Page 169 of 264 FirstFirst ... 69119159163164165166167168169170171172173174175179219 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 6584
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: What are you currently gaming?

~*~*~ FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE's Avatar
    I don't really think the DS's golden age was Nov. 2004 -> whenever it became apparent the Wii was going to be incredibly popular (which was almost immediately, right?). I'd say a lot of good games came out between 2007 and now. It definitely slowed down in 2011, but even it wasn't so bad. Ghost Trick, Professor Layton, Pokemon White/Black, Dragon Quest 6, Kirby Mass Attack and Radiant Historia all came out last year and they're all at least good. Some are incredible, like Ghost Trick. There's probably a few lesser titles or DSi games I'm missing. Aliens Infestation and Mighty Milky Way are both probably good (being that they're WayForward games), but I haven't played them.

And keep in mind it's a little over 7 years old at this point and its successor is on the market. It's a little unfair to expect a massive push behind the console.

Edit: I had a dig in my brain to try and think of what came out for it in 2010.
    999, Etrian Odyssey 3, Dragon Quest 9, FF The 4 Heroes of Light, Unwound Future, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Pokemon HeatGold/SoulSilver, Picross 3D, SMT: Strange Journey, Ace Attorney Investigations (which wasn't as good as good as AA1-3, but I wouldn't call it bad). Those are all pretty good games, man.
    Because Orphans Don't Have Parents

With a username like yours, I have to ask: Where you abandoned by your parents and raised in a Orphanage? If so, that explains a lot. If not, that still explains a lot.

Dynasty Warriors 7.

I'm such a sucker for these games and it's spin-offs.

In fact, I joked about a 7th one and said that there's probably not going to be a 7th one, and whaddya know, there's a 7th one.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoDoRay9000 View Post
    Dynasty Warriors 7.

I'm such a sucker for these games and it's spin-offs.

In fact, I joked about a 7th one and said that there's probably not going to be a 7th one, and whaddya know, there's a 7th one.
    Except the fact Koei/Tecmo screwed over Xbox 360 owners of DW7... and have Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends as a PS3 exclusive! Rat bastards >.< The DW series is to Koei, what the FF series is to SE... they'll keep milking them over and over.

Gone back to playing Saints Row The Third... very therapeutic running over people and slapping others around with the dildo bat. Though... being able to summon JAWS up from the sewers to chew up whoever is covered in chum, courtesy of the Shark-O-Matic shotgun is also pleasing.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    2011 was a shit year for the Wii.

Maybe 3 or 4 decent games came out.

Except the fact Koei/Tecmo screwed over Xbox 360 owners of DW7... and have Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends as a PS3 exclusive! Rat bastards >.<
    So? It's no big deal. It's not like whatever you did in DW7 is going to carry over to XL anyway. So, they didn't really screw the xbox 360 owners(then again, I have all 3 consoles, so, maybe that's why it doesn't really bother me) :P

So? It's no big deal. It's not like whatever you did in DW7 is going to carry over anyway. So, they didn't really screw the xbox 360 owners(then again, I have all 3 consoles, so, maybe that's why it doesn't really bother me) :P
    First, it is a big deal to any Dynasty Warriors fan. Not being able to complete their DW7 experience, unless they go and buy a PS3 and DW7 on that (when some would more than likely have completed in it's entirety and have all achievements for). Second, they DID screw over Xbox 360 owners. Xbox 360 owners won't be able to experience everything that DW7 has to offer, due to the fact that DW7XL isn't available on Xbox 360.

Not everyone has every console and as any DW fan would know, any DW Xtreme Legends pack enhances the main game with extra content etc. All Koei/Tecmo did was ostracize the Xbox 360 community, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    2011 was a shit year for the Wii.

Maybe 3 or 4 decent games came out.
    It's not like the Wii ever has particularly strong years. 2011 was alright, I thought. The five or so worthwhile games that came out for it were all lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    First, it is a big deal to any Dynasty Warriors fan. Not being able to complete their DW7 experience, unless they go and buy a PS3 and DW7 on that (when some would more than likely have completed in it's entirety and have all achievements for). Second, they DID screw over Xbox 360 owners. Xbox 360 owners won't be able to experience everything that DW7 has to offer, due to the fact that DW7XL isn't available on Xbox 360.

Not everyone has every console and as any DW fan would know, any DW Xtreme Legends pack enhances the main game with extra content etc. All Koei/Tecmo did was ostracize the Xbox 360 community, imo.
    They just announced a PC port of DW7. It comes with the Xtreme Legends thing and some of the DLC, apparently. Not that this solves your problem or anything, I just thought that was interesting.

The last Dynasty Warriors game I played was Gundam 3.
    Not too shabby, better than most of the main series.

Well, I'm not really fan, so, that's probably why I don't see it as a big deal. I don't really consider myself a fan of anything, like I said a page back I think.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE View Post
    They just announced a PC port of DW7. It comes with the Xtreme Legends thing and some of the DLC, apparently. Not that this solves your problem or anything, I just thought that was interesting.
    Doesn't surprise me, as there was a precedent... Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper for PC. I'm not 100% sure if that included DW4 Xtreme Legends with the main game in the one package though... I should check on that. Still... it is a slap in the face to DW7 owners on the Xbox 360 though.

The last Dynasty Warriors game I played was Gundam 3.
    Not too shabby, better than most of the main series.
    .... The Dynasty Warrior Gundam series are a damn abomination... Not even whichever Gundam is the strongest would be able to beat a Autobot or Decepticon... and it'd have 0 chance against Unicron... Or the Freelance Peacekeeping Agent, Death's Head (Yes... got my Transformer geek on).

Well, I'm not really fan, so, that's probably why I don't see it as a big deal. I don't really consider myself a fan of anything, like I said a page back I think.
    What has me interested in the DW series, is the fact it'sloosely based on the Chinese playwright, Luo Guanzhong's novel 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms', which was based off a 1700 year old chronicle, 'Chronicles of the Three Kingdoms' which in turn was based off actual events in China's early history (170AD-269AD). So yeah... I'm a fan of the DW series (and even the Samurai Warriors series... as that's based off actual events circa the 15th century).

I love Dynasty Warriors Gundam and the 3rd one is a major improvement.

I love Dynasty Warriors Gundam and the 3rd one is a major improvement.
    That's your choice and you're entitled to it.

...But robots painted in red, white and blue and piloted by angst-ridden teenagers don't interest me at all...

I guess because it's not a 'true' Dynasty Warriors; it's actually fun.
    :P

...But robots painted in red, white and blue and piloted by angst-ridden teenagers don't interest me at all...
    Not all pilots are angst and/or teenagers (e.g. Amuro Ray) as far as I can tell. I've heard mostly stuff about Kira Yamato, but that's about it. I've seen how his personality is in DWG2 and 3, but I'll need to watch Gundam SEED to see what he's like exactly.

I guess because it's not a 'true' Dynasty Warriors; it's actually fun.
    :P
    To each their own...

However, the original Dynasty Warriors series is fun... has to be, to have 7 games in the main series and inspired Samurai Warriors and... that abomination that is Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Even Bladestorm (also made by Koei), one can see the link to Koei's flagship series.

Not all pilots are angst and/or teenagers (e.g. Amuro Ray) as far as I can tell. I've heard mostly stuff about Kira Yamato, but that's about it. I've seen how his personality is in DWG2 and 3, but I'll need to watch Gundam SEED to see what he's like exactly.
    I can proudly state I've never seen a episode of any Gundam series... and have no desire to. I've played the demo of the first DWG game... and immediately deleted it. Hated it...

I'm teasing you...and the first DW:G game was shit, pure shit.

I LOVED DW3; it was my first 'true' mindless hack-n-slash.
    I like the Gundam games because, lets face it, most of the Gundam games are shit and DW:G3 had a great graphical style.

My issue with the series is that it feels like Madden...just the same shit over and over again with VERY little progress from game to game.

My issue with the series is that it feels like Madden...just the same shit over and over again with VERY little progress from game to game.
    At least it's actually entertaining instead of the Madden games and any other EA Sports game since I've never bought any them and never will(Except Fight Night, I only have FNR 3, 4, and Champions). The only football games I probably would buy would be Backbreaker, Blitz The League and Blitz The League II. Speaking of sports, I should play Table Tennis, I haven't played that game in a while.

At least it's actually entertaining instead of the Madden games and any other EA Sports game since I've never bought any them and never will(Except Fight Night, I only have FNR 3, 4, and Champions). The only football games I probably would buy would be Backbreaker, Blitz The League and Blitz The League II. Speaking of sports, I should play Table Tennis, I haven't played that game in a while.
    Eh, that's subjective but if I'm not going to take a 'roster update' from Madden, why would I from a company that can actually make good games like the ones behind DW?

At least it's actually entertaining instead of the Madden games and any other EA Sports game since I've never bought any them and never will
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, man.

Grand Shriner
    [QUOTE=Vrykolas;1885846]By your logic, the early games could have resolved the Umbrella story, by tacking it onto the end. They did something like that in the movie 'Moon', and it was universally derided as the biggest cop out ending ever, to an otherwise fantastic modern sci-fi movie. So no, I don't agree with you at all. When you build it up for that long, it deserves actual payoff, not some 'Okay, forget about that now...' in the first couple of minutes.

If Mass Effect 3 started with 'The Reapers finally attacked, we beat them, and now there's a new threat...' you can bet it wouldn't go down well. RE4 betrayed the promise it was making on its story. RE5 filled in the blanks, cleaning up after RE4's mess.

I mean, I must have missed all the fans who were saying 'You know what I want in a sequel - for them to ditch the Umbrella thing and do something else entirely'. Because then its something else entirely, which is what RE4 is. And get off your high horse - I already said that I think RE4 is a fantastic game. What more do you want?! Blood?

By your standards,a game that is supposed to be a survival horror and isn't,is still a success? re4 isn't scary,but re5 is even less scary.

Also:Kaim has way more development than jansen and seth.

Seth has a bit of backstory,but i haven't really seen that much.We get to see about the story of her being a pirate and being friends with the queen.

Kaim on the other hand,we have a story that spawns really far back and tells about him staying in villages and wandering the earth.Because of this,we get little glimpse of events in his life that lead to a more thorough development.

Jansen while amusing at times with his jokes and complaining,is mostly there for comic relief i feel.

Skyrim

@ Darth Revan

I just remembered something. Isn't DW7 on the ps3 as well? When you said that they "screwed the xbox360 owners"? Well, there's a ps3 version of DW7. If you plan on getting DW7 XL, well, there you go

I have the 360 version of DW7, so, I don't really care about the "Remix" feature, but I do plan on getting it.

CC
    Quote Originally Posted by impudent urinal View Post
    Moogle charm. To beat Magimaster, berserk his ass and then just osmose him to death so his last ditch Ultima won't go with no MP.
    I'll keep this in mind ^^ I almost got to the top . . . then I think I was Flare'd to death by something Might not've been Flare; was really sick this whole week, so my mind was a little fuzzy. Whatever it was, it was quite crippling :O

Skyrim

@ Darth Revan

I just remembered something. Isn't DW7 on the ps3 as well? When you said that they "screwed the xbox360 owners"? Well, there's a ps3 version of DW7. If you plan on getting DW7 XL, well, there you go

I have the 360 version of DW7, so, I don't really care about the "Remix" feature, but I do plan on getting it.
    DW7 is on PS3 as well as DW7XL... I can't get that version as I don't have a PS3 and I'm not going to get one just for one game. So I still stand by my statement of Koei/Tecmo 'screwed the xbox360 owners'. There is the possibility that Koei/Tecmo may release it on the Xbox 360 later... but I'm not hopeful. I do hope they release a Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires for Xbox 360 and PS3, but the way things stand at the moment... /shrug.

Anyway, back to topic, playing NCIS the Videogame.

Onion Kid
    The last game I played was CIV 5 but it was becoming an addiction. I forced myself to stop for two weeks and strangely never came back to it.

It's exclusively for the PS3, so I don't think it'll be ported to the 360. If they make DW 7 Empires, it may be on both 360 and ps3.

Edit: I've been reading that Conquest Mode in DW7 is sort of like Empires, but stripped down. I haven't gotten to it yet, however. Either way, I'd still like to see another DW Empires made.