Page 189 of 250 FirstFirst ... 89139179183184185186187188189190191192193194195199239 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 6238
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: What are you currently gaming?

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    So the Skyrim 1.5 patch fixed one of my quests but I still can't get rid of 'The Legendary' and finish up 'The Companions' arc.
    Frell.
    Any news of any more patches coming Tanis? I've got about a dozen or so quests unfinished, for various reasons (One I recall vividly, is 'The Forsworn Conspiracy'... Can complete the majority of the quest, except at the end when I'm supposed to speak to the NPC who gave it to me, I find him dead in the Temple of Talos in Markath... an even reloading save file, doesn't help). Can't even get the last thieves guild achievement for some reason, and I've fulfilled all the quests needed to get it done, except for one... which wasn't given to me in the first place >.<

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Vrykolas,

Do you have yourself and a set of friends who play multi-player REORC? I want to start playing multi-player soon (still messing around with campaign mode). Are you PS3 or XBox? If PS3, would love to play with you to earn some trophies.

Let me know.

Suikoden IV. almost finished the first playthrough.
    my rare game soundtracks thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    my extended game music loops thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

other great threads:

Grand Shriner
    Arigeitsu:
    Sorry to be a party pooper, but I don't play Multiplayer with any games. Part of it is me just not being interested in competitive multiplayer *at all*. Its not why I play games. Co-op is a different matter, and I would give that a shot, if I could ever be bothered to get myself all set up with microphones and other whatnot (I really don't know anything about it, since it matters so little to me). My mates all happily play online, but its just not for me, I think. And since I've gone this long without it, that opinion's not likely to change anytime soon.

Plus, its also not very practical for me anyway, because I can't get on the internet whenever I want. Our only phone is in an awkward place, and we can't leave it connected without wires being strung across the hall etc. I therefore have to take a couple of hours on the 'net, whenever I see my opportunity. One day, I'll sit down, get myself educated about all this stuff, get proper equipment, another phone and then we'll be cooking. I wouldn't advise anyone holding their breath for that day though

So, sorry about that. And I mean that, because this is one of the very few occasions that I actually would like to play a game co-op. I really am enjoying playing ORC, and I'm forced to admit that I can't really continue to keep saying it isn't a good game. It must be doing something right, as I'm still playing it after 2-3 weeks! I've completed it with everyone (Four Eyes is my favourite), and I'm planning to download that free DLC later on today.

Oh, and I finished Silent Hill: Downpour too. Have to say I quite enjoyed it in the end. Bit short and all, but that's nothing new these days. Combat was dodgy, wasn't scary at all, but it still managed to be the best Silent Hill for years and years. Definately the best story since SH2, and some of the side quests are pretty good too. The voice acting was bit up and down, but I felt that the actors were really good when it mattered. They upped their game for the important moments.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    BUCK YEAH!

My major quest glitch some how corrected itself in Skyrim V1.5.
    I can now finish up the 'Companions' quest line and get rid of my werewolf curse!

Quote Originally Posted by Vrykolas View Post
    Plus, its also not very practical for me anyway, because I can't get on the internet whenever I want. Our only phone is in an awkward place, and we can't leave it connected without wires being strung across the hall etc. I therefore have to take a couple of hours on the 'net, whenever I see my opportunity. One day, I'll sit down, get myself educated about all this stuff, get proper equipment, another phone and then we'll be cooking. I wouldn't advise anyone holding their breath for that day.
    It would be advisable to learn before you move out of your parent's house, because the world now runs on the internet. Though it sounds like you're running on either dial-up or DSL, and multiplayer gaming is next to impossible on dial-up as you're going to have a hard time getting a good speed through a phoneline. DSL is a bit dodgy, but still doable. Just all depends on your location. Your best speeds will come from either cable/broadband or fiber optic. There's also satellite internet through a dish, such as what DirecTV offers, but good luck getting a solid signal, especially if there is any sort of precipitation or heavy overcast.

With dial-up or DSL, you don't need another phone, you need another phoneline, or an additional port in the wall with which you can use to hook up a modem or router.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]<-- 2gb upload limit, Unlimited Bandwidth, 20gb FREE server space, Files stay online forever!

~*~*~ FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrykolas View Post
    Arigeitsu:
    Sorry to be a party pooper, but I don't play Multiplayer with any games. Part of it is me just not being interested in competitive multiplayer *at all*. Its not why I play games. Co-op is a different matter, and I would give that a shot, if I could ever be bothered to get myself all set up with microphones and other whatnot (I really don't know anything about it, since it matters so little to me). My mates all happily play online, but its just not for me, I think. And since I've gone this long without it, that opinion's not likely to change anytime soon.

Plus, its also not very practical for me anyway, because I can't get on the internet whenever I want. Our only phone is in an awkward place, and we can't leave it connected without wires being strung across the hall etc. I therefore have to take a couple of hours on the 'net, whenever I see my opportunity. One day, I'll sit down, get myself educated about all this stuff, get proper equipment, another phone and then we'll be cooking. I wouldn't advise anyone holding their breath for that day though

So, sorry about that. And I mean that, because this is one of the very few occasions that I actually would like to play a game co-op. I really am enjoying playing ORC, and I'm forced to admit that I can't really continue to keep saying it isn't a good game. It must be doing something right, as I'm still playing it after 2-3 weeks! I've completed it with everyone (Four Eyes is my favourite), and I'm planning to download that free DLC later on today.

Oh, and I finished Silent Hill: Downpour too. Have to say I quite enjoyed it in the end. Bit short and all, but that's nothing new these days. Combat was dodgy, wasn't scary at all, but it still managed to be the best Silent Hill for years and years. Definately the best story since SH2, and some of the side quests are pretty good too. The voice acting was bit up and down, but I felt that the actors were really good when it mattered. They upped their game for the important moments.
    You've been playing RE:ORC alone? Gross, man.
    Because Orphans Don't Have Parents

With a username like yours, I have to ask: Where you abandoned by your parents and raised in a Orphanage? If so, that explains a lot. If not, that still explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE View Post
    You've been playing RE:ORC alone? Gross, man.
    Yeah, I heard that the friendly AI isn't all that smart in the game. You'd have to play with friends to fully appreciate the entire experience.

I actually played quite a bit of Magic the Gathering yesterday. I made my friend a mono white deck and I dueled with my handicap decks so he could get accustomed to the cards.

Then we rented Dead Island, and played that for like fifteen minutes before I had to leave to pick my fiance up from work. Really didn't get much of an impression of it yet, though as I only got past the initial introduction sequence. The cutscene at the startup was pretty cool.

Grand Shriner
    I live in a shared house with friends, not with my parents, but thanks anyway! Like I say, I'm not going to bother anytime soon, and I know enough IT professionals that can set me up properly.

As for ORC, I'm used to the friendly AI being worthless in most games. They keep the enemies off my back, even if its only by being attacked themselves, and that's fair enough by me. The main problem is that they don't make best use of their skills. Honestly, I haven't found it to be a problem. They give me about as much help as I expect from the friendly AI in any game (i.e not much, but anything at all is a pleasant surprise).

~*~*~ FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Skywalker View Post
    Yeah, I heard that the friendly AI isn't all that smart in the game. You'd have to play with friends to fully appreciate the entire experience.

I actually played quite a bit of Magic the Gathering yesterday. I made my friend a mono white deck and I dueled with my handicap decks so he could get accustomed to the cards.

Then we rented Dead Island, and played that for like fifteen minutes before I had to leave to pick my fiance up from work. Really didn't get much of an impression of it yet, though as I only got past the initial introduction sequence. The cutscene at the startup was pretty cool.
    Obviously not the same, but I love Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. I play that game a ton.

I don't have the money to play real magic.

The Fight: Lights Out

Putting up a pretty good sweat. The speed bag is the most fatiguing for me, so, I need to work on that.

Edit:
    I'm used to the friendly AI being worthless in most games.
    Heh, me too. I usually don't care if the ai is stupid, as long as they don't do something that hinders my progress, like getting stuck in something.
    Lil' Ol' Maaaaaaaaaan

Journey.

Star Ocean: till the end of time. finally got the Total of 100 Hours in Battle battle trophy when i woke up this mornin. still more to go.

Warriors Orochi 3

Grand Shriner
    Yeah, I think with friendly AI, you have to expect it to be fairly useless. After all, the enemy AI is usually awful in most games, so expecting the allies AI to be intuitive and helpful is asking for a bit much! I think most single player games take this into account, and expect you to do pretty much all the work yourself, with your team mates there as glorified moral support and as people to follow you about taking bullets on your behalf.

And really, it would only be an issue if a game was incredibly hard and so challenging that it *required* your whole team to be on top form all the time. This obviously isn't the case in most games, and so when you do see people teaming up for co-op, it usually always makes an easy game into an absolute walkover. A game's AI can barely cope with one actual living mind set against it, let alone 3-4!

Halo was an interesting series for this. Halo 1's allies were so worthless, that they frequently all died almost as they joined up with chief. Their weapons were awful (they pretty much all had the human assault rifle, which was pretty dire in the first game), they had very little health and seemed unable to grasp the need to run away from live grenades. Beyond manning the gun on the Warthog therefore, the Marines were pretty hopeless. And yet in Halo 2, they seemed to have been pumping iron furiously. Now they could take a hellacious beating before dying, their weapons were much better, and they could win most fights that didn't include Hunters or guys with Plasma Swords by themselves if you left them to it long enough. It was a remarkable change, and actually made you feel a bit surplus to requirements most of the time!

So basically, if its a choice between the ally AI doing too much or too little, I'll go for the latter. When I'm playing, I want to be the guy getting the kills, making the dash into the thick of the enemy, waging my little one man war against the unfeasibly large hordes of people ranged against me. If the ally AI is so good that they can just kill everything anyway, then I kind of think 'Well, why even bother then?'

And on the subject of ORC, I was playing the DLC Spec Ops mission. Its not a great introduction to the Echo 6 team (the game plays its cards really close to its chest, refusing to actually tell you the player, what your team's mission is! We'll find out later I'm sure, and you can make a guess based on the main game, but still...) So it starts a bit slowly, but it picks up about halfway through, and its great from there to the end.

I think its just about done enough to convince me I want to buy the later DLC, but it'll need to be good. This was dangerously close to being 'Meh, I can live without this', before it got better. But if the DLC that I do have to pay for is only half good... well, we'll see.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asamiya View Post
    Warriors Orochi 3
    What's it like? Still waiting for it to be released here in Australia...

Currently playing Saints Row 2... for the umpteenth time.

Disgaea 2 on my vita. just finished subduing all the lovers i had spawned and combined them all. next is more felony madness.

still playing ORC, by myself
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    because if life is a bitch, im gonna make her MY BITCH
    i now legally posess a phd in zombies.

on february 23, 1987, two things happened: the first documentable supernova visible with the human eye, and my birth. in other words, i was blessed by the universe itself. not many can say that

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE View Post
    Obviously not the same, but I love Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. I play that game a ton.

I don't have the money to play real magic.
    I really don't spend a whole lot of money on Magic. If I do, it's because I really want a specific card. This month, I spent $30 for cards, simply because I did have a little extra money, and there were a few cards I needed that were in the Knights vs. Dragons duel decks box set. I also took chances on a few booster packs, and I usually never get those unless I'm fishing for something.

As far as Duels of the Plainswalkers is concerned; my fiancée is an avid MTG player, and she loves the game. It actually a good way to clarify rulings on cards too, especially when it comes to the stacking of activated abilities and instants.

Aion

Played the demo for Skullgirls.

It LOOKS good, but the controls are too loose and it's missing 'things-that-should-be-in-every-fighter' like a move's list.

I'll probably pass until it hits half price on PSN.

Maybe it's the ps3 controller, cause it can feel a little loose depending on what you're playing. Maybe try the 360 version, if you got a 360?

Quote Originally Posted by DoDoRay9000 View Post
    Maybe it's the ps3 controller, cause it can feel a little loose depending on what you're playing. Maybe try the 360 version, if you got a 360?
    I do, but I'm not a big fan of the 360 when it comes to any kind of 2D/side-scrolling games.
    It just doesn't 'feel' right.

Oh, ok.

Feeling pretty tired, but I'm going to play Mass Effect 3 online now that I got the Resurgence Pack(can't wait to play as a Krogan Vanguard c: )

ME3

Can't wait to find Kai Leng and fight him again, and kill that bastard, The Illusive Man.