PDA

View Full Version : Michel Legrand:Three Musketeers(1974) + Benoit Charest: The Triplets of Belleville

futhark
06-01-2008, 05:52 AM
Hi!

Alright, I've just uploaded two more movie scores:

Michel Legrand - The Three Musketeers (1974)
(expired link, just search for it on this forum, there are several threads) :)

Michel Legrand was an apprentice of Henry Mancini, and on this score he utilizes many medievalish tunes with classical and some jazz.
This movie is a prime example of the many gentleman movies with a stylish sense of humour, and this score manages to bring a light and amusing atmosphere to the movie.

and

Benoit Charest - The Triplets of Belleville (2004)
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

"The Triplets of Belleville" is a cabaret score from an animated movie from Canada/Belgium/France/UK. It features music inspired by the likes of Django Reinhardt. (also heard in the game Mafia)

You can find clips here:

Hope you like it!

earbox
06-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Is this the released soundtrack for Triplets, or an expanded version just of Charest's score?

futhark
06-01-2008, 10:30 AM
It is just Charest's score.
All the information about this release are on the links.

tangotreats
06-01-2008, 12:28 PM
What a wonderful post!

Belleville Rendezvous (as it is known in England - God knows why) is a gorgeous film and the score is superb.

If I were to make just one comment, it's a French film - not Canadian. It was co-produced with the UK, Canada, and Belgium - but it's very much a French film.

:)

ironhide
06-01-2008, 01:03 PM
thank you i have been hoping to get my hands on the musketeers ost for years do you have the return of the musketeers soundtrack the film had a young kim catrall in it, i had it on lp years ago but have never found it on cd

futhark
06-01-2008, 01:11 PM
dannyfrench: It's so nice to read that someone enjoyed the score(s).

Wouldn't it be more proper to call the movie a inter-franco/inter-french movie since it involves almost francophonical countries?

futhark
06-01-2008, 01:14 PM
thank you i have been hoping to get my hands on the musketeers ost for years do you have the return of the musketeers soundtrack the film had a young kim catrall in it, i had it on lp years ago but have never found it on cd

I'm terribly sorry to tell you that I don't have it.
I bought "The Three Musketeers" on vinyl one year ago, and I've been searching for the vinyl edition of "The Four Musketeers" by Michel Legrand and Lalo Schifrin, even though none of the other movie scores from the Musketeers-saga can be compared to Michel Legrand's "Three musketeers".

tangotreats
06-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Well, yes... ;)

I was trying to recognise the overwhelming French nature without ignoring the fact that other countries contributed technically.

Anyway - thank you again for posting this. And thank you also for making a description more detailed than "IT'S WAY COOL DUDE!"

I'm terribly sorry to tell you that I don't have it.
I bought "The Three Musketeers" on vinyl one year ago, and I've been searching for the vinyl edition of "The Four Musketeers" by Michel Legrand and Lalo Schifrin, even though none of the other movie scores from the Musketeers-saga can be compared to Michel Legrand's "Three musketeers".

I have the "Four Musketeers" symphonic suite by Schifrin, if that's any good to anybody? :)

futhark
06-01-2008, 01:33 PM
dannyfrench: yes please. :)

(about the description): Since these scores are rather unknown to the masses (Or so I thought)I tried to elevate the interest by showing them examples from Youtube and Amazon, which they could listen and look at while not using a lot of time doing so. Just click and watch, you see.

I'm not sure if I would've done the same thing if I uploaded the score from XxX, but that's because it's more known to the masses than the other movies.

Cheers!

tangotreats
06-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Now uploading... Check back in about 45 mins :)

Edit: Enjoy! :)

futhark
06-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Thank you!

ironhide
06-02-2008, 11:15 AM
thank you

anthonyjosephlinehan
01-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Dead Link :( And he also has another score out: Upside Down. It's out of this world music! I can't find it anywhere on the internet, but will keep looking. If any one finds it before me, thanks in advance :)

anthonyjosephlinehan
01-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Hi all, did anyone find Upside down. Please.... :(

scoremaniatic
08-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Can you re-up futhark please ? many thanks !

futhark
08-10-2014, 03:14 AM
Can you re-up futhark please ? many thanks !

Done! But the link for The Three Musketeers already exists on several threads, so just search for it. :)

edit: maybe move this to "film download links" if it's possible?

shran
08-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Hi, cannot find a functionable link to michel legrand, "the three musketeers". someone who can help? PM would be nice. :)

shark9
08-23-2016, 08:58 AM
thank you!

sunday12022012
09-30-2016, 03:24 AM
anyone have this?