Page 173 of 260 FirstFirst ... 73123163167168169170171172173174175176177178179183223 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 6492
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: What are you currently gaming?

~*~*~ FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Skywalker View Post

Well, with the conversion rates as they are, I'm sure $108 AUSD is comparable to $60 USD. Unless I'm sorely mistaken. Just adding three digits there makes it seem a whole lot more.
    $108 AUD is comparable to $108 USD.
    Because Orphans Don't Have Parents

With a username like yours, I have to ask: Where you abandoned by your parents and raised in a Orphanage? If so, that explains a lot. If not, that still explains a lot.

The dullness of fools is the whetstone of the wit. impudent urinal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE View Post
    Ouch US. Inflation is a bitch. We be broke. Especially here in Cali.
    Quote Originally Posted by impudent urinal View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Faustus View Post
    That's feckin wiggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by N-10_Aden View Post
    Man fuck this piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Achievement I need for Dragon Age: Origins.... again.
    what is the last achievement? in case i get interested in the game.
    my rare game soundtracks thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    my extended game music loops thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

other great threads:

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    The Grim Reaper. It's earned after killing the final boss of the 'Golems of Amgurrak' DLC, on either Hard or Insanity difficulty... Which BioWare themselves have stated is the hardest boss in the whole game to beat. I beat it once, on Casual and got the 'Reaper' achievement... just the Grim Reaper one to get and I'll have all achievements for DA: O

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

sounds hard...good luck.

Dynasty Warriors 7

Been wanting to get Warriors: Legends of Troy

Really now. Wasn't aware that was the case. Well that sucks. So I guess I agree entirely with your statement. Well, evidentally, video games are way overpriced in Austrailia. Good luck on saving up for a new game release, unless you can afford the money to burn.

Well, I have beaten Penumbra: Black Plague, and so I have moved on to the final chapter in the series; Requiem. Requiem is different than the other two Penumbra titles. Where they incorporated environmental puzzles mixed seamlessly with the exploratory nature of digging further into this seemingly abandoned mining complex, Requiem differs in that it splits the environmental puzzles into individual stages. Each stage ends with a portal that needs to be activated by collecting orbs strewn about each level. It really feels more like a Portal type of experience with the lack actual in-game characters outside of the disembodied voices in your head, and being sanctioned into various tests, that must be completed in order to escape the facility. It boils down to being Portal without the gun.

That aside, it nails down the atmosphere of an abandoned mining facility, much like the previous iterations. The puzzles are fun and engaging, and the reintroduction of Red questions Philip's sanity, as he moves to escape the facility, thus drawing the catalyst of this adventure. Though I do much prefer Clarence with his snide remarks over Red's droll of broken English. I'm pretty I'm getting close to the end, considering that these games have only lasted about six hours each. I expect the same of this one.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]<-- 2gb upload limit, Unlimited Bandwidth, 20gb FREE server space, Files stay online forever!

Really now. Wasn't aware that was the case. Well that sucks. So I guess I agree entirely with your statement. Well, evidentally, video games are way overpriced in Austrailia. Good luck on saving up for a new game release, unless you can afford the money to burn.
    Last year I spent $506.85 on games ($109.95 for Dragon Age II Signature Edition, $99.95 for Dynasty Warriors 7, $69.96 for NCIS the Videogame, $128.00 for Saints Row The Third Smooth Criminal Edition and $99.00 for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) whereas if I was living in the US, I'd probably would've only paid half that for those titles. Sad thing is, here in Australia we've always had to pay top dollar for games ever since the NES era (I still have a copy of Star Wars for the NES with the price tag of $99.99 on it... and my Breath of Fire II for the SNES had the price of $98.00). Everywhere else the price of games and consoles are far more reasonable (I don't think the US had the cost of a $1,000.00 for the PS3 when that first came out)... not just with prices but also with censorship of games. There's no R18+ rating for videogames here... yet, there is the possibility of that rating finally coming out in about 2 years but until then...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, my save file for Dragon Age: Origins was corrupted, so gone back to playing Red Dead Redemption... going to try and finish it this time.

You don't get any price drops in Austrailia?

Still playing Dynasty Warriors 7

Only after a game has been available for over six months or a clearance sale is on, then the price is dropped... but usually not by much. Case in point, Saints Row The Third was released in October of last year for $108.00... and now it's still $98.00 (for the standard edition).

Quote Originally Posted by DoDoRay9000 View Post
    Been wanting to get Warriors: Legends of Troy

Yeah almost bought that when Play-Asia had the "Asian Version" on sale for $20 a week or two ago for the PS3, I think I should have just gone and bought it.

Case in point, Saints Row The Third was released in October of last year for $108.00... and now it's still $98.00 (for the standard edition).
    Geez. That's a rip-off in comparison to here in North America. I've only seen special editions of games priced around that area.

Geez. That's a rip-off in comparison to here in North America. I've only seen special editions of games priced around that area.
    Yeah... the game companies are getting bank from Australian gamers... Due to the high cost, I have to consider my purchases carefully before handing my money over the counter. As it is, I've only preordered two games this year which I'm after (Mass Effect 3 and Aliens Colonial Marines)... after I get them, hope to have the funds to get the other titles I'm after...

You can still buy games from online stores for what are basically US prices. Only dumb-dumbs would actually support the price gouging our retailers do.

You can still buy games from online stores for what are basically US prices. Only dumb-dumbs would actually support the price gouging our retailers do.
    Maybe so... but speaking for myself, I prefer to pay for things in person and get the item right then and there, not send my money away and wait for a week or two til I receive it. To each their own I guess.

Okay dumb-dumb.

So... because I prefer to pay for things in cash in person and not use paypal/online purchasing/etc makes me a dumb dumb? The fact that I've been burned in the past via shopping online. Example: I ordered a few Forgotten Realms Novellas and some PC games, paid for them... yet never received them. Tried to contact the store in question and there was no record on their system of my purchases. So, imo I do have a valid reason not to buy things online though I do make purchases on Ebay but I pay for that with a Australian Post Money Order sent via Registered Mail. Calling me a dumb dumb, after I've had a experience like that with online purchasing? Pssh... fine, whatever.

So... because I prefer to pay for things in cash in person and not use paypal/online purchasing/etc makes me a dumb dumb?
    Yes, if you're paying twice as much in person.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Front Mission: Evolved
    Not NEAR as bad as folks claimed it was.
    Glad I got it for around 8USD, it was a decent little mech game that I just beat.

Current playing Brutal Legend:
    Another game I got for around 8USD, and such a fine game it is.

The dullness of fools is the whetstone of the wit. impudent urinal's Avatar
    Okay dumb-dumb.

Yeah you've been burned in the past, but just try again, buy from reputable sites, keep records and you should be fine. Save those dollars. Over 100 in Australia? Seriously? How do you aussies game at all?

Crazy Kidz Mini Golf 2. decent game which offers a challenge. only unlocked the second course after 3 attempts. and 15-20 second load times between each hole.

You could try Amazon, Revan. I've had a pretty good experience ordering things from there.

Yes, if you're paying twice as much in person.
    It doesn't really make a difference imo. You'll be paying twice as much because of the shipping rates when you order online, as well. So, you didn't have to resort to calling him a dumb-dumb if he prefers going to pay for things in person

Grand Shriner
    Playing through the Turok game on the PS3 (took a bit of a break, when all those games came out around Christmas). Its not perfect by any means, but its good shooty fun. And Slade is an awesome character - but then, Ron Perlman is always ace. His quote when you pick up the bow is amazing. You get a big cutscene where your former CO explains the discipline and honour of using a bow even in the time of guns etc. Slade's reaction?

'That's a fine weapon... if you're fighting General Custer'.

lol!

It doesn't really make a difference imo. You'll be paying twice as much because of the shipping rates when you order online, as well. So, you didn't have to resort to calling him a dumb-dumb if he prefers going to pay for things in person
    Uh, no. Shipping ranges from free to maybe $6 at the online stores you should be buying from. Shipping for a game/DVD/Blu Ray is never going to be $60 you ding dong.
    impudent urinal likes this.

Could you at least be mature when explaining things to people that may be wrong? Name calling just makes you immature.