Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10505455565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1502
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: All-Purpose Silent Hill Thread

Ah, okay. I'm not familiar with his "Snow" role.

Just checked out pricing for HD collection... it's a little over priced, IMO. I may consider buying it if they bump it down to $29.99 or even $19.99. I know this is blasphemous in the Silent Shriner's Circle, but damn, if I'm going to pay $49.99, there better be LOTS of new content added.

Neg
    If you're not dumb enough to pay for some graphical tweeks and new voice-overs, that doesn't exactly make you blasphemous.

Pretty sure since the beginning I've said I was only getting it because I'm a fanboy. Troy is a great bonus, though. Really wouldn't expect anyone but IDX, DJ, and me to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    If you're not dumb enough to pay for some graphical tweeks and new voice-overs, that doesn't exactly make you blasphemous.

Pretty sure since the beginning I've said I was only getting it because I'm a fanboy. Troy is a great bonus, though. Really wouldn't expect anyone but IDX, DJ, and me to buy it.
    That's just the thing... I DO want to buy it... I just think it's over-priced, especially for only two game remakes. Perhaps if they had thrown in Silent Hill 1 or 4 into it, I would have been more convinced to get it.

Troy Baker is voicing James. He played Snow. I loves him~
    I know, Troy Baker has one of the coolest voices.
    Lil' Ol' Maaaaaaaaaan

Neg
    The original is on PSN, that's good enough. Origins and 4 should have been on it.

The original is on PSN, that's good enough. Origins and 4 should have been on it.
    Agreed. 100%.

Its kind of like the MGS HD collection not containing MGS1 (or maybe throwing in Twin Snakes if they wanted to touch it up). It doesn't make sense to have an incomplete set..

And they are both published by Konami. Suspicious.

Neg
    Squeenix is just as guilty. Video game companies can't seem to get this shit right, even if they aren't even remastering them in anyway, whatsoever.

TV Shows get complete box sets, way WAY more often.

Neg
    This is mainly spoilered for size. If you don't want to know about game-play mechanics, though, consider it a legitimate spoiler.

Spoiler!

Also, one of the loading screen tips is just: YOU CAN'T IGNORE IT FOREVER

Love this franchise way too damn much ;_;;

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    Ari, I don't know where you're from but in the US (or just the store I reserved my copy at) the HD collection is $39.99. I don't mind paying pretty much $20 for two games with the third being great because I've only beaten that game once. Although it was pretty scary, I ended up just going back to SH2 for some reason lol.

So any opinions Downpour?

Neg
    Liking it so far. Camera got a bit stuttery in one area.

Kinda stuck, atm.

Likes to hard-stop when it gives trophies. That isn't any different than a lot of other games I love. Shit will only happen once, thankfully.

Just started Downpour myself... I got to say that it's very different. I'm not very far into it yet to determine whether this difference is a good or bad thing.

The first five minutes was a bit of mind-blowing experience...

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by IDX View Post
    Ari, I don't know where you're from but in the US (or just the store I reserved my copy at) the HD collection is $39.99. I don't mind paying pretty much $20 for two games with the third being great because I've only beaten that game once. Although it was pretty scary, I ended up just going back to SH2 for some reason lol.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what they're offering it for in my area as well, but I still think I may hold out to see if it drops in price more down the road.

Neg
    Been wigging out

Issues with the combat, camera, the weapons, set-pieces.

Going from open-minded about the new voices to throwing a THESE ARE NOT APPROPRIATE hissyfit. First world problems of a fanboy.

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    Been wigging out

Going from open-minded about the new voices to throwing a THESE ARE NOT APPROPRIATE hissyfit. First world problems of a fanboy.
    I totally know that feeling. I want to play through SH2 (just got done with the hospital so on my way to get that letter and wrench) at least once using the new voices and the thing that first came to mind when playing the main game (didn't feel it during Born From A Wish) is how UNNATURAL the game feels with the new voices. They do take some getting used to but the new girl voicing Maria should definitely take notes from the original VA. She doesn't sound convincing enough for me.

But I don't think I'll ever get used to the octave changes in James's voice. Luckily I'm not that acquainted with SH3 so hearing the new voices probably won't be as bad as it is for me atm

Neg
    It's not a bad performance, I really like Troy, but he feels too strong, too confident, in it. The same goes for the person voicing Mary/Maria.

They're both weak, awkward people and the original voices suit them insanely well. It's crazy how easy that was to see, instantaneously. Heather feels like a similar problem. She seemed....too........catty? Heather can definitely hold her own, but there's also a vulnerability and brokenness, to her. New person doesn't seem to have that.

Douglas sounds similar, but it seems to be lacking that lived-in quality the original actor has. World worn, and such.

People who have played farther than I have are free to disagree with me and obviously have much more authority on the matter. It was just really weird how quickly it hit me. Want to be rational and open-minded, like I was

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

I really don't see why they didn't throw in the original voices for 3, after they settled with Cihi. You can't tell me Heather Morris had gripes with them, too.

Besides the financial hiccup, there was absolutely no need for new voices. We would have bought it, anyway. We really shouldn't. We lap up what bones they throw at us, like dumbshits.

Put all 7 games together and sell the shit, you fucking jackasses. This half-ass collection bullshit has to stop and it's not going to, if we keep buying them. We want all the games on the current-gen consoles because of how they are strewn across 3 generations and 4 consoles. They got it done with God of War, even if it took two collections (one for the PSP games, one for the console ones) and then 3 itself. There is no reason they can't get it done for SH and MGS. I think Aden said their HD collection was missing shit, too.

It might be Konami just being fucking stupid. The publish both Silent Hill and MGS. Thats why I only buy like maybe a game every 3 months and rent the rest. And coincidentally, I haven't bought a Konami game since MGS4.

Neg
    Yep, I'm aware. Like I said, though, Squeenix did the same shit with FF.

Chronicles = IV, Chrono Trigger
    Anthology = V, VI

I seem to recall Anthology having more games on it for the Japanese, though.

Been wigging out

Are these criticisms of the HD Collection or Downpour?

Edit: Seems based on the later posts that it's the HD Collection.

Neg
    First sentence is about Downpour.

First sentence is about Downpour.
    Yeah, it's def interesting to see how different Downpour is from previous games.

Played a little more SH Downpour... the game seems to lock up at certain points which is awkward.

Made it a puzzle that involves a safe and it's terrible frustrating. Made me stop playing the game after only playing for about 20 minutes.

Neg
    Same happened to me. The memo from the peeping Tom has nothing to do with the safe. Look in the rooms near the safe. It's not nearly as hard as it first appears.

And yes, the game stutters like a bitch in Devil's Pit Stop. Hard stops when you get the first achievement. That shit happens in other games, though. Butting up a hands-free/FMV segment with the awarding of a trophy is usually trouble.

Neg
    Thank JJ here for saving you money on the HD collection, Ari:

Quote Originally Posted by impudent urinal View Post
    This was interesting with all of Neg's talk of Silent Hill in my mind.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Forever hiden in shadows aneishka's Avatar
    Apart from the glitches I loved Downpour.

For personal reasons Silent Hill games are cathartic for me. I just can't help but love them all. They have been my therapy for a while.

Oh and Murphy is hawt!!!!
    Neg likes this.