel has combat that isn't garbage.

most video game critics are awful at games.
    Agreed.

In fact, I bet that's the case with The Fight: Lights Out, because I think the reviewer at IGN was probably not paying attention to the instructions that often and was just sucking at the game. That, and he's probably too lazy to play it.

AMY