Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24246474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1502
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: All-Purpose Silent Hill Thread

Goren
    Spoiler!

Neg
    Silent Shriner #4 likes SH4's score the best. Shocking.

I don't think that was spoiler worthy information XD

<3

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    Actually, 4 had a pretty good soundtrack as well, now that I'm thinking about it.

Bakuretsu Hunter Chocolate Misu's Avatar
    If anyone cares I posted the SH2 guide I also scanned the poster inside ~<3 It would be wonderful on the wall...

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Neg
    Okay, so it occurred to me that I'm not sure what the trophy support would be for 2 and 3 in the HD collection. Then I thought (FUCKING DUH) they'd probably break the requirements for 10 stars into individual achievements and maybe keep getting the 10 star as another.

Would be interesting if you could just 10 star it and that'd give you the platinum automatically.

Still, they might come up with other ones. Can anyone think of weird little things you can do in game they could use? I'll try to think of some.

Also does anyone have a copy of the comic that has the post man dude from Downpour in it?

My guess is they would have a trophy for each ending possible. Not entirely sure, but it does make the replay value pretty high if you're looking to unlock all trophies.

Neg
    Getting each ending is part of getting 10 stars, you'll recall.

I was trying to think of goofy little stuff (akin to deflecting an arrow with your knife in RE5), but I just got up after staying up til like 7 or sth.

Onion Kid
    Man, Silent Hill 4 is by far the creepiest, followed by 2, dunno why SH fans give it such a hard time :O
    Anyone played Forbidden Siren? Freakin loved it!
    Sorry for the off-topic!

Neg
    Allen'll love you to pieces~

No, no. Be as off-topic as you'd like.

Still haven't come up with any goofy achievements XD Oh well. Is the HD collection even going to get out before Downpour? Hope that release date is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    Allen'll love you to pieces~

No, no. Be as off-topic as you'd like.

Still haven't come up with any goofy achievements XD Oh well. Is the HD collection even going to get out before Downpour? Hope that release date is correct.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were both released on the same date or at least within the same month.

Neg
    I really have no idea. No idea where they are in the development schedule, in the slightest.

I came up with some achievements!

2: Reaching in the toilet, since it's completely optional.
    3: Finding the 4 references to 2.

Neg
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructoid
    Konami has announced that it would be recasting the voice actors for Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 on the HD collection. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the decision, but James Sunderland's original actor, Guy Chihi, has already formed an opinion -- and accused Konami of trying to duck out of paying him.

"Konami knows that they owe me residuals for all previous unauthorized re-uses of my mocap and vocal performances," he alleged. "It would appear Konami is seeking to avoid further liability by changing the voice in their latest re-use of the SH2 materials. However, if any of my mocap appears in the new release, Konami will be liable for unauthorized reuse of my performance. Like Gump’s Momma said, 'Stupid is as stupid does.' It would have been much better for everyone had Konami simply made me a reasonable offer ...

"I’ll get around to seeking compensation through the courts one of these days. I simply don’t have the time for it right now. I hope this doesn’t bum out any fans ... It’s just business as usual on the production side of games."

This news is pretty crazy and has certainly dampened my excitement for the collection. Whatever one thinks of the voice actors, they were part of the original charm and I can't say I'm fond of having them cut out. I just don't know what Konami's damage is when it comes to Silent Hill lately.

Well, at least we have a reason, now.

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0

Well, at least we have a reason, now.
    That made me laugh.

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0

The crime scene tape that you can find at the overpass if you trek back over there later in the game could mean two things.

1.) It's for the dead body that you can see in this picture (that I've never seen before because I had to bump the brightness all the way up to even see it this time).
    2.) Even if the patient demon really is a human being that James killed, all he did was kill a murderer.

That's 1 murder absolved
    I know this is old but I'm playing SH2 again and that body is there since the beginning. When you fight the first monster, he's hunched over it like he's eating it or something. If you press X on it, James will say in text "Dead... Could it have been that monster?" or something like that. I'd take a picture if my phone wasn't suspended so I can show it to you. I never saw it before either until I played it on my HDTV where it's easily visible and I thought of this. Although it is pretty interesting as to why they decided to wrap "caution" tape over the whole fence when you try and go back instead of, oh I dunno, just closing and locking the gate. But it might not mean anything except to make it more visible that you can't go there anymore since the only time you can see it is at night.

Neg
    Yep, never meant to imply the body wasn't there from the beginning. The tape comes later.

I finished Soundless Mountain II. It's really only a demo, but it's a fun distraction. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Don't need an emulator from what I can tell. It launches on its own, for me.

i saw the body the first time i played the game. been a hardcore RE veteran even back then, i was honestly expecting the body to turn into a zombie or something and attack me.

also, an achievement for sh3

"plumbers dont wear boobs": muster courage and check the toilet. (though it does require you to have beaten sh2 before)
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    because if life is a bitch, im gonna make her MY BITCH
    i now legally posess a phd in zombies.

on february 23, 1987, two things happened: the first documentable supernova visible with the human eye, and my birth. in other words, i was blessed by the universe itself. not many can say that

Neg
    That's one of the 4 SH2 references, I mentioned, yep.

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    Yep, never meant to imply the body wasn't there from the beginning. The tape comes later.

I finished Soundless Mountain II. It's really only a demo, but it's a fun distraction. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Don't need an emulator from what I can tell. It launches on its own, for me.

Gotcha. As for that link, it's telling me the file has been deleted .

Neg
    Well aren't they a bunch of fucking douches...

That's one of the 4 SH2 references, I mentioned, yep.
    didnt read that post. but then again you didnt add the "explanation"

IDX
    Silent Shriner #0
    Sweet! That one works. Now to give this baby a go...

Neg
    Other 3 are

Spoiler!

If you don't know, but I'm willing to bet you do.

were you writing to me? becuase if so, yes, i did know the 4. but i only got the idea for the toilet because i was viewing (again) avgns review of plumbers. and got the idea from there.

Neg
    Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is one crazy game, and one of his best eps, even if the majority of the lols come just from staring in awe at the "game" itself.

Neg
    Learn something new, everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Some wiki article
    Lakeview Hotel's Fire

The source of the hotel's fire is subtly hidden in the employee lounge. At one point, a fire had occurred which either partially burned or completely burned the hotel down to the ground. A mysterious painting, found in Toluca Prison, depicts the Lakeview Hotel; red paint shows fire consuming the entire building. Translated Memories says "Before the second game took place, the hotel was completely destroyed by a fire." Later, when traveling through the Nightmare hotel, crime scene lines can be found with 'Warning! Fire!' on them. In the room where Angela Orosco is found, the staircase is actually on fire, although whether this is related to Lakeview's fire is unknown.

When first visiting the employee lounge, James does not have his flashlight with him. After exiting the Venus Tears bar, the player is able to retrieve their items from the shelf on the second floor, including the flashlight. At this point, the player is able to complete the music box puzzle and head to Room 312. However, the player can also head back into Venus Tears and to the employee lounge (now with the flashlight).

When the heater in the corner of the room is examined, James will say, "There's a heater here. On the back, in small letters, it says: 'I'm Johnny, one hot guy.'" A closer look reveals that the heater is located inches under a curtain. It can be assumed that the intense heat from the heater caused the curtain to ignite which ignited the Lakeview Hotel fire.