PDA

View Full Version : Disc 3 help please!



GarnetGal
04-20-2002, 09:00 PM
I need some help. I'm in the desert castle on Disc 3, and I did something wrong, and the hidden staircase, that I KNOW is supposed to show up, isn't showing up. I don't know WHAT I did. I decided to just start a new game, because I was sick of trying to figure it out, and then my brother scratched up Disc 2 real bad, so it won't play through one of the videos. It just freezes, so NOW I have to play my game that's on Disc 3, and I STILL can't figure out how to get that stupid staircase to show up, so if any of you know, it will be a GREAT amount of help.:)

Hillary

Crazy Chocobo
04-20-2002, 10:00 PM
EDIT:


From Unofficial Final Fantasy Site

Head north to the next screen.When you see the statue of an angel surrounded by two demons,run to the right, then to the left,and a staircase will appear. Go upstairs and head south to the next screen.Light up the candle over there,then go back to previous screen,and head left to the next screen.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Here,you'll need to light up the all the candle in order to solve the maze.See the ascii map below for details.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
After you've light all the candle in this room,check the purple orb that's glowing (see the map -> X ) to receive an item.Now head right to the next screen (see the map -> * )
Here,climb up the ladder on the left and go upstairs.In the next screen, light the candle on the left,then continue south to the library. Light up the candle on the far left to reveal a hidden stairs,so go upstairs.Here,light up the candle on the upper left corner of the screen to reveal a hidden door,so enter it.Examine the purple orb over there to receive an item,then go back to previous screen.Light up the candle in the middle of the room (near the bookshelf) to reveal another hidden door.In the next screen,light up the candle on the right,then continue north to light another candle.After that,go back to previous screen. Light up the candle below the statue to reveal another hidden door (Why there is so many hidden door inside this place ????).Light up the candle over there,then go back to previous screen.Now you should hear a mognet sound,so head left to find a mognet and save your game here.

Head left to the next screen.Here,light the candle on the right,but don't light up the candle on the left,instead,just head left then north to the next screen.Continue to the next screen,and here,light up the candle on the left and right to reveal a hidden stairs.Go back to previous screen,and go upstairs.Now try to light the candle on the north, and you'll encounter a boss battle.



Original HTML doc can be found here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Koenma
04-20-2002, 10:03 PM
Yeah I believe it's in the library, right? Some candles aren't lit in order or anything, so check 'em all. Also, if you havn't gotten ALL candels up to that point, you may not be able to light it. Make sure ALL candels you passed so far are lit up.

GarnetGal
04-20-2002, 10:24 PM
So, the hidden staircase is in the library? I'm pretty sure all of them are lit. As soon as my sister quits playing Legend of Legaia, then I'll go and try that.

Thanks!:)

Hillary

Koenma
04-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by GarnetGal
So, the hidden staircase is in the library? I'm pretty sure all of them are lit. As soon as my sister quits playing Legend of Legaia, then I'll go and try that.

Thanks!:)

Hillary

Legend of Legaia. Great game.

Anyway, well, I thought the same thing when I was about to light the LAST torch, only to find out I couldn't. I was pissed, but then thought about it before I went off killing people with a chainsaw. There's quite a few you may miss, so just double-check.

Crazy Chocobo
04-21-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Garnets Lover


Legend of Legaia. Great game.

Anyway, well, I thought the same thing when I was about to light the LAST torch, only to find out I couldn't. I was pissed, but then thought about it before I went off killing people with a chainsaw. There's quite a few you may miss, so just double-check.


Yeah, that's true. I missed one when I was playing.

zidane tribal
04-22-2002, 10:16 AM
hmmmmm i got it first try.....im lucky i guess....:D

Koenma
04-22-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by zidane tribal
hmmmmm i got it first try.....im lucky i guess....:D

I hear ya' on that, bro'!

GarnetGal
04-22-2002, 05:34 PM
So the hidden staircase is in the library for sure? I just need to know that. I haven't had time to get back on and make sure every candle is lit. I finally got my Disc 2 game to work, and the disc quit freezing, and I got it to Disc 3. Now, because once again, my brother has NO idea how to take care of anything, it won't play through Disc 3 either. So, I'm not even sure I'll be able to get the first game to work. It really sucks, because I really want to finish this game. The same thing happened with Final Fantasy VIII. I'm not gonna spend the thirty dollars to buy the game again just for one disc, so I guess I won't finish the game if that happens. ::shrugs::

Now, I'm just making sure it's in the library. I'm very impatient, so it's kinda getting on my nerves that I can't find it. lol

Hillary

Oh yeah, Legend of Lagaia is awesome! I'm almost done with that one too. (I know, I'm late in all this, but I didn't even get a Playstation until last year...so...you know...)

Crazy Chocobo
04-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Well... if my memory serves me correct (it's been quite a while since I beat FFIX), it is in the library for or very near the library, for sure. As for bad discs, why don't you rent the game, or borrow from a friend?

GarnetGal
04-22-2002, 05:58 PM
Ok. I hope it's in the library.

As for the disc problem, I WOULD rent it, but the video store doesn't have it. (That's what you get for living in the sticks...) And none of my friends own the game. They don't like RPG's for some VERY ODD REASON, because I think they rock....

Thanks for your help:)

Hillary

zidane tribal
04-24-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by GarnetGal
So the hidden staircase is in the library for sure? I just need to know that. I haven't had time to get back on and make sure every candle is lit. I finally got my Disc 2 game to work, and the disc quit freezing, and I got it to Disc 3. Now, because once again, my brother has NO idea how to take care of anything, it won't play through Disc 3 either. So, I'm not even sure I'll be able to get the first game to work. It really sucks, because I really want to finish this game. The same thing happened with Final Fantasy VIII. I'm not gonna spend the thirty dollars to buy the game again just for one disc, so I guess I won't finish the game if that happens. ::shrugs::

Now, I'm just making sure it's in the library. I'm very impatient, so it's kinda getting on my nerves that I can't find it. lol

Hillary

Oh yeah, Legend of Lagaia is awesome! I'm almost done with that one too. (I know, I'm late in all this, but I didn't even get a Playstation until last year...so...you know...) yea i am pretty lucky with video games....i just decide to do something and it works lol.....

you just got a ps!?!?!!?!??! ahhhh ypu deprived lil Hilary!!!! lol...:D :D ......well atleast you entered into the rpg world!!!:D